Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Need Feedback on Simonds Express Reliability

Page 1 of 2
Hello All,

I am planning to build a house with Simmond Express Drummond. I need to know once the home is completed are they good in terms of materials used and stability.
Is there someone who has built up the house with Simmond and it's been couple of years.

Please share feedback.
We are building a Simonds express Westbury:) we are at lock up stage now. We haven't had any major dramas though out the process - hopefully you get some good feedback from people about there homes:) my friend has an express home only 1 year old and no issues so far

There are a lot of people on here who built with Simonds. Do a search.

Most of the Simonds build threads I followed had really good experiences that's why we decided to build with them. I had some issues in my build (anyone who says they haven't are either clueless or fibbing) but they fixed them and fixed them well. We've been in our house almost a year and I love, love, LOVE my house. It's a beautiful. If I was going to build another house, would I build with Simonds? Yes.
skinders78
We are building a Simonds express Westbury:) we are at lock up stage now. We haven't had any major dramas though out the process - hopefully you get some good feedback from people about there homes:) my friend has an express home only 1 year old and no issues so far

Thanks for your feedback. Also I think we cannot make any changes in the plan or anything. We have to go with what they offer. The only thing which we can do is colour selection and few updates like evaporative cooling, ceiling height upgrade.

Is that correct.

TomCat
There are a lot of people on here who built with Simonds. Do a search.

Most of the Simonds build threads I followed had really good experiences that's why we decided to build with them. I had some issues in my build (anyone who says they haven't are either clueless or fibbing) but they fixed them and fixed them well. We've been in our house almost a year and I love, love, LOVE my house. It's a beautiful. If I was going to build another house, would I build with Simonds? Yes.

Ok thanks for your reply. Are u also going with express or the normal one.

vinitmalhotra4
skinders78

Thanks for your feedback. Also I think we cannot make any changes in the plan or anything. We have to go with what they offer. The only thing which we can do is colour selection and few updates like evaporative cooling, ceiling height upgrade.

Is that correct.

We made quite a few changes to our express - added shower niches, wider bench, added shelves in ensuite walk in, added a sliding door in family room, pendant lights, larger vanity, larger showers and upgraded the laundry with benches
I have followed a few Simonds express builds and some people have only been allowed a few changes and others heaps! So if you really want someone I would most def ask them and see
skinders78
vinitmalhotra4
skinders78

Is that correct.

We made quite a few changes to our express - added shower niches, wider bench, added shelves in ensuite walk in, added a sliding door in family room, pendant lights, larger vanity, larger showers and upgraded the laundry with benches
I have followed a few Simonds express builds and some people have only been allowed a few changes and others heaps! So if you really want someone I would most def ask them and see

Ohh really....I am planning for Drummond. My Consultant told that can't make any structural changes since it is a express one. It means I need to push him for the same and see how it goes.
For all these changes did you paid extra money or was it within that only??

I am looking for premium specification and not the elite one. Hope this is value for money.

vinitmalhotra4
skinders78
vinitmalhotra4
[quote="skinders78"]We are building a Simonds express Westbury:) we are at lock up stage now. We haven't had any major dramas though out the process - hopefully you get some good feedback from people about there homes:) my friend has an express home only 1 year old and no issues so far

Is that correct.

Ohh really....I am planning for Drummond. My Consultant told that can't make any structural changes since it is a express one. It means I need to push him for the same and see how it goes.
For all these changes did you paid extra money or was it within that only??

I am looking for premium specification and not the elite one. Hope this is value for money.

[/quote]

Yep I had to pay extra for most of the changes but no admin fee just the cost to cover what we were getting done. They will say no you can't do that but seeing the feeds on here some people were able to make so many changes and others very little. It's the luck of what consultant you might get. Mine said when you are in position to pay deposits and stuff that's when you can put some pressure on getting those few things- only structural things I guess was an extra sliding door - but you wanna make sure you have everything that you want so def have a list of important things and negotiate. Good luck.
ok thanks for the information. All the best for ur home. Please keep in touch

Def will do - feel free to follow my feed
I have a few pics up already
ohh is it show.....where are u building. which area . in melbourne?

North east Victoria
skinders78
North east Victoria

I think I have followed ur post. I am new to tapatalk. how will I get to see ur post updates.

Great - if you search back there is pictures too on the feed
You should get notifications now
skinders78

I see that you had floor boards but for me they are giving tiles. Is that u upgraded it to be floor boards instead of tiles.
what is ur facade and colour scheme of ur house?

vinitmalhotra4
skinders78

I see that you had floor boards but for me they are giving tiles. Is that u upgraded it to be floor boards instead of tiles.
what is ur facade and colour scheme of ur house?

We are having tiles - we have the chestnut colour scheme and the Beckett facade in the Westbury

These colours
skinders78

These colours

what are these all colours for?

vinitmalhotra4
skinders78

These colours

what are these all colours for?

Our tiles, benches, wall colours and blinds
Related
19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum