Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home - Mango Hill, QLD

Page 2 of 2
Frames and roof are now all up.

Electrical, plumbing and gas rough in also completed. Unfortunately they have gone against all our discussions and put the gas hot water system on the wrong side of the house. We are extremely disappointed by this, especially given the amount of times we told them where we wanted it, and had marked it on plans a number of times. We are waiting to hear back from the builder as to what their solution is going to be.

Bricks have been delivered to site and should start tomorrow so it looks like the gas system will stay where it is. Windows are due to go in today.
Hard to believe we are only 4 weeks in to our contract given the delays we had at the start of the build. We are now 4 weeks in and the brickies have just started. Windows are in and cladding is on. At this point we are going to be painting the cladding in the same colour as the roof and plant out around it.

The builder offered no solution to the issue with the placement of the gas system and has effectively ignored us on this matter. We are less concerned about it now given it will be a fully concealed system, but still not thrilled it is where it is. Communication has been quite poor since we signed our contracts, which is becoming increasingly frustrating. It seems this is a common issue with most building companies though given they are all quite busy. Seems everyone is taking on too much and don't have the resources to cope.

Anyway a couple of photos

Those are my favourite colour bricks
look good and going so fast

M A R C O O L A 3 2 - Coral homes
Related
16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum