Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Trinity Lux Q1 - Plantation Homes QLD

Page 11 of 13
Some updates photos - walk through with SS and our private inspector next week and then handover the following week.

I've had a chance to pop into the house in the last week a couple of times and I know there are lots of trades there fixing / cleaning / finishing but I've noticed lots of little cosmetic issues - unavoidable when building but as I'm sure you all know disheartening nonetheless. We have a great SS so I'm hopeful we shouldn't have any issues getting them fixed.

Excuse all the missing bulbs, we only gave the electrician a handful of cheap bulbs for testing.

Mec06
Some updates photos - walk through with SS and our private inspector next week and then handover the following week.

I've had a chance to pop into the house in the last week a couple of times and I know there are lots of trades there fixing / cleaning / finishing but I've noticed lots of little cosmetic issues - unavoidable when building but as I'm sure you all know disheartening nonetheless. We have a great SS so I'm hopeful we shouldn't have any issues getting them fixed.

Excuse all the missing bulbs, we only gave the electrician a handful of cheap bulbs for testing.

Great tile selection! we had very close tiles in shower and kitchen island. House looks stunning
Mec06
Tribe7
Everything is looking fab Mec, I just realized I picked the same kitchen sink as you, love yours so happy with that choice.

The hand over list seems huge but the bonus is it all doesn't have to be done immediately, in regards to shutters they can take up to 10 weeks for install so might be worth organizing some quotes. IKEA sell disposable window sheets too

Mr T is going to build all our decking around the pool that will hopefully save our budget a little

We've gotten quotes I'm just not very good at committing to one of them at the moment, haha. Quite a few of the places I've spoken to have a turnaround time of 3 weeks rather than the usual 6-10 weeks as they are Australian made and not imported.

I'm lucky my brother is going to do our tiling for us in the external areas, trying to do as much as we can to save $$$ as well,

Sorry for the late reply Mec I didn't realize you had replied. My tapatalk has updated and it's been a bit of battle

That's really good they are getting them done in 3 weeks, locally made is great as long as the price is ok too. I'm going wide blade white Venetian blinds this time.

Oh your lucky with a tiling brother that's excellent, it will certainly save you a fortune.

Your pics are looking fab, all the pendants work beautifully together and the bathroom tiling is wow.

So close now

Hey mec, it’s been awhile seen I’ve been on the forum. Your house is looking amazing! Idk where to start. I love your bath hob tiles, and pendants, and what is that colour in your laundry?! Congrats for the PCI next week. Hope it goes smoothly. Who have you got booked in to do your private inspection? We used BISQ.

HTTPS://buildingourmetriconfelix18.wordpress.com

Daym!!!! I love it! Awesome selections all round. Especially love that super big shower!!!
Shez84
Hey mec, it’s been awhile seen I’ve been on the forum. Your house is looking amazing! Idk where to start. I love your bath hob tiles, and pendants, and what is that colour in your laundry?! Congrats for the PCI next week. Hope it goes smoothly. Who have you got booked in to do your private inspection? We used BISQ.

HTTPS://buildingourmetriconfelix18.wordpress.com

Thanks Shez! We are using Kspec

I seriously can’t wait til we move in!

Handover Day!

Only a few minor things to have fixed up left from our walkthrough last week and 1 new item.. unfortunately when they’ve cleaned the glass on the staircase it’s been scratched ☹️

In any case SS is into it and I trust he’ll get it fixed - he’s been amazing so far!

Handover gift -

Amazing! Congrats on such a beautiful house

Congrats on a nice and smooth build!
Yay Mec, congratulations!! How very exciting. Hope all goes well with the move and looking forward to seeing some lived in pics

Our 37sq Custom Hamptons Inspired Home:
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86931
You have a beautiful home! I especially love all of your pendants and bathrooms 😍
Dylandbrooke
You have a beautiful home! I especially love all of your pendants and bathrooms

Thank you!

We had our flooring installed. Karndean looselay Vinyl Planks in dover. Love them!

Wow the floors really brings everything together and the dark colour grounds the spaces nicely. Love the colour

Love love your house!!!
Mec the floors look amazing! Such a feature and offset the grey walls and white cabinetry beautifully!!! You must be stoked

So glad we’ve chosen slightly darker floorboards now than the lighter ones we were originally considering

Thank you all - really happy with the outcome, it has pulled the vision together perfectly.

Amazing house! I love it when people pull their vision off perfectly! Just had a question re. the kitchen/dining/living space - your plan said it’s about 12 metres which is the same length as the custom plan I’m currently working on finalising and I was nervous about doing the ‘all in a row’ layout and just wanted to know if the space feels plenty large enough to fit a large dining table and lounge setup comfortably? Or if you would change anything? It looks perfect from the pictures

JAMBY
Amazing house! I love it when people pull their vision off perfectly! Just had a question re. the kitchen/dining/living space - your plan said it’s about 12 metres which is the same length as the custom plan I’m currently working on finalising and I was nervous about doing the ‘all in a row’ layout and just wanted to know if the space feels plenty large enough to fit a large dining table and lounge setup comfortably? Or if you would change anything? It looks perfect from the pictures

Thank you! Nah I wouldnt change anything (at least not yet)! Our furniture is all being delivered tomorrow so I’ll take some photos for you so you can get an idea of the space.

Great looking result! All the hard work paid off well
Related
5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum