Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Homes by CMA - Ascot 260

Page 12 of 15
Happy PCI day!!
maddielouxx
SO SO SO exciting! It is looking amazing.
Just wondering lovely, where did you purchase your letterbox? I am finding it hard to find nice ones. I have to have mine matching the colours of my house due to the covenants and Bunnings doesn't have much of a selection. Also, has anyone on here purchased any security cameras and/or fake ones and could recommend any to me? I am starting to get anxiety about my safety and my house due to finding out the house opposite mine was actually burnt down (arson) by people 3 days before handover and they haven't been found. Quite scary!

Woo! We actually drove past that place that was burnt down. Now there are lots more people moved in, I don't think it will happen near you. We got Ring Doorbell pro that has a camera and ring floodlights that have camera and you can activate a remote alarm. Kinda expensive but I'm sure they will be worth it. My husband tells me I can't talk to the dog through the speakers when I'm not there cause it will do his head in. Lol.

We got our letterbox online from http://www.guanavations.com.au/

Or try the letterbox shop.

What are your estate rules?

Hopefully today goes well. Watch this space

Building our forever home!
I looked into ring security floodlights but the $4 a month per camera for cloud storage is an additional cost that should really be free.

I'm looking into a 4MP HIKVISION kit for our house.

Eeeeeek todays the day!!!! 🤗🤗🤗
50 minutes!! I sure hope it goes well

The report from my Husband has been delivered. PCI went well. There are a few things that need to be fixed from our report. We will get the private inspectors report on Monday with their findings as well. Nothing too major.

The list is as follows:
- usual paint touch ups on our pock marked house
- a length of guttering has a dent in it from a tradies who pushed off it when accessing the scaffolding next door
- the tiles overhang on the back patio and were picked up on a previous inspection. The ******* patch job is not sufficient and some has fallen away and the tile capping is broken. This needs to be fixed up the whole length of the back patio with proper material not basic grout.
- one door of the media room cavity slider is bowed (thanks FiL for picking that one up)
- cavity slider handle to pantry is missing
- tile under island bench needs to be fixed as it sits up on one corner
- front door hardware to be fitted
- one of the glass sliding doors has a scratch almost the whole length. We requested this to be replaced
- new fence pailing to match the other ones
- whatever KSpec has on their report

We have been told that we should get keys within the next 2 weeks. Which is good because that's what I had on my timeline. SS said it could be before but he can't see it taking any longer than this.

NBN on the other hand will take another month after keys until the first available appointment....

Awesome!!!
That list isnt too bad at all
You will be in your house before you know it!
Yayy!! Glad to hear PCI went well.

And woohoo on the keys, 2 weeks will flyby.

NBN is such a pain ;-;
We got our report back from the private inspector. Needless to say, the tiling and painting were the main focus! Hopefully they have all this sorted by next Friday. The tile under the island bench still seems to be the biggest job

They were very thorough and it was absolutely money well spent. I will be asking them to comeback prior to handover to make sure the list has been fixed.

That's awesome list, they seem very thorough and definitely $$ well spent. I think I will show this to Z and he can do them up a nice table.. for easy reference
Hopefully they work through it and not just pay it off as being 'ok and acceptable level'.
That list is fantastic, I like how they have set it out.
I have the painters doing my millions of fix ups tomorrow, so I am hoping he is 100% booked in, as it seems painters are the delay with CMA (note to self, encourage more people to be painters).

I really like the organisation of that list, clear and concise.

My inspection still has not been moved forward.. still waiting to hear but it should still be next Tuesday - really has been the slowest few weeks of my life. CMA will be paying me penalty rates I do believe. I have actually gone through the contract with a fine toothed comb and it says SO much we could have used in regards to them not giving us times and dates. Never mind, but heads up for anyone building with CMA for next time.
I sure hope I am mistaken but it seems that in 4 days, they have managed to fit our front door handle....

We have received our first (and hopefully last) delivery of clean fill. Need to find a bobcat to level and compact it.

Our bin request was submitted on Monday (which was a holiday) and I got a reply on Tuesday saying it's been sent to the contractor. I went around there today and there they were waiting on the driveway. I requested for delivery Monday so it was a nice surprise to see them. I hope no one steals them before we move in.

I also purchased some stickers for them off eBay. $6.50 for 2. Bargain! Lol.

G went out yesterday to find more piles of rocks (clean fill my ***!) and said the SS was on site. He didn't stay and chat case he didn't seem in a real chatty mood. They might make this deadline if the painter and tiler come to the party. Fingers crossed.

The final invoice has been sent to the broker for final payment. I hope the valuation and processing doesn't hold things up.

I'm ready to tick "build new home" off the list now...

You are so close!!!! 🤗
That's great! My inspection is tomorrow.
I can already see lots that needs to be done.
And I also don't have clean fill... lots of paint slush, rocks and rubbish.

You're almost there!
maddielouxx
That's great! My inspection is tomorrow.
I can already see lots that needs to be done.
And I also don't have clean fill... lots of paint slush, rocks and rubbish.

You're almost there!

Oh yay!! The day has finally arrived for you. Word of warning, when it says fix little green stickers around the place in the report, be very specific on the location in writing. We watched some guy just today clean the back roller door and wipe off the green tape that we only just replaced on the dented roller door that hasn't been fixed.

There will still be stuff that was supposed to be fixed that won't be fixed at handover. We will have the private inspector through to double check or report back that it's not been done.

We advertised on gumtree for clean fill. You just need to be very clear that you don't want cement or rocks. We have lots of rocks but we need lots of fill behind the retaining so we can get away with it.

In a few weeks our journey will be complete!! It's been a long journey. But it sure has been an adventure

Thanks lovely!
Inspection went well, they didn't give me any forms to fill in or tick off? I just made my own. Apparently that was admins fault for not sending them through to me. I then watched him go round with the tape. My SS was very lovely as usual and held his own against my pickiness and my huge list. My MAIN worry is that there are 3 HUGE stains on my media room carpet and he pretended like they hadn't seen them, even though they are so so obvious. So I have stated very clearly, this carpet MUST be replaced. I am worried that they won't replace it before handover and I will be in battle with them to fix it when I am in.

How is it going on your end?
maddielouxx
Thanks lovely!
Inspection went well, they didn't give me any forms to fill in or tick off? I just made my own. Apparently that was admins fault for not sending them through to me. I then watched him go round with the tape. My SS was very lovely as usual and held his own against my pickiness and my huge list. My MAIN worry is that there are 3 HUGE stains on my media room carpet and he pretended like they hadn't seen them, even though they are so so obvious. So I have stated very clearly, this carpet MUST be replaced. I am worried that they won't replace it before handover and I will be in battle with them to fix it when I am in.

How is it going on your end?

Patiently waiting...

Awaiting confirmation from the broker that the valuation has been booked. That should give us some kind of indication on when the funds get transferred. Then we can get a definitive date from CMA for handover. I don't want to start pushing them for a date until I have all my ducks in a row. Then we need to arrange for pre-handover inspection with the private inspector to make sure they have fixed everything on our report.

I don't want to delay it if we can avoid it but we aren't paying rent and don't have a deadline to be out so we can delay as much as required if they haven't done everything.

I hope he wrote that carpet on your list otherwise you accept it how it is in their eyes.

House valuation is being done today. Fingers crossed.

We will be spending Sunday shoveling rocks out of our newly leveled yard in preparation for eventual top soil delivery

Look at all that space!!!!😍 im sure your valuation will be all good 😉
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum