Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First timers - Smart Homes for Living in Wellard

Page 18 of 24
Oh what delightful little darlings we have in our neighbourhood (not)!
So glad i lived close enough to my house during construction so that i could go around on a daily basis to check on it. Plus unlike you, by the time my house was at lockup i already had the benefit of neighbours living next door.
Glaziers should be able to come out immediately in this situation. At least it happened before you got the keys - still the builder's responsibility.

Oh no, that's awful. Hopefully they can get it fixed ASAP. When we get claims at work for broken glass in windows/doors it's always a same day glaziers job to secure the house so they should get someone out there pretty quickly otherwise risk someone getting inside and causing more issues. You could always ask for the keys before the flyscreen is fixed too and they could send someone out next week to fix that?

Follow our build with Express Two Storey (Ventura Group): http://tinyurl.com/jlykgph
Oh that's terrible!!! ;-;
mrsdoe
Oh no, that's awful. Hopefully they can get it fixed ASAP. When we get claims at work for broken glass in windows/doors it's always a same day glaziers job to secure the house so they should get someone out there pretty quickly otherwise risk someone getting inside and causing more issues. You could always ask for the keys before the flyscreen is fixed too and they could send someone out next week to fix that?

Follow our build with Express Two Storey (Ventura Group): http://tinyurl.com/jlykgph

Are you a fellow lucky employee of the Insurance industry!?
rosemi
So glad i lived close enough to my house during construction so that i could go around on a daily basis to check on it. Plus unlike you, by the time my house was at lockup i already had the benefit of neighbours living next door.
Glaziers should be able to come out immediately in this situation. At least it happened before you got the keys - still the builder's responsibility.

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking this afternoon. At least it's not coming out of my pocket but it's still annoying and I'm hoping the rain last night didn't soak into the bedroom carpet too much.

There's only one house with people living in it at the moment on that section of street. I think until they start the next development stage and clear that rubble it might continue to be a problem even once tenants move in.

Once it's gone our house will be higher up than the land behind it so hopefully that will help.

You have to wonder what is wrong with people today that they get their kicks out of destroying property. It must be disappointing for you when you were so looking forward to getting your keys.

mrsdoe

Yeah I'm hoping they got someone out today. I asked them to keep my updated but never heard back again.

The wife already wants to swap the flyscreen for a more sturdy security door now.

I'll have to head down on the weekend and check no tiles have been damaged too. Would head down now but stuck working late

Not moving until the 12th so no major problem if we don't have keys this weekend. I'd probably end up camping out there all week out worry the windows will get broken again. Other issues this week made me space and forget to get a quote for the side gate so won't be installing that this weekend anyway.

Madora Dreamer
You have to wonder what is wrong with people today that they get their kicks out of destroying property. It must be disappointing for you when you were so looking forward to getting your keys.

Yeah was a bit of a kick in the guts. Hopefully it's a quick turnaround though.

Imightbedave
mrsdoe

Are you a fellow lucky employee of the Insurance industry!?

Haha how did you guess Dave

SilentBoB
rosemi

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking this afternoon. At least it's not coming out of my pocket but it's still annoying and I'm hoping the rain last night didn't soak into the bedroom carpet too much.

There's only one house with people living in it at the moment on that section of street. I think until they start the next development stage and clear that rubble it might continue to be a problem even once tenants move in.

Once it's gone our house will be higher up than the land behind it so hopefully that will help.

Yeah i hope the land behind my place gets developed sooner rather than later. I'm paranoid that some little darling will climb down into my backyard from the back corner and wreak havoc in my place. Hopefully though the garden beds put them off.

The thing that really pisses me off the most are the turds who love to ride their noisy trail bikes up & down the streets & on the land behind our blocks early in the mornings on the weekends. Some of these turds also take great delight in ripping up the landscaped areas around the village and sometimes even people's front gardens

rosemi
Yeah i hope the land behind my place gets developed sooner rather than later. I'm paranoid that some little darling will climb down into my backyard from the back corner and wreak havoc in my place. Hopefully though the garden beds put them off.

The thing that really pisses me off the most are the turds who love to ride their noisy trail bikes up & down the streets & on the land behind our blocks early in the mornings on the weekends. Some of these turds also take great delight in ripping up the landscaped areas around the village and sometimes even people's front gardens

I've seen the dirt bikes running around the estate on a few visits, especially in that bush behind the blocks and seen some of the estate landscaping spread over the roads where they've decided to rip it up. It's a shame because the community in the village seems really nice but it also seems there's a few bad apples about. Makes me a bit nervous really if we've made the right choice but then again you get that element everywhere. Wandering to the shops in Inglewood I seem to harassed a lot more by people looking for money and we also had some squatters and junkies evicted near our rental which is supposed to be a "nice" area. The reason we are moving south is because we didn't have a spare $800k to buy a house around here
Went down to the house today to look at the damage. The back doors have been replaced but one of the flyscreens still has a hole in it where the rock went through. Also noticed a big scuff mark on one of the alfresco pavers probably from where a rock hit it. Will see what the builder does prior to handover with it. Also there's a few dings along the back fence from the rocks but will have to live with those. Couldn't see any damage to the roof tiles or gutters.

Also noticed the theatre door that needed to be replaced hasn't been hung yet and was leaning against the wall after being painted... hoping it hasn't been there too long and doesn't bow again. The cleaners still need to go through. Also noticed they had done the final coat on the front render but still managed to miss a spot on the top of the pier so I'll send the builder a message on Monday pointing it out and ask for an update on when we can expect keys.

All the other external painting and downpipes look to be complete.

Those mongrels need a good slapping!
Still twiddling our thumbs waiting for our handover date. I e-mailed our CLO but it turns out she's away again and just got an automatic reply saying she would be back in the office tomorrow.

Hopefully hear some good news tomorrow. Have next week booked off work and have a truck organized for this weekend.

On the plus side, I found out my company actually offer a day off for moving which doesn't come out of my holiday pay so only using up four days of annual leave next week. Wish I'd known this the other 4 times I'd moved since being with the company
SilentBoB
Still twiddling our thumbs waiting for our handover date. I e-mailed our CLO but it turns out she's away again and just got an automatic reply saying she would be back in the office tomorrow.

Hopefully hear some good news tomorrow. Have next week booked off work and have a truck organized for this weekend.

On the plus side, I found out my company actually offer a day off for moving which doesn't come out of my holiday pay so only using up four days of annual leave next week. Wish I'd known this the other 4 times I'd moved since being with the company

Oh no, that sucks about still not having a handover date especially when you have organised leave and a truck for this weekend! Is there anyone at the Smart Homes reception that could advise or your building supervisor? You'd think they would be ready to hand you the keys by now.

Fingers crossed you get a date tomorrow, if not today
jad33mily
Oh no, that sucks about still not having a handover date especially when you have organised leave and a truck for this weekend! Is there anyone at the Smart Homes reception that could advise or your building supervisor? You'd think they would be ready to hand you the keys by now.

Fingers crossed you get a date tomorrow, if not today

Thanks,

There is another CLO who handled our build when our CLO went on holiday during PCI but she told us then our current CLO would be the one who provides us with a handover date. I don't have the contact details on hand for our building supervisor.

I could ring the office but I imagine that I'll just be told to wait to hear from our current CLO.

I'll just chase it up first thing tomorrow. I'm sure we will still have keys this week.... hopefully... I can't see why handover can't happen, just a little annoyed we didn't get an update last Friday with what was happening instead of being left in the dark.
Just got some good news, our handover is booked for Friday

Walkthrough for sign off is booked for Friday morning and we should be able to pick up the keys from the office later that day.

The only odd thing was they said the window glass would be rectified Friday morning before the final walkthrough so I guess the glass we saw on the weekend was just a temporary fix. Also means what I thought may have been scratches but convinced myself was dirt on the inside was probably scratches

I had been hoping to get keys today or tomorrow so I could head down and seal the floor in the garage but that will have to wait until after the move I guess.

Also just realised that of the three companies I e-mailed for quotes on Friday night for the side gate, none of them actually replied to me so I'll have to chase that up.
Congrats Bob! I hope Friday goes to plan!

Imightbedave
Congrats Bob! I hope Friday goes to plan!

Cheers mate

Hi Silentbob,

I've been watching your thread the last few weeks. I'm so sorry you've encountered some horrible things. But.. so happy for you both to be receiving the keys this week. So exciting for you both!

Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

21/04/2024
smart or normal switches

Building A New House

Shelly switches require a paid subscription for full access to all features which is ridiulous given the lifespan of a home and if you were to sell it or buy a home with…

24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum