Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Lexington 240

Page 1 of 7
Howdy.

We are building the Lexington 240 with JG King in Wodonga.

Lets start with some pictures.

Where the magic will happen

Builders generic rendering of our facade

Brochure floor plan

Actual floor plan for building

Electrical plan (the best part of building)

Kitchen layout

With that out of the way, we are building the Lexington 240 with lumeah facade. We made the following changes to standard plans:

- sliding door to study
- double sliding door to family (which will be theatre)
- 450mm eaves all around
- overhead cabinets to laundry
- double front door
- double rear sliding door with fly

We then made the following "minor" additions which i can assure you were simple stress free and easily organised with nobody loosing their mind in the process:

- 42 warm white LED Downlights, plus removing all 31 standard "builder" lights
- Tower of 4 shelves and 3 drawers to kids bedrooms
- Evap Cooling system with outlets to all rooms (we had to add an extra outlet)
- 4 LED Downlights Chrome for alfresco
- Gas Bayonet for alfresco
- Upgrade to cat 2 Bricks (Macedon by Selkirk)
- Extra shelf to butlers
- Extra shelf to master dresser
- Double hung dressing (approx 2m worth so only 1/3 total hanging) in master dresser
- 4 shelf tower to guest room WIR
- Horizontal Grain for laminex to kitchen and butlers
- Smeg Microwave With Trim
- No handles in kitchen
- Westinghouse Rangehood
- Heatlamps to ensuite and main bath
- Extra Towel Rail to ensuite and main bath (at 850mm above normal rail)
- Frameless shower screen to ensuite (10mm glass)
- Updated shower (rain head and wand) to ensuite and main bathroom
- Towel Rings to ensuite and main bathroom
- Shower Shelf to ensuite and main bathroom
- Extra ducted gas outlet to ensuite and main bathroom
- NBN fibre Package
- Extra data outlet to study (so study and both loungerooms have cat6 to garage)
- Hard wired Door Bell
- Oyster lights in robes to kids rooms and guest room
- 4 up/down chrome lights to front of house with sensor (also wired to porch downright)
- 2 Strip lights to garage
- Powerpoints (2) to island bench
- Dimmers (5) for various light sets (see electrical plan)
- Powerpoint to Hallway and Broom for vacuuming
- rear spot lights (byo jobbies that are LED spots with sensor)
- Fan without light to master
- Fan with light to kids rooms and guest room
- 3-way switches
- USB powerpoint to kitchen for charging phones (see electrical plan)
- Tiling Bathroom to ceiling
- Tiling Ensuite to ceiling
- Polyfoor planks to main areas of house
- Starfire Splash-back to kitchen and butlers
- Plain Driveway

Why did we pick this house?
- We liked the plan overall
- Has a study plus 4 beds
- Liked the butlers
- Liked the dresser being off the ensuite not master bedroom
- Big ensuite
- Laundry has lots of light
- Liked the idea of steel frame having had termites before and knowing others who had them too

Any questions ask away.

Cheers

Nico
Some progress. We started in early November and got to frame being delivered around the 23rd Nov.

Slab formwork and waffles are ready

Concrete gets poured

Slab formwork removed

Frame arrives
Followinng. Hope you build goes well
surtees
Followinng. Hope you build goes well

Thanks I have read your build in detail and am sorry to hear about the issues with the bricks. Hopefully it all gets sorted and is one day long forgotten.

Thank you, yes hopefully come this time next year its just a memory.
OK some more updates. Frame is now halfway up. No truss's etc but most of the walls are there and the pieces yet to be assembled seem to be in some kind of order to the framer.

Photo credits TechAU!

Garage side

Front of house - study is protruding

Master bedroom
Looks like a lovely spot! I look forward to following your build
Subscribed.

We are building the Hartwell with the Allora facade.

Here's hoping that your build is a smooth one

We visited the new Lexington display in Geelong yesterday. It felt amazing and huge! The kitchen island was incredible!

Thats great to hear bank. Didn't happen to take any pictures?

We have been asking them for some pics but havn't got any yet.
Now for something a bit differnet. Drone flyover and frame walkaround curtesy of TechAU.

The external dimensions are all standard (we didn't move external walls) so this may give others a idea of sizing and space etc. First post has as floor plan with dimensions.

As I was typing I knew you were going to ask that
. I stupidly didn't think of it! I was so excited to finally see the walk in robes in the kids rooms (same as ours). My husband might have some on his phone. I'll check tonight. I'd be happy to go back and take some next weekend if they don't send any by then. I can't get enough of display homes.
Nico
Now for something a bit differnet. Drone flyover and frame walkaround curtesy of TechAU.

The external dimensions are all standard (we didn't move external walls) so this may give others a idea of sizing and space etc. First post has as floor plan with dimensions.

That is cool as! I'm trying to convince my husband that he needs a drone for Christmas for the build. I'm surprised I have to even try, he is massively into flying. We've just been in saving mode for so long he hasn't done any research and doesn't know what one he would want. I know nothing about them so I don't think I could attempt a surprise one.
This one was filmed with the DJI Phantom 4.. until the recent release of the Phantom 4 Pro it was pretty much the top end of the consumer drones. The visuals that come out of it are pretty stunning, but that does come with a cost. Lots of options for drones, but a must have is a controller and good video quality. Flight modes like waypoints are a plus.
Thanks! I need to find some time to do some research.
A few more progress photos. The trusses are half on, garage wall is up and alfresco post is in.

Hoping by end of this week we have all framing done, windows in and possibly a start on the wrap / fascia / gutters / roof.

Garage corner

Side of house

Rear of house

Trusses as viewed from alfresco
Awesome I loved that stage so many changes so quickly.
Hi nico, my husband only had pics of the kids walk ins, not very exciting! The shelf and hanging rail was really high! There is no detail of the minor walk-ins on our plans and I had to push to get details the master walk-in added, so who knows what we will get!

I'm short but this gives you an idea of scale. I would be able to hang stuff but I wouldn't be able to use the shelf without a step.

Hey thanks bank that's really great photo work. Even tho it's only the kids WIR it's still a start for me
. I will post up the plans for my robes for you.

Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum