Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Henley Palace Lux Q1 5BR with MODs in West MEL

Page 9 of 12
Which Facade did you choose ?
bhutani.sumit
Which Facade did you choose ?

We went standard on the exterior - Broadway with part render. Extended the garage by 1.3m and converted to Study and Store.
We are looking to build with Henley Emporio 43 - Ultima Facade in Meridian - Clyde North. Land titling in couple of months.
bhutani.sumit
We are looking to build with Henley Emporio 43 - Ultima Facade in Meridian - Clyde North. Land titling in couple of months.

Oh nice, we looked at that floor plan ourselves but ended up going with the sahara as we got the flooring promotion which saved us a lot of money!

We are also building in clyde north but with BPG's other estate highgrove
We didn't have that offer unfortunately....
Bad news! Land Developer has advised it will now be August title.

Run into trouble with the water mains in the area (4 weeks to resolve). Experiencing delays with wet weather impacting asphalt & concreting the area.
spice girl

Run into trouble with the water mains in the area (4 weeks to resolve). Experiencing delays with wet weather impacting asphalt & concreting the area.

Argh this would be so darn annoying for you guys!! These sorts of delays just make it so hard to get excited about it all!

We are still being delayed by developer approvaal! We cannot submit for building permits until this is approved
stayxtrue
spice girl

Argh this would be so darn annoying for you guys!! These sorts of delays just make it so hard to get excited about it all!

We are still being delayed by developer approvaal! We cannot submit for building permits until this is approved
/quote]
Agree it blows the excitement away. It could be this time next year that we can move in now.
Our developer better not delay us further when time comes to approval.
Fingers crossed that your comes through soon.

Oh Spice Girl - this is just gutting. Is there a bright side that this means you can save for furniture or landscape for a little longer? I hope so.

Fingers crossed for you that this is the only change in timing for land to be settled.
Rachael13
Oh Spice Girl - this is just gutting. Is there a bright side that this means you can save for furniture or landscape for a little longer? I hope so.

Fingers crossed for you that this is the only change in timing for land to be settled.

Thanks Rachael13, problem is more time to think about more changes, its driving me crazy, I need to focus on something else...lol
Fortunately we don't have to worry about time spent on getting developers approval as its not required.
Signed papers with broker today to reapply for preapproval. It was 12 months ago we did last one and for significantly less.
Latest photos of land. Back fence is going up. We at least get a back fence as its the end of the estate.

spice girl
Signed papers with broker today to reapply for preapproval. It was 12 months ago we did last one and for significantly less.
Latest photos of land. Back fence is going up. We at least get a back fence as its the end of the estate.

OH Wow its looking good, it seems that they are on track now to release your block to the titles office, fingers and toes are crossed for you

Land state as at today..seems like taking forever. Fence is still up. Have now managed to work out that our block is the one with the green pile. Its meant to be 16 x 35 so hopefully it is.

Would you believe the latest update I received from our developer on 28/6 was as follows:

Stage 8 construction is progressing, kerbs & water channels have been completed.

Water mains are now installed. Sewer lines have been constructed. Electrical cabling & NBN is complete.

Asphalt for the roads are ready to commence with council footpaths ready to start as well.

Our target completion date is now end July 2017 for construction.

This means that statement of compliance is due approximate late August with Titles registered early September.

The banks can access the land approximately late August to do valuations.

September!!! Surely there is not much more to be done.
I've resigned to the fact that we're at least 12 months away from moving into our new home.
Henley are charging us $1400 as part of the pricing matrix and will soon charge us another $3500.
In the meantime, to drown my sorrows and make up for the lost time and extra charging, I've put in another PCV to add windows, relocate HSW tank and upgrade some doors - to be funded outside the home loan.
I received a phonecall from Henley this week that management will not approve any further changes after this last PCV and thank you for paying the variation fee.

Some good news - we received an updated preapproval for an amount significantly higher than what we initially applied for last year. Its all subject to valuations.
Hope your land titles soon.
I called the estate today as i was about to finalize a builder and she told me not to sign the contract as there might be delays.
I am thinking to delay the builder contract for a couple of months now.
Really hope there will not be significant rise in price till i engage one.
immu999
I called the estate today as i was about to finalize a builder and she told me not to sign the contract as there might be delays.

Hi immu999

yes developer advised the delay of our stage means a delay in your maplewood estate. Our street is not a huge street so it is very surprising it is taking so long, but as long as all is done properly and land is stable - that is what matters rather than a rushed job.
The upside it is helped us to make late changes that we were wanting to do after handover and its given us more time to save up for those changes.
We managed to relocate the HWS which I didn't think was possible so that is great.
Which builder and design are you going with?
spice girl
immu999

Hi immu999

yes developer advised the delay of our stage means a delay in your maplewood estate. Our street is not a huge street so it is very surprising it is taking so long, but as long as all is done properly and land is stable - that is what matters rather than a rushed job.
The upside it is helped us to make late changes that we were wanting to do after handover and its given us more time to save up for those changes.
We managed to relocate the HWS which I didn't think was possible so that is great.

They delays comes with a lot of frustration, that is the reason i decided not to lock a builder now.
My stage is located at the entrance of the estate. Roads, driveways are already done. The only thing left is sewerage and other lines. Still they need 6 months to do it.
I considered 4 builders, Carlise, Easyliving, Metricon and a custom builder. Each had a promotion expiring before site start June next year which is certainly difficult to achieve considering the pace of work.
immu999
spice girl
immu999

Hi immu999

They delays comes with a lot of frustration, that is the reason i decided not to lock a builder now.
My stage is located at the entrance of the estate. Roads, driveways are already done. The only thing left is sewerage and other lines. Still they need 6 months to do it.
I considered 4 builders, Carlise, Easyliving, Metricon and a custom builder. Each had a promotion expiring before site start June next year which is certainly difficult to achieve considering the pace of work.

I contacted developer for update yesterday. Now saying titles late Sep due to issues with under ground water main works in the area. Now I'm hoping we actually title this year. Our build may not start til next year. At least it has helped to decided to enroll children in school in current schools for all of next year rather than trying to commute. We will just keep saving. Hoping our preapproval doesn't expire again.
What stage in Maplewood are you in?
Thats really sad

I am in Stage 1A, Forde Avenue
immu999
Thats really sad

I am in Stage 1A, Forde Avenue

Our conveyancer has confirmed the delays are very much common and standard process.
Spice girl - just catch up on your progress - so sorry to hear that titles are to be delayed again. Not sure who you're with for pre-approvals but I had mine expire about 3 times since I started the journey and have had them renewed along the way via email of all things but I'm presuming this is because we are not using a broker and working directly with the bank manger directly. Can you talk with your finance, to see how you can keep your pre-approval current whilst you are waiting on land title?

I hope that you not caught out to badly with your current housing.

Good luck and stay positive.
Related
2/04/2024
Building a flame zone house in West Pymble on a steep site

Building A New House

Hi All It has been a few weeks since my last update. The build has been progressing well. No major issues to report. The scaffolding was dropped today, gyprock will be…

21/05/2023
Knock down semi, inner west Sydney

Building A New House

Hi I live in a 100yr old semi and my neighbour added an additional floor last yr and our architect has advised that we can knock down our semi and build a free-standing…

6/12/2023
Skylight facing west, sufficient light in mornings?

General Discussion

It might be a bit darker in the mornings but the light is still light, so you should be getting it. Similar to what you see from your western windows

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum