Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home Buyer/Build - Bold Living

Page 1 of 5
We are first home builders
Hi, we are also building with bold, will be Starting next week doing a portofino 229

Exc
leon.vanveen
Hi, we are also building with bold, will be Starting next week doing a portofino 229

Exciting times ahead for you Leon. I will definitely be more excited once there is concrete on the ground haha
zacherine
And our plans:

We are awaiting final copies of our plans as the rear living room window has been upgraded and heights upgraded too so it is all in line ! We have also extended the slab to wrap around the living room window which wasn't included on these preliminary plans!!

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

Expect to receive our HIA Contract in the mail today... Exciting times ahead.

I can't wait to check your house out. Please tell me you upgraded to the raked ceilings in living, the feature living windows and the box seat window in main! Those were what sold me on the house originally - This!

Yes as soon as I walked in, I was like this is it!! Little did I know this was all extras which equals $$$$$$

Although not an overly large house, the ceilings make it feel more open and spacious. Living area will be same as display (minus the painted feature wall) and we did not opt for the sitting box on the front window. It looked lovely but not something I would use practically myself. I usually cram all my study in bed or at a desk! The timber feature did look beautiful in the master though. Z has plans to build the deck but this will be an after job!'

I forgot to add in as well, as we have rock retaining wall at rear, so that eats into our metres out the back so I am not 100% sure how many metres we will have at the rear. I would say the retaining wall is about 1.5 to 2m deep.
The raked ceiling and windows look great ??. They make it look so spacious, lovely colour selections too!
Below are updated plans (earlier one were preliminary which were missing a few things).

Currently waiting to hear back from our lender so not a lot going on at the moment.

We made the decision to upgrade to the ducted air - I think the hot weather tempted us too much. Will keep the fans in and discuss vent placement with the aircon guys when the time comes.

Few slabs in the street being poured and their frames and trusses are up so hopefully we will be on the ground soon.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Our Contract said 150 days for the build, so I am still hoping for completion in mid-late July but will definitely see how it goes.
Love a raked ceiling! Looking forward to following your build!

Just saw this on another post where someone filled in the facade colours on paint.

We upgraded the to white mortar on the front pillars to help the bricks stand out a little more.

And our unfortunate front downpipe will be painted same colour as the render to help blend it in. It got filled with Monument from the roof! Oops

I clearly need get back to actual work...
Love your paint job - I did the same thing after seeing someone else's
clearly too much time! All this waiting...

We have a downpipe on the front too, I'm not very happy about it either but it can't be moved unfortunately.

Are they all down lights in your electrical plan??

Mec06
Love your paint job - I did the same thing after seeing someone else's
clearly too much time! All this waiting...

We have a downpipe on the front too, I'm not very happy about it either but it can't be moved unfortunately.

Are they all down lights in your electrical plan??

**good morning!! It is nice to get a bit of a visual. Is that because it is built to the boundary? We asked if it could be turned to the side but because the garage is built to the boundary we couldn't. I'm sure I won't even notice it eventually.

And yes all down lights in the electrical. We basically doubled what they gave us standard - never have too many lights. I would love to look at getting a nice pendant for the entry but will look at that closer to moving in time. Apparently we can get them to install things like that if we take them onsite. Otherwise my brother in law is electrician so will have no problems in changing things in the future.

Will have to check out your thread ! And yes waiting waiting waiting

Yes, it's because we are 'built to boundary' it's technically 27cm off boundary and I think that enough room for the down pipe... but no. Ah well.

I keep wondering if we've got enough lights - we've chosen quote a lot to have pendants installed afterwards.. if not I'll have to have an electrician come in afterwards.. I really tried to get it 'right' on the bottom floor which is not as easy to have things added afterwards.

Very handy having an electrician in the family!

OK, so I wrote a whole post then went and looked at one of your pics and deleted the whole thing!

Iv been trying to send PM's. Not sure if they are working because I keep getting errors. Apologies if you get multiples of them (including the one where I said what I thought of the messenger service, ha ha)

We went for a drive today to see what has been happened. WOW! so much progress. G still can't get over how close some of the houses are to each other. He grew up on acreage though so neighbours generally can't be seen or heard! So much going on though. The house on the corner has had its pen!ses cleaned off the windows and looks like its so close to habitation. We also have SR lot signs now, which I find really strange.... they all say available which is the strange bit because I'm pretty sure all but one lot has been sold in our release....

We also went for a drive out to O'Mara Drive. The road has been sealed and there are gutters. Its looking great! won't be long until O'Mara and Stone Ridge Bvld are open to the public. (i'm not sure why its sideways...)

Anyways, any news with your build regarding finance, covenant and council?
1sttimer_stoneridge Our programmer will look into the PM issue for you.
homeone
@1sttimer_stoneridge Our programmer will look into the PM issue for you.
thanks very much

Received our working plans so have printed them off and will return them to the builder. I have noticed we have gained a few smoke alarms. Spoke to my brother in law who is electrician and new regulations introduced in January require smoke alarms in each bedroom! Make sure you follow up with your builders everyone

I am saddened to report that no more raked ceiling/window

Bank valuation came back under so we have had to make some sacrifices and we have submitted variation to our bank. Lets hope we get better news early next week and some concrete on the ground soon !!!!
Well it's been a long month but we have council approval and waiting for our Authority to Commence from the bank.... I need a big bottle of wine me thinks !!!

Related
2/01/2024
Land buyer's agent Melbourne

Buying Land

Not much in this responce. My suggestion is, what are you looking to build and why. This will all be impacted by the local councils planning scheme. Familiarise yourself…

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum