Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home- Coral Homes- Modified Grange 23

Page 3 of 18

So excited our soil test has come back as an M!

Coral Homes - Modified Grange 23

My Thread: viewtopic.php?t=85959
Tracyt

Yaay that's great news! Were you expecting something worse? Ours is suppose to be m too, hoping that's the case at our soil test too

BrownDog77
Tracyt

Yaay that's great news! Were you expecting something worse? Ours is suppose to be m too, hoping that's the case at our soil test too

Yeah the street in front of us was H. We had coral put H in our estimate just in case. This means our Tender will be lower than expected.

Tracyt
BrownDog77
Tracyt

Yeah the street in front of us was H. We had coral put H in our estimate just in case. This means our Tender will be lower than expected.

Yaay that's fantastic! So nice when things work out better than you expect & cheaper

Went out to check out the new road into our brand new suburb and discovered the fences were gone!! We finally got to touch our land! Thought I was going to cry, ended up giggling instead.

Yaay can't wait for our fences to come down too! So excited for you

We are building in Aura too, our land was registered in November though! Still havent started yet (finance issues delayed), hope to have the slab down in the next month!

The whole area looks so good !!

Good luck !
kdoe9190
We are building in Aura too, our land was registered in November though! Still havent started yet (finance issues delayed), hope to have the slab down in the next month!

Good luck !

Awesome!!! So glad to find someone whose building too! I keep checking online but no news of registration yet.

Who are you building with? They all seem to be going up so fast once started so I hope that continues.

2 pieces of news! 1 awesome, 1 not so awesome.

Awesome News: Just got notification..... Our Land is Registered ?????

Not so awesome news: Tender letter came in and it's almost $8K more than the estimate. How does that happen when the soil test was M and flat and we planned for H and extra site works? I could handle it not going down, but up????

2 weeks until land settlement is looking a bit stressful when we can't split the loan. But I still can't help but be super excited! ??

Tracyt

Awesome News: Just got notification..... Our Land is Registered

Not so awesome news: Tender letter came in and it's almost $8K more than the estimate. How does that happen when the soil test was M and flat and we planned for H and extra site works? I could handle it not going down, but up????

2 weeks until land settlement is looking a bit stressful when we can't split the loan. But I still can't help but be super excited!

Woohoo we will be on the same time frame by the looks of it! (Except your in QLD so will be finished in 1:2 the time) I'm super excited for you too! I wanted to go have a celebratory drink on our block tonight but think perhaps we should wait until we've paid for it
. Not good about tender can you see in there where the xtra $ is coming from? Perhaps they've made an error? Highly likely but woohoo again for land!!!

BrownDog77
Tracyt

2 weeks until land settlement is looking a bit stressful when we can't split the loan. But I still can't help but be super excited!

Woohoo we will be on the same time frame by the looks of it! (Except your in QLD so will be finished in 1:2 the time) I'm super excited for you too! I wanted to go have a celebratory drink on our block tonight but think perhaps we should wait until we've paid for it
. Not good about tender can you see in there where the xtra $ is coming from? Perhaps they've made an error? Highly likely but woohoo again for land!!!

No we are having trouble finding where some of the extra came from because it's all grouped differently to how it was on the estimate. Other things were easy to identify. Our consultant is breaking it down for us as she is struggling to work it out too.

Other things where just wrong. Eg. We want a robe in our hallway entrance and they put a linen cupboard. The estimate clearly said robe, and the floor plan is correct so I just don't get how it happens lol.

Our floor plan!

Tracyt
BrownDog77
Tracyt

No we are having trouble finding where some of the extra came from because it's all grouped differently to how it was on the estimate. Other things were easy to identify. Our consultant is breaking it down for us as she is struggling to work it out too.

Other things where just wrong. Eg. We want a robe in our hallway entrance and they put a linen cupboard. The estimate clearly said robe, and the floor plan is correct so I just don't get how it happens lol.

Oh that's crap.
sounds like you have a great SC though who's helping I think that makes a huge difference. I've read from others that HO makes a few errors so attention to detail doesn't seem one of their strong points. We had a retaining wall deleted and told although it was requested by owner C couldn't do but our SC has assured us the person that said that is wrong. Must be frustrating for SCs too as they are the ones dealing with clients and the errors
fingers crossed it gets sorted soon for you
we have our tile Appt in 2wks

BrownDog77
Tracyt
BrownDog77
[quote="Tracyt"]2 pieces of news! 1 awesome, 1 not so awesome.

Oh that's crap.
sounds like you have a great SC though who's helping I think that makes a huge difference. I've read from others that HO makes a few errors so attention to detail doesn't seem one of their strong points. We had a retaining wall deleted and told although it was requested by owner C couldn't do but our SC has assured us the person that said that is wrong. Must be frustrating for SCs too as they are the ones dealing with clients and the errors
fingers crossed it gets sorted soon for you
we have our tile Appt in 2wks

[/quote]
That's awesome. I can't wait to book that first appointment! I think we will go for a picnic on settlement day as well, don't want to jinx it. But might head out for dinner to celebrate today.

It is exciting!!! You will be soon I'm sure. I'm waiting for hubby & hoping he will suggest takeaway too

Tracyt
kdoe9190

Good luck !

Awesome!!! So glad to find someone whose building too! I keep checking online but no news of registration yet.

Who are you building with? They all seem to be going up so fast once started so I hope that continues.

We are building with McDonald Jones Homes. The Linden design
This is our first home and honestly had no idea of how the process worked before we started !

But we finally got all our finance approved yesterday and within 45mins they had us on the construction list !!!

I visited our land 2 weeks ago and there are already 4 houses in our street that look close to completely done!
Tracyt

Awesome News: Just got notification..... Our Land is Registered ?????

2 weeks until land settlement is looking a bit stressful when we can't split the loan. But I still can't help but be super excited! ??

Things are looking up! There seems to be a hidden number in the background of the tender letter because if you add it up manually it is $13k less then their total price! Obviously an error in the excel spreadsheet that wasn't discovered before it was saved as a PDF.

Big sigh of relief 😊 Now we just need to get it fixed so we can order the contract for the loan.

kdoe9190
Tracyt
kdoe9190

Good luck !

We are building with McDonald Jones Homes. The Linden design
This is our first home and honestly had no idea of how the process worked before we started !

But we finally got all our finance approved yesterday and within 45mins they had us on the construction list !!!

I visited our land 2 weeks ago and there are already 4 houses in our street that look close to completely done!

Same Kdoe, we're learning as we go. We go for a drive out every couple of weeks. It is crazy how quickly they are going up!
Just hope it keeps going that fast when it comes to our turn.

Tracyt
Tracyt

Things are looking up! There seems to be a hidden number in the background of the tender letter because if you add it up manually it is $13k less then their total price! Obviously an error in the excel spreadsheet that wasn't discovered before it was saved as a PDF.

Big sigh of relief 😊 Now we just need to get it fixed so we can order the contract for the loan.

Yaay that's fantastic news! Hopefully it will be corrected quickly

How's it all going your end?

Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum