Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral homes - Marcoola - Pimpama

Page 23 of 25
Hahahah yay, Such an exciting day!!
what sort of driveway are you getting? exposed agg or coloured?
butters7388
what sort of driveway are you getting? exposed agg or coloured?

Exposed aggregate
the black and white mix it's called Eclipse by Boral... or Tuxedo by other companies. Basically it's 50/50 black and white rock.

When I left it was still wet... I couldn't see the rocks at all
I hope that's normal.... maybe the rocks appear as it sets?

M A R C O O L A 3 2 - Coral homes
You see the rocks after they pressure hose the top layer off I think?

We are going for a "salt and pepper" mix with ours, I think 70/30 black to white.
Woohoo!!! Super exciting
can't wait for photos

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
I wanted a black and white mix, but the rocks would have been too sharp. I like washing my car barefeet so I settled for Grey and White with some browny/orange where the Riverstone were more founded and Kinder to my feet. Your driveway is gonna look awesome!

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
How did your driveway turn out😆

Coral Homes Marcoola 30 Mod
viewtopic.php?t=85789
marcoola

viewtopic.php?t=85789

Hi!! It turned out really good!! So everyone was right, they lower wash the concrete and then you see the rocks
I'm soooooo glad I didn't stomp up to the tradies and ask why I can't see my exposed aggregate rocks haha

We went and bought the sealant today. Just waiting on a dry day to seal the driveway!
it's going to to look fabulous sealed! No one on our street has sealed there's... are any of you planing to seal yours?

Beautiful driveway! Yep had mine sealed by the driveway guy

vonsta76

Oh great!! You like the sealed look Von??
Personally I love it too, I was shocked to see so many homes with beautiful driveways and not sealed... I guess it's an extra task, extra money and even longer you can't drive on it, so I understand it probably a bit of a hassle. I definately want it too look mint for years to come
my other half is sealing ours... did it cost you much to have the concrete man do it?

Our concreters did our.. I was really disappointed in our driveway until it was sealed.. Such a difference!!!

Ryalls_first_build
Our concreters did our.. I was really disappointed in our driveway until it was sealed.. Such a difference!!!

It sure does look spectacular sealed! Your driveway is so lovely

Skyepie
vonsta76

Oh great!! You like the sealed look Von??
Personally I love it too, I was shocked to see so many homes with beautiful driveways and not sealed... I guess it's an extra task, extra money and even longer you can't drive on it, so I understand it probably a bit of a hassle. I definately want it too look mint for years to come
my other half is sealing ours... did it cost you much to have the concrete man do it?

I love the sealed look! I can't remember how much mine was, I don't think it was very much. When I had coral do the driveway in my tender, their quote didn't even include sealing or other things such as cutting of the kerb etc. My driveway came in cheaper all up than corals basic no extras quote lol. I also had time to wait for it after it was done since I moved in 3 weeks after handover.

Skyepie
marcoola

viewtopic.php?t=85789

Hi!! It turned out really good!! So everyone was right, they lower wash the concrete and then you see the rocks
I'm soooooo glad I didn't stomp up to the tradies and ask why I can't see my exposed aggregate rocks haha

We went and bought the sealant today. Just waiting on a dry day to seal the driveway!
it's going to to look fabulous sealed! No one on our street has sealed there's... are any of you planing to seal yours?

Looks beautiful with your colours 😉

viewtopic.php?t=85789
Looks fantastic... I think we both got the same driveway and mine is sealed as well
Your driveway looks amazing!

Thanks all!!

Oooh loving the driveway!! This might sound silly but what is the difference between a sealed vs not sealed driveway? Does it look different?

Follow my build - Newlyweds First Home - Hallmark Homes Coomera QLD
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
goldcoasthome
Oooh loving the driveway!! This might sound silly but what is the difference between a sealed vs not sealed driveway? Does it look different?

Follow my build - Newlyweds First Home - Hallmark Homes Coomera QLD
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

Thanks huni! So a sealed driveway will remain and even colour. Most have a shine or gloss in it, so it kind of has that dark, clean, wet look to the driveway. Without sealant the cement becomes water marked and supports mould and other microbial growth and residue chemical build up. You don't see the tire track marks on the driveway and less likely getting oil staining due to the barrier preventing absorption. This is my understand and basic explanation.... I have seen sealed driveways and they stand out against non sealed, especially as the driveway ages...

Thank you, I was wondering the difference too
love the colour you chose!
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum