Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home- Coral Homes- Modified Grange 23

Page 4 of 18
BrownDog77
How's it all going your end?

Frustrating... We're supposed to settle on our land today but still don't have a contract from Coral so haven't even submitted paper work for our unconditional approval.

Didn't find out until 5 today that Stocklands has given us the extention on settlement we applied for 2 weeks ago.

Been a stressful day.

How did you get a contract before land registration?

Coral Homes - Modified Grange 23

My Thread: viewtopic.php?t=85959
Tracyt
BrownDog77

Frustrating... We're supposed to settle on our land today but still don't have a contract from Coral so haven't even submitted paper work for our unconditional approval.

Didn't find out until 5 today that Stocklands has given us the extention on settlement we applied for 2 weeks ago.

Been a stressful day.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that, it would be frustrating. Why can't you sign a contract? We were never told we couldn't while waiting for land. We did have a date that it needed to be registered by or we would have price increase but so far so good

BrownDog77
Tracyt
BrownDog77

Been a stressful day.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that, it would be frustrating. Why can't you sign a contract? We were never told we couldn't while waiting for land. We did have a date that it needed to be registered by or we would have price increase but so far so good

Ours was very clear, no fixed price until registration. Must be a NSW vs QLD thing.

Can't wait until all this is over and we can get our appointments started!

Tracyt
BrownDog77
Tracyt
[quote="BrownDog77"]How's it all going your end?

Been a stressful day.

Ours was very clear, no fixed price until registration. Must be a NSW vs QLD thing.

Can't wait until all this is over and we can get our appointments started!

My Thread: viewtopic.php?t=85959[/quote]
that's crazy how it differs so much. I hope things happen quickly for you so we can watch each other's Grange go up though yours will still be built in half the time of ours

Excited!! Only 2 variations required. ?

Tracyt
Excited!! Only 2 variations required.

Woohoo Congrats!
so exciting & scarey all at the same time

Congrats ! We have had our block scraped, and a slab will go down 28th March !!!
Congrats

kdoe9190
Congrats ! We have had our block scraped, and a slab will go down 28th March !!!

That's awesome Kdoe! What street are you on? Will be so exciting watching someone else's build as well as our own!

Reading through contract and estimated start date is 29/06/17. I hope not! That's more than 3 months away!

Days from start to PC is listed as 156 days.

If both are correct it will be a November finish. Fingers crossed in by Christmas.

Thanks! We are on Meredith Circuit, there is literally like 10 houses already built on our street - and one person even living in their house a few doors down!!

I did a quick drive-by on Friday and there were all the pipes sticking up out of our ground, so they are well on their way
Having a good look tomorrow with my boyfriend.

Our contract has our completion date as September 22 - but SS thinks close to July-August. I think they put it so far so that if we have any delays they don't have to pay the liquidated damages cost for being so late. But every builder does that apparently!
kdoe9190
Thanks! We are on Meredith Circuit, there is literally like 10 houses already built on our street - and one person even living in their house a few doors down!!

I did a quick drive-by on Friday and there were all the pipes sticking up out of our ground, so they are well on their way
Having a good look tomorrow with my boyfriend.

Our contract has our completion date as September 22 - but SS thinks close to July-August. I think they put it so far so that if we have any delays they don't have to pay the liquidated damages cost for being so late. But every builder does that apparently!

That's what we thought as well. It's so crazy to see so many houses with people moving in now. 6 months ago there was nothing there!

Tile selection booked for next Monday!!!! Can't wait, but also a little nervous, such big decisions!

Woohoo that's exciting! You will be right! Though I am second guessing ours lol (I think that's norm) can't wait to see your choices

Yay, the fun begins
Good luck!

Following your thread eagerly!!! We are considering building a modified grange 25. Our land doesn't register till June.
Cape
Following your thread eagerly!!! We are considering building a modified grange 25. Our land doesn't register till June.

Welcome Cape! Where are you building and what mods are you thinking?

You may also like to follow Brown Dog if you aren't already, they are building the Gange 26 ?

Thanks for the link to Brown Dogs thread, will find and start following. We are building in Brisbane. looking to flip the living and master bedroom so that the living room is at the front of the house, increase the size of the bedrooms and possibly the dining room. Also wanting to add a basin to the guest toilet to make it more of a powder room and increase the size of the garage to create more storage. Look forward to hearing how tile selection goes.
Great to see another Coral homes Grange build on a similar timeline in SE Qld. I'm due to sign contract this weekend on a modified Grange 20 in Moreton Bay regional council!
Cape
Thanks for the link to Brown Dogs thread, will find and start following. We are building in Brisbane. looking to flip the living and master bedroom so that the living room is at the front of the house, increase the size of the bedrooms and possibly the dining room. Also wanting to add a basin to the guest toilet to make it more of a powder room and increase the size of the garage to create more storage. Look forward to hearing how tile selection goes.

Hi Cape welcome so exciting seeing all these Granges popping up! We "might" start before all you guys but you guys will def be in before us down here
have you started a thread?

Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum