Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building in Jordan Springs East?

Page 25 of 26
I called LL today.
Stage 2 is still waiting for Sydney Water and Endeavor Energy approvals. After that they will submit it to council.
They still say that the registrations are due to in July.
Thanks for the Update Nada.. looks like it is 3 - 4 weeks away from being registered.
i don't know why but i am not that optimistic
lets see
Spoke to Lend Lease this morning.
"So right now we are looking at the title dates to be around Mid to Late July".
Almost Week -2 of July is over, and the plans are still not submitted to council.. I am starting to think Aug now.
toynz
Hi everyone
I have bought land in Jordan springs east.
I was wondering if anyone was having any problems with their finance due to the transmission lines?
Thanks

Hi,

The eastern side of our lot borders the transmission line easement (we're in Ashgrove Close)...I think there are only a few of us in Central/East precincts that these affect...We DID have issues with finance approval, but not the bank as such - it was the mortgage insurer that didnt like it...Most banks/credit unions use two major mortgage insurers and neither of them like it...I think they want minimum of 100m distance to consider approving...

We obtained our banks pre-approval in December last year, then once land registered (May 2017) we had 10 days to get final approval and settle - with 4 days to go, our bank called me to say the insurers wouldnt sign off...Eventually I pulled a few favours and plead to their customer focus, and got it over the line...

I am however aware that NAB have their own 'inhouse' mortgage insurance process, and they WILL consider...of course all depends on lending ratio, risk, etc...but they will do them...

Good luck!!!!
julie307
JS east 1I
nada17
they probably want to settle as many contracts as possible by the end of financial year. so you are lucky

Yes, seems to be EOFY discount

They should be rewarding those of us in the first realeases who sat through the 10months of waiting for settlement not just the releases now so lendlease can relieve themselves of any tax burdens

Couldn't agree more!!! - What about us Central Precincts too....Deposited in July last year on basis of a "we're all on track for December 2016 registration/settlement" (Lendlease) - Settled MAY 2017!!!!!!

What about a $2k 'thanks for being patient' - I'd even accept a $2000 voucher to Bunnings/Harvey Norman/JB - I'm certain once we move in, both will be getting a few repeat visits from me
i hope everyone got an update on stage 2: it is in council!
the anticipated registration is in end July/ early August which again sounds too optimistic to me

anyway let's see
hi guys!
did anyone get approvals from Council/CDC and LL?
How much time did it take?
nada17
hi guys!
We are stage 1B and ours went thru CDC. Went back and forth a few times alos had CDC request new versions of certain docs as they wernt happy the ones we had done last year. It was finally approved and signed off mid last week.

julie307
nada17
hi guys!

We are stage 1B and ours went thru CDC. Went back and forth a few times alos had CDC request new versions of certain docs as they wernt happy the ones we had done last year. It was finally approved and signed off mid last week.

wow! thanks for the response and congrats!

when did you first apply for CDC?
how much time did it take you with LL approval?
nada17
julie307
nada17
hi guys!

wow! thanks for the response and congrats!

when did you first apply for CDC?
how much time did it take you with LL approval?
We did our lendlease approvals back in Nov last year while we were waiting for thr land to register. We bought back in Sept last year so pretty much did most things back then.
We had a few issues with CDC so they submitted late June/early July and it was approved last week.

hi guys!
has anyone from stage 2 already arranged borehole test and survey? I am just wondering if there is access to the lots?
We were told "No Access till registration" by Megan. I think the officer looking at Stage -2 in Council is returning back on Monday, so we will see some movement next week. Few more day... !
from LL:

As per request, please be advised that the full subdivision application is with council and awaiting final sign off. Also, please be advised the the Subdivision Certificate has been approved and lodged with the LPI office. We are currently waiting for a confirmed date for registration. Once this has been advised by the authorities, we will advise all purchasers of this information. This is still anticipated for this month August.
Wooo Hoooo.. but it may not be possible.. as far as I know, council has to sign off before lodging to LPI. I will call Landlease to see that actually happening.

Marianne told me other day that it is with LPI and waiting for dates for registration. but it looks like is is still with Council
I didn't get the point about final sign off with council if the approval has already been received and the papers are with lpi.
does anyone know how it works?
nada17
I didn't get the point about final sign off with council if the approval has already been received and the papers are with lpi.
does anyone know how it works?

Nada,

Process is generally:

*Subdivision Lodged/Approved by Council (or CDC), then
*Approved Subdivision lodged with LPI (Individual Lot Registration)
*Agree/sign off on final plans with your builder
*Building Plans lodged with LendLease for design/covenant approval
*Building Plans lodged with Council (or CDC)
*Dig some dirt and build a house!!!!

Apologies if I've missed the point of your question Nada...

Cheers
Gaz
Hi Gaz,

thanks for your response,

my question was more about how it can be with LPI if it is still with council.
Is it the case that council is signing off after registration?
otherwise the response from LL contradicting itself.

Anyway,
something is happening guys
2a and 2b guys,
congrats with registration!
Related
7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum