I decided to start my own thread after reading through so many others. This forum has been a gold mine, so I thought I would give back to hopefully help others.
Earlier last year we went to contract on a 630m2 block in Brisbane, the land will hopefully register and settle in December.
We just finished selling our existing home, have moved in with the parentals to save extra $$$ and are full stream ahead in planning our dream home.
We had narrowed down our initial home choices to:
- Stylemaster - Piazza 39FB
- Plantation either the Trinity or Eclipse
- Clarendon - Crestmead 40
We originally decided to go with Stylemaster, the Piazza is a beautiful home and they had a great offer. The floor plan was great, we didn't love it, but felt for the most part we could work with it. We were mostly happy with the initial quote as whilst it was the most expensive we justified the price as they had a good level of inclusions and thier homes seemed to be of a very high quality. Unfortunately, as we got to tender 5 we realised that it just wasn't working and as the price creeped higher for things that seemed like they shouldn't cost that much we decided to part ways. Stylemaster offered to refund our $3K which was a pleasant surprise.
Back to the drawing board.. we initially loved Plantation, especially the Trinity and after viewing it again we knew it was the home for us! The next day we happily parted with our cash to Plantation and now here we are!
We made a couple of changes to the floor plan, nothing major and all options Plantation already offered:
- extending rumpus to the grand rumpus option
- extending alfresco to the grand alfresco
- adding a spa to the ensuite
- adding cavity sliding doors to theatre
- adding door to study
- adding door to pantry opening inside the butlers pantry
- butters pantry cabinetry, sink, bench top and overhead cupboards
- laundry cabinetry
- we also deleted 3 windows which were in awkward places and not needed.
1. Signed Sales Agreement - May 2016
2. Tender Appointment (1st tender) - 11 October 2016
3. Tender 2 and Plans - 3 November 2016
4. Tender 3 and plans - December 2016
5. Contract signed - 22 December 2016
6. Colours & electrical appointment - 18 January 2017!
7. PVC - February 2017
8. Final Plans - March 2017
9. Handed to Site - 11 April 2017