Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Homes by CMA - Ascot 260

Page 11 of 15
Wooohooo!! I have my handover at the same time XD
How exciting!!! Hope you will post pics. Would love to see it all sparkling and new!
This made me very happy to see today! Retaining and fencing started!

This one is out by 800mm though. I will have to bring this to their attention. The yellow paint is the boundary marker. They found all the rest no worries, this one wasn't hidden so I don't know why they missed the mark here.

We also get a free upgrade from the smooth concrete sleepers to textured because the supplier has run out! Winning!

Building our forever home!
Woo! You lucky thing!
Mine is just sitting there for the next 3 weeks.. yay (sarcasm). I really think the CMA team don't like me. My house only requires paint touch ups and fix-ups and yet my PCI isn't for another 3 weeks, it is an absolute joke.

I am hoping when I go to meet my SS on Monday they have got their act in gear and booked things back to back instead of one job per week, which has seemed to be the norm this whole time.

I am interested to see what they say when I point out the awful skirting board issues.

Take lots of pictures for us
maddielouxx
Woo! You lucky thing!
Mine is just sitting there for the next 3 weeks.. yay (sarcasm). I really think the CMA team don't like me. My house only requires paint touch ups and fix-ups and yet my PCI isn't for another 3 weeks, it is an absolute joke.

I am hoping when I go to meet my SS on Monday they have got their act in gear and booked things back to back instead of one job per week, which has seemed to be the norm this whole time.

I am interested to see what they say when I point out the awful skirting board issues.

Take lots of pictures for us

Yes, that was our place for the last 2 weeks. I have to say, our SS has been pretty organize with doing the back to back bookings. Just seems to be a delay with painter. Must be backlogged. Our PCI will happen week 16 of 18 from slab pour date. So we are still within the required timeframe. Hopefully there won't be too much to fix and they can do it within 2 weeks. Your 3 weeks with come around super quick! And then you will have school holidays to really settle in!

Hopefully I can get out the hour early on Friday to be there, otherwise there will be no photos. Fingers crossed!! We bought some house numbers for our rendered pillars today and checked out irrigation piping for when we do our landscaping. Also finalized the turf supplier and put it out there to ask for some clean fill! It's all coming together!!

So the facilitator gave me the hour early on Friday. Then the private inspector wasn't available at 3. They were available at 1.30 though. So now G needs to leave work early and I won't be able to make it
Its like one step forward, 3 steps back. We need SOOOO much fill now we can see the size of the retaining. But it's the price we have to pay for privacy!

The landscapers will put in our letterbox but they aren't comfortable putting the clothesline up in the garage in case they do any damage. If they don't cut our fence down, I'd be more than happy to put it on the fence, pointless if the fence is 1.5m high though.... and I don't want it on the outside garage wall because that's open to the street and right in the way of our side gate and walkway! I don't need my knickers on display to everyone coming past!

We have put our deposit down for our front fence.

The painter has been back today - the still don't have the pillars correct. Either through miscommunication from the builder or confusion from the painter. All pillars are supposed to be our feature colour. Yet they have missed the side "feature element" pillars and the front one that returns to the front door.

This is our retaining and back pillars:

So if anyone is digging a pool in Narangba or surrounds, we would be more than happy to take your dirt!!

Looks like a few steps foward.. and a few steps back. Feeling very much the same at the moment.

I can see what you mean by needing lots more fill!! Hopefully it all works out.
Yep, i wouldnt want my knickers out for Narangba to see either!
Feel for you and your troubles at the moment. Hang in there, its all worth it

Look on gumtree for some free landfill! Lots of people put their pool dirt on there.
Oh YAY look at all of your retaining? WOOT!!!! Coming along great guns

Very exciting! It is looking fantastic.

I had CMA admit to me yesterday that my house should have been done by now and should have been done quicker and that they feel they have let me down and feel disappointed. I feel so much better that they have admitted that and I am not crazy haha. But it is a shame - kudos to them (the SS) admitting their mistakes.

Still a long wait until my inspection, but hopefully as it is sitting there, it won't get damaged etc and somebody is checking on it for the next 3 weeks.

Your house is looking incredibly, I hope you are excited! Almost there.
maddielouxx

I had CMA admit to me yesterday that my house should have been done by now and should have been done quicker and that they feel they have let me down and feel disappointed. I feel so much better that they have admitted that and I am not crazy haha. But it is a shame - kudos to them (the SS) admitting their mistakes.

Still a long wait until my inspection, but hopefully as it is sitting there, it won't get damaged etc and somebody is checking on it for the next 3 weeks.

So what has the hold up been? Did they offer an explanation? And what about your skirtings? G noticed the one in the garage was warped when he dropped our letterbox off to the landscapers yesterday. Hopefully that's the only one.

I'm so ridiculously stressed and tired and so is G. We are excited about Friday but hope we aren't disappointed. I'm going to check out the progress tomorrow and peer through the windows. It's the closest I'm going to get to seeing the house prior to getting the keys!

It's all happening though. We are nearly at the end!

The retaining is looking really good! House too 👌👌👌
Yayyyyyy!!! The fence is going to look so good. You will probably appreciate all the space you have once the fence is all up and you're standing on your alfresco
All the best for Friday, hopefully keys the following Friday. Love the colour of the posts too

Side yard:

Back yard:

Letterbox - unfortunately it's in the wrong spot and messing up the gardening plans

Privacy

1sttimer_stoneridge
maddielouxx

So what has the hold up been? Did they offer an explanation? And what about your skirtings? G noticed the one in the garage was warped when he dropped our letterbox off to the landscapers yesterday. Hopefully that's the only one.

I'm so ridiculously stressed and tired and so is G. We are excited about Friday but hope we aren't disappointed. I'm going to check out the progress tomorrow and peer through the windows. It's the closest I'm going to get to seeing the house prior to getting the keys!

It's all happening though. We are nearly at the end!

No explanation but kind of an apology, at least from the SS. He basically in so many words said it was because of the other CMA home being built two lotts down, they put all of their focus on that house (even though it was started after mine) and not much on mine. No explanation as to why I have to wait 3 weeks until my inspection. My house is simply sitting there... nobody is going to it, I am pretty sure the neighbourhood think I have moved in and just don't have a garden haha. It is open to the elements. What I can tell is they need to work with new painters because it is the fix-up painting that's holding it up but only until next week.. the other two weeks wait, I don't get? No explanation about the skirting boards, even saw another one on the driveway today, so it seems another has been ripped off. I think they forgot I was getting laminate basically and had to take it off for that. It all looks warped and terrible but I am kind of over it.

I honestly think CMA will be into paying me penalty rates as I do believe they are going to go over schedule do to their utter disorganisation.

I also have stains all over my carpets, big stains (looks like number 2s) on the carpet, so if they don't come out then that will be more time to order and replace that.

Over it lovely! - I really hope that it goes well for you on Friday and you aren't disappointed. I have learnt to expect the least with CMA and hopefully be surprised haha. Good luck, please let me know how it goes. YOU ARE SO CLOSE TO THE END - WOOOOOO!
Corner block "feature element" as per covenant requirements (Pillars on either side of the splashback window). This will eventually be complemented with some grass and a raised garden bed for our veges.

Front patio feature wall and pillars corrected. Grass and gardens will eventually appear out here

Awaiting installation of one Ring Doorbell Pro

Hopefully the door hardware appears tomorrow. Still love my front foot but would really love an extra coast of staining on it...

House is looking great
DD
SO SO SO exciting! It is looking amazing.
Just wondering lovely, where did you purchase your letterbox? I am finding it hard to find nice ones. I have to have mine matching the colours of my house due to the covenants and Bunnings doesn't have much of a selection. Also, has anyone on here purchased any security cameras and/or fake ones and could recommend any to me? I am starting to get anxiety about my safety and my house due to finding out the house opposite mine was actually burnt down (arson) by people 3 days before handover and they haven't been found. Quite scary!
HAPPY PCI DAY !!!!!!! Love the feature pillar colour and letter box is awesome. Fingers crossed you get a handover date.
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum