Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First timers - Smart Homes for Living in Wellard

Page 24 of 24
Hey Silentbob, we have just signed up with Smart homes, we are a few weeks away from our pre start, i was just wondering if you ended upgrading and getting the izone controller? if you did do you find it was worth the extra money? thanks mate
tommythejoiner
Hey Silentbob, we have just signed up with Smart homes, we are a few weeks away from our pre start, i was just wondering if you ended upgrading and getting the izone controller? if you did do you find it was worth the extra money? thanks mate
Hey Tommy

Yeah we did upgrade to the izone controller along with some izone lighting (it was cheaper to get six ilights than 4 regular LEDs with a dimmer)

Pretty happy with the controller. Have remotely controlled the system a few times and it's great to turn it on before driving home from the beach and come home to a cool house. We also use it a lot of an evening. If it's too hot and we can't sleep we just grab my phone and turn the aircon on with a timer so we can fall asleep without it being on all night and we don't have to get up either to fiddle around with the controller. Do it all from bed and just fall back asleep.

They have just released an upgraded controller which is basically a tablet so I'd be asking Smart Homes for that one if not already on offer as it's a bit of a cleaner interface.

The iZone system also works pretty well with Google Assistant... the iLights are still a bit temperamental though with Google Assistant and there is a bit too much lag for voice control on the lights to be effective. But the phone app works well. I'm thinking about upgrading the light switches on the rooms where have smart lighting as it can be annoying not being able to just turn off a light at the wall if you want to control it remotely later.

awesome thanks for the reply mate, we were in the main office last week, i noticed the tablet when i was in looks pretty cool. makes sense to have the house cool for you getting back from work etc..

now that you've ben in your new place for a bit, is there anything you wish you had upgraded/changed at pre start?
tommythejoiner
awesome thanks for the reply mate, we were in the main office last week, i noticed the tablet when i was in looks pretty cool. makes sense to have the house cool for you getting back from work etc..

now that you've ben in your new place for a bit, is there anything you wish you had upgraded/changed at pre start?
The only thing we wished we did was extend the alfresco paving out a metre and along our bedroom sliding door. Now the plan is to just put some stones and feature tiles outside the bedroom and some garden beds. But not really an issue if you don't have a sliding door there.

We got a lot of upgrades included when we were negotiating our contract before we signed so there wasn't much to do when we moved in.

Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

21/04/2024
smart or normal switches

Building A New House

Shelly switches require a paid subscription for full access to all features which is ridiulous given the lifespan of a home and if you were to sell it or buy a home with…

24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum