Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Second thoughts on Selections Hickinbotham Homes

Page 1 of 1
We thought we had it all worked out after selections but now are a bit concerned about some of the things she suggested, and are having second thoughts. We havent signed off on it yet thank goodness. Has anyone else had the same problem. Although she was fairly helpful some of the suggestions in hindsight arent gonna work for us. Also she didnt even ask about things like soap holders for the shower and grout colour for our floor tiles. She said she showed us but maybe we were so overwhelmed we dont even remember her asking..haha
I sent a few emails to make changes on mine some they could do but not everything. I agree it is overwhelming and easy to miss things

It is overwhelming isn't it! Our builder sent us a document of all our selections with everything specified, so we could pour over it and comment on changes, also google the products to remind us what we actually chose ha.

For us it wasn't more what selections made but more some thing aren't stated so a bit open to what will happen if that makes sense? For example I've actually just realised that they haven't specified the spacing between the tiles that will be used. We are having rectified tiles so can have smaller join lines, but its more because its not specified what spacing will be ie do I assume because its rectified will be the smaller joins or standard ones? Anyway when things like this happen, we put together a list of questions to the pre-construction officer and he usually just answers all the questions for us or sends its off to the appropriate person to follow up.

So yes I can say we have had the same problem, I think its pretty normal! Its a big investment with so many aspects to consider, so pretty overwhelming.
I think it's perfectly normal to feel like that. We did loads of research before we did ours and still ended up changing quite a few things. All the best with getting it just right

Well after a couple of emails we finally got everything right, now confident everything is sorted. Last time we built we said just do it exactly the same as the display home and they still stuffed up a couple of things. This time we're trying not to upgrade too much as we lost a bit on our house we just sold, but overall happy with the selections and only spent about $7000 on upgrades.
Pretty good amazing how quickly it adds up

Related
30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum