Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Carlisle Easy Living Peninsula 33

Page 2 of 4
m sure you will be fine cause those 2 suburbs are prime and pricey so you are on a good spot i reckon.
Now that the land has settled there is a sense of ownership
Jojo2014
Now that the land has settled there is a sense of ownership

Congrats! Have Carlisle been able to give you a start date? As I heard they have a massive backlog at the moment.
Thanks.

They said first week of January after holidays so maybe somewhere around the 18th
Jojo2014
Thanks.

They said first week of January after holidays so maybe somewhere around the 18th

Awesome!! I think its better to start after the christmas break as it means you can see the progress a little bit more.. We had a huge break between the christmas break on our first house and the wait was killing us!
Congratulations Jojo! Been thinking about EasyLiving as well - a lot are already included and Carlisle seems to have a very good reputation based on my research on forums and their reviews as well. Excellent choice!

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you get the Peninsula 33 for in terms of their base price?
delirium211
Congratulations Jojo! Been thinking about EasyLiving as well - a lot are already included and Carlisle seems to have a very good reputation based on my research on forums and their reviews as well. Excellent choice!

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you get the Peninsula 33 for in terms of their base price?

Ours base ended up at 285k because our land has 1.8m fall and also few developer requirements that we had to upgrade by default.
285? Is that including all of your Sight costs?

Thanks Jojo2014! I ended up selecting Carlisle Easyliving as well - Eaglemont 28! Exciting times!

Still trying to decide whether to get their landscaping package at 3k. Did you?
delirium211
Thanks Jojo2014! I ended up selecting Carlisle Easyliving as well - Eaglemont 28! Exciting times!

Still trying to decide whether to get their landscaping package at 3k. Did you?

Oh nice, lovely house and welcome on board will surely follow your thread.

No I didn't take the package cause i just want one person to come do all the land scaping front and back yard as well, i think it will be cheaper that way.

Where abouts are you building?
stayxtrue

Yes stayxtrue includes fixed site cost,slab upgrade, developer requirements (which i was charged 13k by another builder) and council requirements.

For me it was perfect getting fixed price and not expect things like footing probe tests cost from previous experience.
Jojo2014
stayxtrue

Yes stayxtrue includes fixed site cost,slab upgrade, developer requirements (which i was charged 13k by another builder) and council requirements.

For me it was perfect getting fixed price and not expect things like footing probe tests cost from previous experience.

Oh wow that ends up being quite a good price then!

Yeah it was easier to upgrade to a few luxuries we wanted and worked out well
Jojo2014
stayxtrue

Great pricing! Considering the amount of things you needed to upgrade.
Hi Jojo2014, building in Saltwater Coast estate, Point Cook hopefully it starts early next year. Already finalised the tender details and just waiting for the contract signing.

Been pretty pleased with Carlisle so far but I must say that Easyliving will probably be not for everyone especially those who want a lot of customisations or specific requirements ie colour choices, upgrades etc.

It worked well with us as it made the selection and upgrade process a lot easier with their pre packaged colour sets.
Salt water coast beautiful estate been there a couple of times i live in the west.

Have you visited Rutherford in clyde north just to have a feel of the house. when i did thats when i made my decison on the house cause i had always visited displays for bigger houses when i wanted smaller house. so this house was just so real and home for us.

yes tru its not for everyone, choosing colors is fun and full on when not organised hahah.
Thanks Jojo2014!

Yeah we did visit Clyde and Truganina display homes. What I liked best with them is that their displays probably have least upgrades compared to other sellers. The others would probably add 100k or more to match what they had in the displays!

When are you looking to build?
Was wondering how much it was for you to upgrade to porcelain tiles, we put a deposit down at Acacia Botanic Ridge and am loving the Rutherford 32.

mich1
Was wondering how much it was for you to upgrade to porcelain tiles, we put a deposit down at Acacia Botanic Ridge and am loving the Rutherford 32.

Hi Mitch,

It was roughly 733 for the Florence option. I believe the amount changes per selection though. Hope this helps.
That sounds pretty reasonable, would you mind posting some of your other upgrade prices? Would love to get more of an idea of what it mind end up costing me.

Related
15/10/2023
DIY fence gate motor installation? Easy?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

I mean, I install them/sell them for a living so I haven't done DIY, unless you count the first one I installed lol. (electrician by trade). Usually a 6-8 hour job for…

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

24/04/2024
Carlisle Building Experience

Building A New House

Carlisle use to sneak a water resistant "Performance Solution" into their contracts. Have you checked your contract for same?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum