Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sloping Narrow site: Hamptons style build. Cabinetry

Page 27 of 28
Floor sanding and some sample colour staining today. Very happy with the samples they make the oak veins really pop.

Christoshizz
Floor sanding and some sample colour staining today. Very happy with the samples they make the oak veins really pop.

Flooring looks great. Which color did you go with?
Mt.view
Christoshizz

Thanks mate. None yet! Needs more coats (they will apply a grey wash) and then we will narrow down.

I think my wife will want a 50/50 mix of the bottom two I'm betting. Can't believe how much different the floors look stained. It's like all the veins come up from nowhere.

Christoshizz
Mt.view

Thanks mate. None yet! Needs more coats (they will apply a grey wash) and then we will narrow down.

I think my wife will want a 50/50 mix of the bottom two I'm betting. Can't believe how much different the floors look stained. It's like all the veins come up from nowhere.

Happy wife happy days.

The end result will be something to look forward to.
Few updates. Our floors are finished and I'm so happy with the stain and finish. Mr boards did a great job.

Chris, this is just WOW!
You must be stoked. Totally transforms the house and adds a really nice warmth to it.

Love that close up pic which shows you can clearly see the lovely wood grain but in a nice, sort of subtle way.

Really looking forward to getting ours installed now (ours starts today) and glad we went with a warmer colour too.
Wow, your floors look fantastic!
Love your floors!! Definitely makes the house.
Gorgeous Chris, looks absolutely divine!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89059
Who doesn`t love the classy look! Wifey should be plenty happy now. Perhaps try submit a tender in for a fancy garage =D
Nice floors Chris.

Was it part of the contract or separate?

JB1
Nice floors Chris.

Was it part of the contract or separate?

separate. i had a budget for it but organised it myself
Hi Christoshizz Just wondering if you are willing to share your exterior colours with me please?!? Looks absolutley beautiful! Our house has just started being built, and every weatherboard house in our suburb is white or grey....so im wanting something different to everyone else!
Thanks
Daine
Daine
Hi Christoshizz Just wondering if you are willing to share your exterior colours with me please?!? Looks absolutley beautiful! Our house has just started being built, and every weatherboard house in our suburb is white or grey....so im wanting something different to everyone else!
Thanks
Daine

sure thing

roof is dune
gutters /downpipes are surfmist
weatherboards are dulux grey pebble.
Long time between updates Chris.

What's been happening?

SteveMc
Long time between updates Chris.

What's been happening?

Hey mate. Sorry been crazy busy.

Mirrors installed in bathrooms. Just waiting on a few finishes.

Our main delay has been fencing…retaining walls and concrete. Can't move in till that's done.

Just waiting for concrete now then we can move in.

Hopefully painter will come back to finish once we move in.

Bathroom looks awesome. Great when those final touches get done..
What's the plan with the ramp between the retaining walls? Grass or concrete?

SteveMc
Bathroom looks awesome. Great when those final touches get done..
What's the plan with the ramp between the retaining walls? Grass or concrete?

Concrete

Power and lights now all connected!

Getting there slowly!

Yay for power! How good do your stairwell pendants look!! And love the strip lighting in the ensuite

Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

23/11/2023
Maximum Garage Width - Narrow Lot (Willoughby Council NSW)

Building A New House

Thanks again for this information. If you do hear anything different, would be great to know >

8/12/2023
Narrow block design with 2 car space

General Discussion

dimensions on your original plan are inconsistent and with accurate dimensions (including site plan, upstairs and down) i could make a proper scale drawing with furniture…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum