Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sloping Narrow site: Hamptons style build. Cabinetry

Page 17 of 28
Nice progress Chris.

Is the garage separate from the house?

Yep separate buildings.

I'm considering getting the bird mesh stuff installed while they have the scaffolding up.

Christoshizz
Yep separate buildings.

I'm considering getting the bird mesh stuff installed while they have the scaffolding up.

Yes the colours work well together

- View my blog at www.waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.com
Oh wow! Yes totally agree. Colours go so well together. Yay you finally have a roof 🕺

Our 37sq Custom Hamptons Inspired Home:
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86931
Roof looks superb! Nice going mate.
Thanks guys. Appreciate your support. Massive day tomorrow.

- Internet installed on roof
- Tv Antenna going in (while scaff up)
- Roof finishing upstairs
- meeting staircase guy
- We Ordered leaf/bird net protection for gutters upstairs so that will start too

My floorboards guy is so nice. He left us some samples of the oak to have a play with to get some ideas

Roof upstairs done! Whirlie birds and anti-bird mesh in. Very happy.

Looking good mate!

That's great Chris. Our whirly bird has gone in too, though I'm not sure we needed one with cement tiles...

The anti bird mesh is a good idea. Is it suitable for all roof types?

Dani_J
That's great Chris. Our whirly bird has gone in too, though I'm not sure we needed one with cement tiles...

The anti bird mesh is a good idea. Is it suitable for all roof types?

Thanks dani! It's still worth having the whirley thing even with tiles just to get air moving. Good idea putting one in. Two is good on big roofs.

The gutter protection product my roof guy used is called leafstopper. It's great they have one for tiles and one for colourbond roofs. Costs about $18 per l/M plus labour to install.

We had so many issues with birds in the last house with the old tile roof (80 years old house though) I didn't want to have any issues with the new place.... Especially so high up.

If you want any more info PM me

A bit excited I hired the painter yesterday and they started painting our gables while the scaff is still up !! Yay

Hmm not sure if we have one or two whirly thingys! Will have to check next time I go past.

Thanks for that info, good to know. Honestly hadn't thought about it at until you mentioned it. Really hate the mess and noise of birds nesting on the roof, so anything to discourage it is a good idea IMO

Yay, gables look really good!

They finished gables, roof, hydronic heating rough in and plumbing today. Very happy with the roof at the front

We have to move the dishwasher in the butler's pantry because they put the drainage pipe in the wrong place but not a big deal.

Also quite a funny story. I had the toilets delivered this week (in wall cisterns). The delivery driver stood on one of the boxes and just says sorry. I'm like wtf. Had it replaced- was not taking any chances on stuff that gets installed inside the wall!

Starting to look ready to finish with the brick and cladding. Really like how the façade is shaping up

Christoshizz

- meeting staircase guy
- We Ordered leaf/bird net protection for gutters upstairs so that will start too

My floorboards guy is so nice. He left us some samples of the oak to have a play with to get some ideas

What timber floor you getting Chris?

JB1
Christoshizz

- meeting staircase guy

What timber floor you getting Chris?

not 100% sure. based on the photos thinking of getting European Oak parquetry at this point.
My internet connection (wireless through an NBN alternative company called Uniti Wireless) was activated today !!

They still have some speed upgrades to do at the tower which will double my speeds but I managed to duck over to the house today to test it out. I'm a nerd couldn't help it.

Very happy it's 4x faster than my old ADSL connection!! So strange to have internet connected already but will make life easier when we move in.

That’s pretty cool! Nice to know you can stream and download to your heart’s content once you move in!

Christoshizz
My internet connection (wireless through an NBN alternative company called Uniti Wireless) was activated today !!

They still have some speed upgrades to do at the tower which will double my speeds but I managed to duck over to the house today to test it out. I'm a nerd couldn't help it.

Very happy it's 4x faster than my old ADSL connection!! So strange to have internet connected already but will make life easier when we move in.

You should also install a temporary screen and projector in your home theatre for entertaining your tradies while they are on the job
...but seriously, Unity is a great company. I’d have them in a heartbeat if they were serviceable at my current home. Will hopefully have FTTP at the new house...

we made some decisions - finally, about lights.

https://www.beaconlighting.com.au/vaill ... hrome.html for the staircase void

https://www.beaconlighting.com.au/south ... steel.html x 2 for the kitchen island bench.

wife isnt sure if we should put 2 lights hanging down for the stairs void, or just 1... decisions decisions.
Pendant lights should always be installed in odd numbers, so make it 3 for the island bench

Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

23/11/2023
Maximum Garage Width - Narrow Lot (Willoughby Council NSW)

Building A New House

Thanks again for this information. If you do hear anything different, would be great to know >

8/12/2023
Narrow block design with 2 car space

General Discussion

dimensions on your original plan are inconsistent and with accurate dimensions (including site plan, upstairs and down) i could make a proper scale drawing with furniture…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum