Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Off white mortar

Page 1 of 3
Hey, another question?????????

i have been told by PD that off white mortar is an upgrade but they didnt give any pricing for that. Has anyone upgraded to off white mortar andhow much does it cost approx.
Thanks
It was a $1000 upgrade for us (Prestige - 54sq house) from memory!
I was told $600-800 based on 29sq.

My brick layers accidently used it so I got the upgrade for fee.
(sorry but I couldn't resist mentioning that).
Hey, Mozzie, our case similar: had asked for it at final appt, when we got our final paperwork it hadnt been included so rang to get another updated lot sent out, presumably with updated costing.
Builder agreed to do it at no extra cost.

Which is very nice of them and all that but probably shows cost is not too great anyway (207 m2 size house)
Yes, just over a $1000 for a 50 sq home.
We were told that it would cost $55 per 1000 bricks extra, but this is with DFH not PD.
So for our 27sq house, which is approx 8000 bricks its going to be $440
Mozzie
My brick layers accidently used it so I got the upgrade for fee.
(sorry but I couldn't resist mentioning that).

Technically it's not free, what about the cost of arranging the accident ... slab of beer or whatever!
Hey, the cost is too much, but for free is the best.
And yes Mozzie, i am infact happy for you, atleast someone got something for free from a builder.
Just thinking, is it good to upgrade to colourbond fascias and gutters because today my csc emailed me saying that they are an upgrade too.... phew
, everything is extra.
Does someone know that how much do the builders or PD specifically slaps for this upgrade
This is the first time I heard that CB gutters are an upgrade
... every house we've checked (from our builder as well as others) had them as standard
CB gutters and fascia are standard on PD double story homes as far as I know
Upgrade for colourbond fasica! Next thing they'll do is start charging you to provide the builders with lunch.

Tell me again why PD are so popular?
yeah, they actually do (atleast for single storey homes)
cant do anything now
louie772
Upgrade for colourbond fasica! Next thing they'll do is start charging you to provide the builders with lunch.

Tell me again why PD are so popular?

They're NOT so popular atm - and maybe all of these "upgrades" are one reason why!!!!!!!!!!! Among other things.......
just a dumb question, if they don't use CB for the gutters and fascia, what do they use?
I would assume it would be zincalume that would then be painted.
Yep, Thats it, and the cscs said that it will require repainting every 3-4 years whereas CB is lifelong
Definetly upgrade then, if you possibly can - it would sure be a pain to have to repaint every few years

CB are certainly standard with our builder and we were not given any option to do otherwise (not that we'd want to)
In the PD contract specfications it mentions that the spouting and guttering is zincalume. We raised this with our CSR as we were under the impression that we were getting Colorbond product, she advised that we were because the actual Colorbond product is standard for Prestige range but for the rest it is the colours of paint used are Colorbond colours.
I am glad our builder use CB as standard then, otherwise I would not have known the difference until now- and it would have been too late. I just assumed everyone uses CB.
Related
21/03/2024
White sand for mortar

Building A New House

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated!

20/06/2023
San Selmo Reclaimed Original - Mortar Joint

Building A New House

Hi, I am planning to select San Selmo reclaimed original for the fascade of my build. I have seen many photos on line of the brick varying from a rustic to a neat finish.…

1/12/2023
Mortar holes/gaps in a 10yo townhouse - are these bad?

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place - I’m new to the property/building journey (trying to buy my first home) so not sure where/who to go with these sorts of…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum