Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building our Clarendon Fairmont 38 on the Gold Coast

Page 1 of 9
So I thought it was time I started on our new build.. A little background. In 2014 we put a deposit on a 623m2 flat block of land in a lovely estate at the base of the Gold Coast hinterland minutes from where we had been living for the previous 8 years. Long delays with registration of that block meant we didn't start building until May 2015 and we had handover of our lovely Sheridan 38 on October 1st 2015. Took us just a few months to decide we wanted more space for our 3 ever growing boys and quickly put a deposit down on a 1220m2 block of land in the next stage of the same estate. This time with bush surrounds, stunning views and only one neighbour. We put our beloved Sheridan on the market and waited 3 loooong months to get a sale.

Fast forward to now and we are still waiting on registration of our new land which hopefully won't be far off with survey plans being in council for plan sealing now for over 7 weeks.

A few weeks ago we signed a contract to build with Clarendon again with the World of Luxury Promotion (Qld)

This time we are building a Fairmont 38 with the contemporary facade.

Although we have a big block of land we were restricted by a bush fire asset protection zone which we were unable to build our house outside of so we were still limited to what would fit on the block. Fairmont fitted perfectly to the strange triangular building pad.

Electrical, tiles and colour appointments were all done in this last week. So just waiting on land registration and we will be on our way to our new home.

Will attach some plans and colour selections below.

Looks great!!!

Exterior Colours

Roof - Bristle Magnum
Fasia - Colorbond Monument
Gutters - Colorbond Monument
Brick - PGH Eclipse with off white ironed mortar
Cladding - Taubmans Flotsam
Render - Taubmans Tombstone
Windows - Colorbond Monument
Garage - Colorbond Monument
Front door - 1200mm BAL 40 rated Madison with clear glazing in colorbond Monument

Interior Colours

Floors - Parador Trendtime 6 Oak Castel limed
Carpet - Smartstrand Classic Overcast

Kitchen
Lower cabinets - Polytec Createc New Ultra White
Overheads - Polytec Createc New Ultra White
Bench top - QQ Luna White
Open Shelf - Polytec Prime Oak Woodmatt
Backsplash - Matt white penny rounds with white grout

Laundry
Lower cabinets - Createc New Ultra White
Bench - QQ Luna White
overhead cabinets and hang rail - Polytec Prime Oak Woodmatt
Broom cupboard - Polytec Createc New Ultra White
Splash back - Matt white penny rounds with white grout

Powder room
Cabinet - Polytec Prime Oak Woodmatt
Bench top - QQ Luna white
Floor and skirts - 300x600 Eclipse Linen with Magellan grout
Niche wall - 100x300 satin white in brick bond lay
Side shower walls - 300x600 Eclipse Linen with Magellan grout

Main Bathroom
Cabinet - Polytec Prime Oak Woodmatt
Bench top - QQ Graphite Matte
Bath hob - 100x300 Satin Smoke Grey stacked bond with white grout
Walls - 250x400mm Uni Gloss White stack bond with white grout

Ensuite
Cabinet - Polytec Black Wenge Ravine
Bench top - QQ Storm
Niche wall - 300x600 Eclipse Night with charred ash grout
Side shower walls - 300x600 Eclipse Linen with Magellan grout

Walls - Taubmans Marble Mist
Doors and trims - To match Dulux White on White
Howdy my long lost neighbour

Love your plan, that kitchen will be so fancy and the colours you have selected are perfect, suit the home so well.

Have you got your final construction drawings yet?

So excited for you, you all deserve a beautiful home.

Miss my neighbour though

Oops my bad.. just saw this.

No no final construction drawings yet.. I'm guessing I'm not going to see any more until after building approval.

Gosh I hope the colours work out ok. I went a little oak happy hahaha. Hopefully its spread out enough not to look too much.

Im excited also although we miss you guys incredibly
Council have sealed the plans and its finally at titles for registration... cross fingers it goes quickly!!
2 1/2 weeks at titles office and it hasn't even been touched yet. Crossing fingers for rego before xmas but not holding my breath anymore.
Land was registered 21/12 and settles tomorrow. Plumbing plans were lodged with council on 21/12 also but being Christmas and New Years I highly doubt its even been touched. Either way.. we are one step closer to starting our new house. Super excited
Land settled Wednesday afternoon but then found out Thursday that Clarendon weren't able to lodge our plumbing and setback relaxation with council prior to xmas because the certifiers had already gone on holidays....grrrr.. We basically just lost a potential 2 1/2 weeks in council. They won't return until Monday 9th so nothing will happen until then now
Crossing fingers for you that council are quick and you can get started really soon
. Those penny rounds will look awesome in the laundry

Tick tock tick tock.. Clocks ticking. We have plumbing approval but still waiting on our boundary setback relaxation approval.. Come on GCCC...hurry up..!!
So after 4 weeks we found out council had lost our application. Finally its all been approved and our plans have been sent to final drafting. Slowly getting there now!
Hooray, (well council need a solid kick in the bum) so hope you start soon, can't wait to see your place take off.

Released to construction last Tuesday morning. Awaiting our site start. Hopefully early this week!!
Site cut happened Wednesday despite the heavy downpour of rain earlier that morning. Surveyor pegged out the house today and sand has been delivered ready for plumbing to start Monday. So excited. It had felt like forever to get to this point. Loving my little patch of dirt .

Mandatory photo of the dunny....

I went and had a look today and it's fab!!! Rob did a great job with your cut and your outlook is so lovely. Roll on Monday

1st time builders

Wow 1st time builders your selections are beautiful!! So fresh & classy. You have good taste. Following to see how it all comes together......

Votes needed on my flooring. I was going to have the oak castel limed that we used in our last house but now considering the lumberjack oak instead. Mainly because it's different from what I have had before and I like that is a warmer colour. Will show some photos below and give me your opinions....

Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum