Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First timers - Smart Homes for Living in Wellard

Page 5 of 24
Went out to the block on the weekend and the ground has been levelled off ready for the slab to be poured this week.

It's great seeing the rough outline of the house in the sand and getting an idea of how it will all sit on the block.

It also made us realise that the area left to pave for our driveway is going to be tiny. The builder will have to put down like three rows of pavers to fill the gap between the garage and the cross over

The developer had randomly completed the cross over on our driveway before we bought the land. The sales guy didn't know why. He said for some reason there were a couple of blocks where the crossovers had randomly been completed by the developer and ours was one of them. Saved us some money in site costs as the builder took the cost of completing the cross over off our initial estimate.

We also got our first bill from the water corp for water and sewerage service charges on vacant land... Now we know we are really land owners
Great stuff Bob! Crossover is a bonus, one less thing to worry about. Soon the photos can begin

Imightbedave
Great stuff Bob! Crossover is a bonus, one less thing to worry about. Soon the photos can begin

Haha yeah. I took some photos of the level dirt but they aren't that interesting. Hopefully I'll have photos of the slab to post next weekend

Get those pics up SB, and it is coming along so smoothly hope it stays like it
. We are yet to receive any sort of bill, yet the water bill really peeves me, considering we aren't even using anything yet, same with the land rates with waste disposal fee (the biggest chunk of the bill), again we aren't even living on it and we are being charged. But as you said it's ours now, with great land comes great responsibility
Bordeaux4Guest
Get those pics up SB, and it is coming along so smoothly hope it stays like it
. We are yet to receive any sort of bill, yet the water bill really peeves me, considering we aren't even using anything yet, same with the land rates with waste disposal fee (the biggest chunk of the bill), again we aren't even living on it and we are being charged. But as you said it's ours now, with great land comes great responsibility

haha they are seriously just photos of flat dirt. I should have taken better photos where they marked out the garage and alfresco areas. I'll get some pics up after I visit the site this weekend and hopefully see a slab there. My girlfriend was already planning things for the garden. It's a tiny garden but that means less to worry about looking after it.

The bill was a bit of surprise... especially seeing as it states it is a service charge for vacant land. Not long until construction starts though and I start getting proper water and electricity bills

Starts getting expensive all this building malarkey paying rent + mortgage, inspectors, double water and electricity builds... Hopefully it all goes smoothly and it will all be short term pain for long term gain
Just got an e-mail from our CLO to congratulate us on our slab being laid. They even included a picture for us

We will still head down there on the weekend so will likely post some more photos after our visit

Pretty happy so far with the communication from the builder. Our CLO has been in constant contact with us since we moved into the construction phase. Stormwater and drains is apparently on the schedule for next week
Awesome! Conslabulations!

Congrats!! Slab party!!! Whoooohooo:-D
aloenyx
Congrats!! Slab party!!! Whoooohooo:-D

Haha yep. We will be heading down with a bittle of champers on the weekend

I missed my slab party.. my frames went up so quick, I never saw the house at slab only XD
Congrats Bob!

Follow our build with Express Two Storey (Ventura Group): http://tinyurl.com/jlykgph
Yay!!!!!!

Modified Dream Verona - Dreamstart
10m Frontage Block - Dreamstart Build - Calleya Estate
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85632
Oops, double post!
We managed to get down to the block to check out the slab today. Looked good to us. Our inspector is going to look at it a week on Monday.

This little patch of dirt will be our yard

Also noticed the soak wells have been delivered (hard to miss
)

Good looking slab silentbob! Also i recognise the location of your block. Good location

View thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83776&start=80
rosemi
Good looking slab silentbob! Also i recognise the location of your block. Good location

View thread:

Thanks rosemi. We got the block before we selected a builder. We drove out and saw it and decided we had to have it!

Just found out our bricks and window frames are set to be delivered next week with brick work also expected to start before the end of next week.

Have our meeting with our SS booked in next week too
How exciting for you!

View thread:
You are on your way. Your slab looks huge!!!
How long till frames?
aloenyx
You are on your way. Your slab looks huge!!!
How long till frames?

Thanks aloenyx. Do you mean timber frames? We seem to prefer all brick here in Perth. The brickies are due on site before the end of next week

Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

21/04/2024
smart or normal switches

Building A New House

Shelly switches require a paid subscription for full access to all features which is ridiulous given the lifespan of a home and if you were to sell it or buy a home with…

24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum