Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Liberty 45 (Turramurra)

Page 20 of 25
Hi All

We have received our final plans today, we need to get back to them ASAP. Can you all please check and give your comments.
If you can find any errors/issues or improvement can be made. please post your comments kindly.

How

Kandi
Hi All

We have received our final plans today, we need to get back to them ASAP. Can you all please check and give your comments.
If you can find any errors/issues or improvement can be made. please post your comments kindly.

How

Kandi
Hi All

How do i post the plan here?

Email me them

I’ve had a quick look - things I would consider are widening the garage if you have space on your block (it makes it easier to get two cars in the garage), increase the garage door height to 2300mm and adding maybe 10cm height to the first floor.

Kandi
Hi All

How

you can possibly add the back door to your garage for easier access. not sure what is the width of your land but you may find it useful.
NthHome
Kandi
Hi All

Email me them

My suggestions are

1) Widen garage and the garage doors. Esp if you have an SUV and your block can allow it. 6m door would be good.

2) I’d put your timber feature doors on the sitting room not the guest bedroom. They have large glass panels and if someone’s sleeping and you turn on the hallway light....

3) Ask to make the internal door to the garage a solid door. The hollow ones they provide are crappy and weak. I wish I’d done it.

4) Make rear garage door bigger. Eg 1200. Esp if you need to get stuff thru to the yard later on.

5) Change door on WIL near laundry to Cavity slider. Seems a little tight.

6) Have M pour the slab under the porch with your main slab. Much stronger and they will (should) Pier it too.

7) The doors to the Butlers pantry are uneven. You might have a good reason for that but I’d even it up.

I’d insulate the garage walls and roof. There is an argument that it is wasted money since the garage door is so big that you lose the benefit but I still feel it is worth it.

9) Have you got enough insulation for your area? Eg walls are only r1.5? I put r2.5 in my walls and r4.0 in ceiling. And that’s for Sydney. Google “recommended insulation for (where you live)” to see the government recommendation.

10) Do you have roof sarking?

11) Consider the location of your water control taps for the shower. They all seem to be centrally placed under the shower head so your arm gets wet when you turn tap on.

12) consider external ducting for laundry if you’re not having a heat pump dryer.

13) consider increasing your main shower area. eg anything 900x 900 is ok but a little tight. 1000x1000 is better.

14) Consider making the Door to the main ensuite a single fixed 1020 door vs having 2 cavities. This will increase wall space for you to fit a heated towel rail behind it. I changed mine from 2 cavity sliders to a single fixed and am happy with how it looks.

House looks great otherwise. It’s going to be awesome. Love the layout.

We get the keys Monday morn !!! Finally

Hell yeah! Just in time for xmas =D
Woohooo congrats too you. You must be over the moon

viewtopic.php?t=86597
nomnomnom
NthHome
Kandi
Hi All

Email me them

My suggestions are

1) Widen garage and the garage doors. Esp if you have an SUV and your block can allow it. 6m door would be good.

2) I’d put your timber feature doors on the sitting room not the guest bedroom. They have large glass panels and if someone’s sleeping and you turn on the hallway light....

3) Ask to make the internal door to the garage a solid door. The hollow ones they provide are crappy and weak. I wish I’d done it.

4) Make rear garage door bigger. Eg 1200. Esp if you need to get stuff thru to the yard later on.

6) Have M pour the slab under the porch with your main slab. Much stronger and they will (should) Pier it too.

7) The doors to the Butlers pantry are uneven. You might have a good reason for that but I’d even it up.

I’d insulate the garage walls and roof. There is an argument that it is wasted money since the garage door is so big that you lose the benefit but I still feel it is worth it.

9) Have you got enough insulation for your area? Eg walls are only r1.5? I put r2.5 in my walls and r4.0 in ceiling. And that’s for Sydney. Google “recommended insulation for (where you live)” to see the government recommendation.

11) Consider the location of your water control taps for the shower. They all seem to be centrally placed under the shower head so your arm gets wet when you turn tap on.

12) consider external ducting for laundry if you’re not having a heat pump dryer.

13) consider increasing your main shower area. eg anything 900x 900 is ok but a little tight. 1000x1000 is better.

14) Consider making the Door to the main ensuite a single fixed 1020 door vs having 2 cavities. This will increase wall space for you to fit a heated towel rail behind it. I changed mine from 2 cavity sliders to a single fixed and am happy with how it looks.

House looks great otherwise. It’s going to be awe some. Love the layout.

Thank you so much for your comments.
No6. I thought the porch concrete is included as part of the house.?
does it says some where its not included?
Great news NthHome, enjoy your brand new home

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846
We got the keys!!!!!!

Congratulations!
Yay congratulations!!
Now you can decorate it for Christmas!!

nomnomnom
NthHome
Kandi
Hi All

Email me them

My suggestions are

House looks great otherwise. It’s going to be awesome. Love the layout.

Hi Nom

Thanks for reviewing the plan. You were right. portico concrete was missing. We have checked our inclusion list and it was included. So Drafting is amending our plan.

The door between the kitchen and butler should not be there. We have requested to delete it. We have also requested to upgrade the walls to R2.5 for and 4 for Celling. how much this costed you.

yes we have sarking.
in our inclusion sisalation "wall wrap" to single story is included. did you had this one.

Thanks
Kandi
Congrats NthHome

When is moving day?

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Renman
Congrats NthHome

When is moving day?

Either this weekend or next. Just waiting on removalist to confirm

NthHome
Renman
Congrats NthHome

When is moving day?

Congratulations! Awesome news.

Can I ask who you’ll be using for Tv Antenna instal? I called Jim’s antennae and it’s $380 for a double storey home. Wondering if you’ve had a better quote?

Cheers Nomnomnom

nomnomnom
NthHome
Renman
Congrats NthHome

When is moving day?

Congratulations! Awesome news.

Can I ask who you’ll be using for Tv Antenna instal? I called Jim’s antennae and it’s $380 for a double storey home. Wondering if you’ve had a better quote?

Cheers Nomnomnom

At this stage not sure. 380 seems reasonable though. I actually thought it’d be more

Congratulations!

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum