Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Newlyweds First Home - Hallmark Homes Coomera QLD

Page 1 of 29
I have been a long time watcher in the homeone forums and figured it was finally time to start my own thread!

Hubby and I are building our first home together in Coomera. We choose Hallmark Homes as our builder because we liked the transparency of their 'naked' homes (unfurnished) built to standard inclusions without all the bells and whistles to entice us into spending more than we can afford. They've also been around for yonks so figured we couldn't go too far wrong for our first home

We chose the Edge 208 house plan and made some modifications, including:
1. added a 1m extension through the open plan kitchen/family/lounge area
2. reduced the length of our media room by 0.5m in order to achieve a more open plan layout (and we felt the media was huge!).
3. increased ceiling height to 2550 instead of 2400
4. changed the master WIR configuration to allow more space
5. recessed the back sliding door to alfresco so that it sits flush with the indoor tiles (avoids major tripping hazard).

TIMELINE:
- paid deposit on block of land in March 2016
- land registered in August 2016
- settlement mid September 2016
- received final stamped & approved council plans early October
- received confirmation of onsite start date on 27th October 2016
- earthworks due to start 27th October 2016 with slab to follow

HOUSE PLAN:

COLOUR & TILE SELECTIONS:
- grey interior walls (taubmans salinger 1/2 strength) with white skirting/architraves (lexicon 1/4 strength)
- light grey main floor tiles (National Tiles - Como Grey Matte 450x450)
- carpet: andersens 'saragota' shadow carpet with upgraded underlay (charcoal colour).
- added 6 x white ceiling fans (4 x bedrooms, 1 x living, 1 x media)

Kitchen:
- charcoal laminex - natural finish
- white shimmer caesarstone bench tops 20mm with waterfall ends
- 2 sets of extra pot draws either side of 900mm electric oven
- built-in westinghouse microwave
- 900mm westinghouse electric stove top & oven

Bathrooms:
- charcoal laminex - floating vanity
- white shimmer caesarstone bench tops

Laundry:
- upgraded to cabinetry in lieu of metal standalone tub/sink
- charcoal laminex cabinetry
- broom cupboard added to side of cabinetry
- laminate bench tops (couldn't justify caesarstone in laundry)

Exterior:
- woodland grey colour bond roof
- woodland grey garage door
- shale grey render to front
- double height brick to remainder of house (perisher PGH)
- dark grey tiles for back alfresco + ceiling fan + weatherproof powerpoint

Digital visualisation of wall colour and flooring:

I look forward to follow other people's builds on the Gold Coast!

Such an exciting time for you!

Nice big floor plan. Looking forward to following your build

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
Thank you Jmart90 and vonsta76

Vonsta I'll follow you now!

Follow my build - Newlyweds First Home - Hallmark Homes Coomera QLD
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Vonsta76 do you have your own build thread? If so, I'd love to follow it!

goldcoasthome
Vonsta76 do you have your own build thread? If so, I'd love to follow it!

i do, its in the link below, but ive actually finished my build, moved in last month. But im still hanging around on here to follow others builds to the end lol. Also still updating my thread occasionally with post handover pics when they're done.

Haha Vonsta - I just realised when I got to your thread that I've been following you since early this year! I had your kitchen and main floor tile pictures screenshotted in my camera roll for inspiration! Lol

Your house has come along so beautifully. How long did your build take from earth works until handover?
goldcoasthome
Haha Vonsta - I just realised when I got to your thread that I've been following you since early this year! I had your kitchen and main floor tile pictures screenshotted in my camera roll for inspiration! Lol

Your house has come along so beautifully. How long did your build take from earth works until handover?
haha thats funny!

My start date was 14th April and handover was officially 19th August. However my house would have been ready 3 weeks - 4 weeks earlier but I requested SS slow things down just after fixing stage.

Wow I love your plan. It's very similar to ours!

Look forward to following along. We aren't too much ahead of you.

Following! Building in Upper Coomera

needsausername - thank you! I just subscribed to your build and went hunting through to find your plans but I couldn't find them amongst the 35 pages haha! I did see pics of your selections and block (my golly it looks big compared to our block of 412m2!!!) lol. I read on your thread that your slab is due to be poured this week? Are there separate stages in pouring/prepping a slab? I thought it was just one quick (do it in a day) sort of thing lol! Clearly I am the naive first time builder

Yarraland - how exciting! what stage are you at currently with your build?
P.S. can anyone tell me how to upload photos using the website (I was able to do it on my iPhone but cant figure it out on my laptop!!!)
Hahahaha we've been waiting a while to get to this point! Lol

I'll see if I can find it and post it for you.

The site is cut then they do the plumbing and piering then they line it with plastic stuff, rio, waffle pods and have the timber edges to create the 'mould' for the slab.

For a pro, my description is going to sound very basic but those are the things that have happened so far before slab on Friday.

If you're posting pics on the website you'll need to upload them to an online host account (tumblr, Photobucket etc) and then post the link to your pic.

ohhh wow!! To me your description is well....very descriptive!! thanks needsausername

fingers crossed the slab stage doesn't take too long! Our site is basically flat already but i suppose it needs to be 0.00 exactly flat hey.

Thanks for the tip for uploading pics, i'll go look into that now
Our land gets settled next week and then we put in retaining walls. Currently choosing between 2 builders so hopefully we get to set our heart in one of them by the time retaining is up
so excited to follow build around our area though! Love to see all your choices!

Oh congratulations on land settling next week yarraland!

Which builders are you currently looking at?

LAND PROGRESS SHOTS

March 2016

May 2016

June 2016

July 2916

August 2016

October 2016

Like your plans and your colour palette 😊. We are just about to have our plans submitted to council in Brisbane this week. Won't be far behind you. Good luck with your build!

Yay!! You got your thread going
I love your reasons for choosing hallmark homes as your builder! I hate the interior of both displays of my house or would have been handy to see it "naked".
Omg I just realised you dates...... build starts tomorrow??? Eeeeek! I'm so excited for you!! I hope you get some good progress shots

Corinda dream 2016
Like your plans and your colour palette 😊. We are just about to have our plans submitted to council in Brisbane this week. Won't be far behind you. Good luck with your build!

Aw thank you!! That's great news about council! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a quick turn around for you

Related
5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum