Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rawson Homes - Balmoral 34 MK1 St George Area NSW

Page 5 of 11
Hey fee...I had the same gap and the same concerns but the end product looks fine. Make sure the aluminum frame of the window isn't sagging in the middle though - they're still trying to rectify that issue at my house.

VictoriaEve
Hey fee...I had the same gap and the same concerns but the end product looks fine. Make sure the aluminum frame of the window isn't sagging in the middle though - they're still trying to rectify that issue at my house.

Thanks VictoriaEve I will put that on my list

They did the waterproofing today. The upstairs bathrooms are coated completely. The down stairs bathroom and laundry are done just around the edges and shower. Does that sound right?

Fee121
They did the waterproofing today. The upstairs bathrooms are coated completely. The down stairs bathroom and laundry are done just around the edges and shower. Does that sound right?

That sounds right. Upstairs floor will be covered in the blue waterproofing and downstairs laundry and bathrooms will have waterproofing applied around the edges.
iceberg.
Fee121

That sounds right. Upstairs floor will be covered in the blue waterproofing and downstairs laundry and bathrooms will have waterproofing applied around the edges.

Thanks iceberg

Well we had our private building inspector do an inspection. According to the report there was no major drama. A few little problems but it should be fine. I tried to call the inspector to go through the report but they have gone on holidays

We have had workman on site every day last week. They have been busy doing the electrical wiring and air conditioning.
They have wired the in ceiling speakers to the same point as the air conditioning duct. We will have to speak to the SS about this because that seems wrong. You will block the duct with a speaker. They have also moved the NBN to the back wall of the garage. It was supposed to be on a wall backing onto a lounge room but instead it will be backing on to an outside wall.I guess this will be ok but I was worried it may get hot there.
Looking forward to another productive week

Oh sweet your inspection went well. Once the electrical wiring and air con goes in they can start to move quickly for gyprock and kitchen.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81624
The gyp-rock has been delivered and the cornice. They have finished the roof (thank goodness, I was worried it might rain). They have put the glass in the back windows as well.

We started to look at window coverings today. I originally was thinking shutters but I checked out Veri Shades and they look fantastic. The only thing is they are very expensive (quoted approx $4500 just to do the stacker doors). I like the versatility of having the look of a curtain that can be turned to a blackout blind and the curtain fabric was very soft to touch. Does anyone have experience with these?

On-line it looks like Kresta do something similar called SheerFold. Does anyone know anything about these? I am also thinking about Zebra blinds for the upstairs windows and fibreglass base shutters for the bathroom.

Any advice???
Well the SS has confirmed that nothing short of a miracle will get us in before Christmas

He has been let down by tradies again. I know our SS is trying but the roofing company they use is a disaster.
Any ideas who I contact to find out how many rain days etc there has been? We are currently in week 37 so this set back will put us back. Do they count Christmas shutdown when they are over time? I am away for work at the moment and don't have our contract with me.

Fee121
Well the SS has confirmed that nothing short of a miracle will get us in before Christmas

He has been let down by tradies again. I know our SS is trying but the roofing company they use is a disaster.
Any ideas who I contact to find out how many rain days etc there has been? We are currently in week 37 so this set back will put us back. Do they count Christmas shutdown when they are over time? I am away for work at the moment and don't have our contract with me.

We are in exactly the same boat! At week 37 out of what should be a 40 week build and been told we are only around half way into our build. We are all ready for insulation and gyprock but that won’t be started for another week. Tradies unavailability has been our biggest issue but this latest 4 week delay has been caused by our independent inspection which found multiple problems.

We have been told that the Xmas 2017/18 shutdown (3-4 weeks) will not be added to the build length, I think that’s unfair. There is a calculation they use but can’t remember what that is. Our contract says we should be told when rain delays happen but we haven’t been told of any and we had a lot in March and April this year.

I’m aiming for an Easter finish that way any earlier will be a bonus!
trimum
Fee121

We are in exactly the same boat! At week 37 out of what should be a 40 week build and been told we are only around half way into our build. We are all ready for insulation and gyprock but that won’t be started for another week. Tradies unavailability has been our biggest issue but this latest 4 week delay has been caused by our independent inspection which found multiple problems.

We have been told that the Xmas 2017/18 shutdown (3-4 weeks) will not be added to the build length, I think that’s unfair. There is a calculation they use but can’t remember what that is. Our contract says we should be told when rain delays happen but we haven’t been told of any and we had a lot in March and April this year.

Oh I am sorry to hear Trimum that you are on the same roller coaster of emotions as us. Are you building in the same area?

Fee121
trimum
Fee121

Oh I am sorry to hear Trimum that you are on the same roller coaster of emotions as us. Are you building in the same area?

We are building in South West Sydney near Oran Park. Hope your build gets going and they catch up on some of the time lost! It certainly is a roller coaster of emotions I never considered it would be like this!
The kitchen, bathroom cabinets and stairs have all started to go in. I am so excited. It’s feeling like we might get a house eventually

Looking great fee. My very favourite kitchen design is in the Balmoral. Love this design!

Hi Fee, just a question. How are Rawson protecting your stairs as the builders move up and down the levels? Do they cover them at all?

Looking fab by the way!

KateAndDuke
Hi Fee, just a question. How are Rawson protecting your stairs as the builders move up and down the levels? Do they cover them at all?

Looking fab by the way!

Hi Kate and Duke, they have put a ply board over each step and taped it down. It looks pretty well covered.

Fee121
KateAndDuke

Looking fab by the way!

Hi Kate and Duke, they have put a ply board over each step and taped it down. It looks pretty well covered.

Good to know they are keeping them safe. They are such a integral feature of the house

Hi Fee, your kitchen and stairs are so gorgeous, gives you very good feeling that the house is getting closer to finishing. That kitchen is so spacious

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Anyone used Empire Blinds at Beverly Hills? I am interested in Veri Shades and they are the Sydney distributor. The reviews for Empire Blinds on line aren’t very favourable....

Related
12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum