Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Boundary pegs removed

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone.
We are due to start construction next week and since last weekend our boundary pegs on one side have been removed?
What would you do in this situation?
1. Call builder and notify them?
2. Play dumb and just pretend we haven't noticed anything?
Or 3. Put them back in and pretend nothing happened?

My partner thinks they were there on the ground but we near it (so could probably find the hole eventually) they were most likely ran over

Anyone had this happen to them? Will be very p%$$e@ off if we have to pay for another survey!!!!

Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84756&p=1635132#p1635132
I thought mine were gone, told the builder, he said not to worry. They started building and wasn't an issue. Turned out only the top pegs were removed, but the actual boundary pegs (which were buried) were still there.
aloenyx
I thought mine were gone, told the builder, he said not to worry. They started building and wasn't an issue. Turned out only the top pegs were removed, but the actual boundary pegs (which were buried) were still there.

Oohh good thought!
Didn't even know there are buried ones!! Thanks!!

There is some more information about Boundary Pegs at this link

http://anewhouse.com.au/2012/01/block-boundary-pegs/
bashworth
There is some more information about Boundary Pegs at this link

http://anewhouse.com.au/2012/01/block-boundary-pegs/

Perfect! That's heaps!!'

Don't try to replace them.
If they measure off them and find out you have moved them you will likely be liable.
It is also an offense and you can be fined for destroying some types of survey marks.

Do you know how they were removed? Whoever did it should be paying if they are required to be reinstated.

scottbradly86
Don't try to replace them.
If they measure off them and find out you have moved them you will likely be liable.
It is also an offense and you can be fined for destroying some types of survey marks.

Do you know how they were removed? Whoever did it should be paying if they are required to be reinstated.

Went up yesterday and turns out it's only the wooden peg that says it our lot # that is down but the timber underneath the ground is still there but slightly sideways so you can 100% tell it's been ran over.
No idea who it was but the block next to us is nearing completion so I have my bets it was their trades which is so annoying.
Guess we will find out this week how much of an issue it is

Ah right.
Depending on how much of a lean it is on its possible it is how it was put in.
Also possible the surveyors can peg the house by coming of the 3 (?) remaining boundary marks.
(If Survey is pegging your house, if the builders are just measuring in you might be screwed).
Good luck!

Related
19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

19/08/2023
Easement and building garage to boundary

Renovation + Home Improvement

You should be able to encase the sewer but you will need it designed and approved and access to lot 580 to do the work

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum