Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First timers - Smart Homes for Living in Wellard

Page 17 of 24
I didn't take many snaps yesterday but i did get a photo of the front of the house with the white door all painted.

We are thinking about putting a security screen on the front door but now i think it's a shame to hide the door behind one

I've also mixed in some pics i managed to snap the other week but forgot to upload

And only 6 months ago it was dirt
. Now that you can see the finished product, are you and the other half happy with end result? As for the front security door, we ummed and arrred and decided to go with it for the one and only reason so we can have the front door open on a daily basis (if we want to) and to get some fresh air circulating throughout house.
All looks great
D
Great stuff Bob! Tapatalk notifications don't seem to be working so I missed all this. Glad the inspection went well - nearly time to move in

First home builder - Brightwood Estate, Baldivis.
Celebration Homes. Follow my build here
Bordeaux4Guest
And only 6 months ago it was dirt
. Now that you can see the finished product, are you and the other half happy with end result? As for the front security door, we ummed and arrred and decided to go with it for the one and only reason so we can have the front door open on a daily basis (if we want to) and to get some fresh air circulating throughout house.

We are really happy with how it all turned out. Can't wait to move in and get the place set up. Been really happy with our builder so far too. Can't believe how quick it's all gone. We were expecting to move in September or October so it's all action stations at the moment.

I think you are right about the advantage of the security door and having a breeze come through. Might look at getting one priced up.
Imightbedave
Great stuff Bob! Tapatalk notifications don't seem to be working so I missed all this. Glad the inspection went well - nearly time to move in

Yeah I've given up on tapatalk at the moment and i am using the website to follow everyone's builds
SilentBoB
Imightbedave

Yeah I've given up on tapatalk at the moment and i am using the website to follow everyone's builds

Glad it's not just me, I was thinking I broke Tapatalk somehow!

Follow our build with Express Two Storey (Ventura Group): http://tinyurl.com/jlykgph
Spent a little bit of yesterday with the plan of looking at getting some materials priced up to put in the side gate and was hoping to find a letterbox and maybe some ideas for light fittings. Went to Home Base... the place doesn't seem as good as I remember it... Didn't find anything, went to Bunnings next door and they are in the middle of renovating so stuff was all over the place... Gave up and ended up in the black hole that is Ikea... On the plus side we may found a new bed and couch
Wow congrats Bob!! The house is looking fab
glad to hear your PCI went well.
Was just wondering who your building inspector was? We are considering getting one just for the peace of mind!

We've been to Bunnings to have a look at light fittings for the front elevation, pendants etc and we were quite impressed! Their postboxes aren't too shabby either. Fingers crossed your local finishes its renovations soon otherwise it might be worth to go to another one..
Natasha
Wow congrats Bob!! The house is looking fab
glad to hear your PCI went well.
Was just wondering who your building inspector was? We are considering getting one just for the peace of mind!

We've been to Bunnings to have a look at light fittings for the front elevation, pendants etc and we were quite impressed! Their postboxes aren't too shabby either. Fingers crossed your local finishes its renovations soon otherwise it might be worth to go to another one..

Thanks Natasha. We used Josh from Master Building Inspectors. His rates were very reasonable and he was very thorough so have no hesitation in recommending him. We got him to do all major stages (slab, plate height, roof cover and PCI). Our builder never questioned any of his reports and rectified any problems he found.

Our local Bunnings isn't undergoing renovations, just the one next to Home Base, thought we'd pop in while we had been visiting next door. Will probably head to our local Bunnings during the week or on the weekend.

On another note just confirmed with the builder the credit on our final invoice was from siteworks not used/adjusted which covers most of our costs from going slightly over at pre-start so that's helped free up some funds in the budget which will quickly get sucked back up into other items like NBN connections and landscaping
That's great news on getting the credit back, anything is better than nothing!

Follow our build with Express Two Storey (Ventura Group): http://tinyurl.com/jlykgph
Bunnings has some good options. Went there to look at house numbers XDD I have a mailbox already, but they did have some nice ones.
D I like their lighting options too.

Its fun, though daunting putting together the finishing pieces on the house.
Resisted the urge to go look at house again despite dropping in to see the folks 10 minutes away. Still waiting to hear when we can get keys but have started scheduling the move for the weekend after next and have booked the week after off work. Managed to organise a truck through a friend so not getting removalists now.

Spent this weekend pricing up a side gate but think I'll just call a fence company and ask them to knock a custom one up for me and I'll install it.

Also went round looking at furniture. Think we may have narrowed down some choices for the lounge in the media room but still undecided on the new bedroom suite.

Also spent ages looking at letterboxes and couldn't find one we really liked. Then the old man offered to help us knock up a custom letterbox made from old sleepers so we've decided to go with that instead. Will look something like this

Also told our landlord we won't be renewing our lease when it expires next month
Love that letterbox! How good does it feel to be finally moving.

Got confirmation yesterday the bank made the final payment and the accounts department confirmed today that the payment for our amount owing where we went over at pre-start has been settled... now twiddling our thumbs waiting to find out when we can have our keys.

Our CLO should be back from holidays but I haven't heard from her so fired off an e-mail this afternoon to find out how the items raised at PCI are tracking but yet to hear back.

SilentBoB
Got confirmation yesterday the bank made the final payment and the accounts department confirmed today that the payment for our amount owing where we went over at pre-start has been settled... now twiddling our thumbs waiting to find out when we can have our keys.

Our CLO should be back from holidays but I haven't heard from her so fired off an e-mail this afternoon to find out how the items raised at PCI are tracking but yet to hear back.

Hopefully you get them before the end of the week so you can get started with moving and sorting stuff out over the weekend. So exciting though, you guys must be itching to get your hands on those keys!

Yep can't wait. Got a van sorted for the 12th but would be nice to still have the keys and move some small stuff over

Exciting mate, so close

Been having a bit of a crap week and it's just been made worse.

Turns out last night some bastards decided to throw rocks at the house and smashed the rear sliding doors. The builder needs to get them fixed along with the flyscreens so probably not getting any keys this week...

Thankfully they did all the damage from a distance and haven't been in the house to cause any damage.

The builder is trying to book the window people to come round ASAP to fix the doors but doubt we will be seeing the keys tomorrow
Bloody hell, that's no good Bob
Little ****. Definitely a silver lining that nothing inside has been damaged - hopefully the glazing is a quick fix and doesn't delay you too long.

Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

21/04/2024
smart or normal switches

Building A New House

Shelly switches require a paid subscription for full access to all features which is ridiulous given the lifespan of a home and if you were to sell it or buy a home with…

24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum