Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building in Plenty Gorge Views estate, South Morang

Page 3 of 13
Also just to introduce myself. My husband and I are lot 101. We're also building a double story with Metricon
Hi everyone totally stumbled across this while googling our estate, lovely to meet all our neighbours, my fiance and I are lot 120 and are also building a double storey house with metricon, already to go signed our finl contract back in jan. Hoping for a october title and a jan start. lovely to meet you all. Tori
Hi,

Just thought I'd add some more photos.
We went out last Wednesday to have a look at things. Looks like the end is near!

Did anybody got valuation access for finance purpose?
deepdive
Did anybody got valuation access for finance purpose?

I’ve been told that will happen in the next few weeks. As it’s an active construction zone they cannot allow anyone access due to work safe issues. We’ve just got to keep our fingers crossed it stops raining so the can finish the roads
Hi Neighbours,

For those interested a few photos from today. We were able to walk around and have a good look.

The last update we received was:

Following completion of the construction works, the following occurs sequentially:

1) Council to provide Statement of Compliance – this usually takes about 2 weeks
2) Land titles Office to issue titles – currently taking just under 2 weeks
3) You receive formal notification of settlement date – 14 days prior to settlement

And our bank was told valuations are being done on October 2nd with a rough date for settlement of November 18th!
Yes!!! I finally feel like we can see the light at the end of a long tunnel. Hopefully with the good weather this week it makes some progress. I think I’d be totally heart broken if it got pushed back any further.
Does anyone know if any of the big builders (Metricon, porter Davis etc) would actually start the build that close to Christmas?
We're building with Henley, and I will be pushing them to start as soon as titles are issued and permits are through. I don't think being close to Christmas is really a good enough reason to delay. Considering they are charging us for every month that construction hasn't started. Not sure about the other builders either. We will be getting soil testing done asap too, before titles are issued.
Hopefully they can start earlier. We’re building with Metricon and are being charged every month too, but I do know as soon as we give the go ahead and delay cause by Metricon will not incur charges.
We’ve just gotta keep telling ourselves it’ll all be worthy it in the end.

I’m also hoping in stage 2 or 3 they have allowed for a park or playground, does anyone know if they have done so?
Hey emmajane24 can I just ask was this update regarding title from moremac? I’m just a little annoyed that these updates are coming in dribs and drabs and I was not told anything about valuations, also most of the updates I have had have been replies to me trying to get answers
Hi everyone,

Good to see all the neighbours here,

Just took few pictures today.

Cheers

Alysha
Hey emmajane24 can I just ask was this update regarding title from moremac? I’m just a little annoyed that these updates are coming in dribs and drabs and I was not told anything about valuations, also most of the updates I have had have been replies to me trying to get answers

Hey alysha,

I had to ask for updates as well. I've been a little pushy with asking for updates and pointing out that it's ridiculous that we remain uninformed with progress. So what I posted was the email reply I received asking moremac for dates for settlement and availability for bank valuations and soil testing. Apparently our bank valuations were done today.

As for a park, I did ask about that when we were looking at buying the land and was told there was no plans for a park. There is a nice park not too far away though. Every time we drive past my 2 year old gets very excited for the swings! Haha.
Hi guys so I heard from my bank yesterday that our lot did get valuation just waiting on results. I have spoken to our Metricon guy and he has informed as that the chances of starting before Christmas is very slim, 4 weeks to get title then 6-8 weeks to get permits bring us right to Christmas so hoping for a January start. I didn't get the update about what happens next with council and titling though? Does anybody actually know when the land will b accessible? Cheers Tori
Does anybody know why we still don't have asphalt? I though the asphalt was ment to b done last week? Has anybody heard when handover is supposed to be?
Cheers Tori
Hi, from the looks of it that is the top soil on the road. That is the last layer that needs to be compacted before asphalt can be poured. I think they were just waiting on a couple of fine days to make sure they could lay it all perfectly.
I have however just sent Moremac an emailing saying we all deserve an update on completion.
Hi everyone,

Just received this update from David at moremac-

They are not quite finished - they were a day or two late putting the final
layer of crushed rock onto the road last week, and then it was only a 4 day
week (with Friday being a public holiday and also this Monday gone was an
industry RDO), as such the asphalt did not get done. I am awaiting an update
/ conformation date for the asphalt - will let you know when I do.
Has anybody received an update?
Cheers Tori
Hey guys,

Just got an update sent through. The contractors have told moremac they won’t be doing any asphalt works until next week. So this will push us back yet again.
Have been told they will give a detailed explanation of why hopefully later today.
Wow this is becoming a sick sick joke.... so settlement looks like earlie December... best case scenario start building in feb/March?
Yup! I spoke to my Metricon contact yesterday who told me if settlement was 18th November our build would not start till late January so that’s obviously getting pushed further back now. I’m hoping they have a damn good explanation as to why nothing will be happening his week, why nothing happened last week and how they are going to make sure something gets done next week
Related
15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum