Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sloping Narrow site: Hamptons style build. Cabinetry

Page 15 of 28
Christoshizz
JB1
What brand stacker door/windows did you get?

went with Rylock. Mine isnt glazed yet either - and im still struggling! its bloody heavy. I think it will be good because when double glazed my kids wont be able to open it.

Rylock make some nice windows.

I disagree that being heavy to open is a good thing. If it's heavy/difficult to open it means that the rollers aren't rated to handle the weight.

I'm not sure what the total weight of my sliding door will be but the each pane of glass will be approx 200kg. However the door is still easy to slide as the rollers are rated at up to 300kg. I went for a uPVC lift and slide system.
It might be that the stacker hasn't been calibrated 100% yet - ours is fairly heavy and difficult to open, but SM says they will adjust it just prior to PCI. Assume that means it's going to get a lot easier to slide.
Yeah I'm not sure how this will work with the sliding door. I have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Some more progress today.

Trusses started going up! And more brickwork done. Living room highlight window in too, I'm really happy with it now that I can see it installed.

I'm impressed that the brickies and the carpenter are both working at the same time. At this rate you'll have the scaffolding up next week

All looking good Chris! Agree with Steve, how awesome to have a few things going at once. Obviously they are trying their best to work around the crappy weather which is something.

Our 37sq Custom Hamptons Inspired Home:
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86931
Dani_J
All looking good Chris! Agree with Steve, how awesome to have a few things going at once.

Thanks dani!! They finished the posi things today. And front windows finally in. Hopefully they start the next level soon

Nice! I think we have the same style front windows

Big *** steel lintel beams got delivered for the garage today....

We had a look at plans again and decided in wall toilets would be better. Wanted to save space and look less cluttered especially in the downstairs bathroom which is very small.

3.5k later we bought 3 of these today
lol

Swanky thrones you have there Chris! Are they self flushing for that price ?? Says me who didn't want to spend an extra $50-100 per loo to upgrade to the back to wall model....

Your too funny !!

I'm just over it to be honest so trying to get stuff done.

We got Taps sorted finally too so just getting them delivered for rough ins.

That was my hubby last weekend. Pretty sure the conversation was: "if we have to look at one more flooring place I'm gonna..." well you fill in the blanks! It can get so overwhelming and frustrating shopping around and trying to decide on things.

But on the plus side, you have made some lovely choices there with the loos and tapware
. It will all be worth it when they are finally installed and you see it all come together... well that's what I keep telling hubby!!

Dani_J
well that's what I keep telling hubby!!

thats what my wife keeps telling me!
We finally have 3/4 of an upstairs frame. Hopefully they will finish it this week!!

The framing guy broke some bad news to me, the position of the new deck means I have lost my city view.

A neighbours house behind my block has a massive tree blocking my view. Sadly nothing can be done about it I've asked if the neighbour is open to cutting it back and was told where to go!

Went past our site on the weekend. They have framed up where the void window will be.. nice to get a feel for it and see the sky from inside the house.

It nearly looks like a house now...

How nice of your neighbour Chris! I hope they weren't that rude to you!!

On a positive note, great to see the frame almost up
Is that whole gap going to be the void window? It's massive!!

Dani_J
How nice of your neighbour Chris! I hope they weren't that rude to you!!

On a positive note, great to see the frame almost up
Is that whole gap going to be the void window? It's massive!!

Thanks Dani! Yeah I think the whole gap is the window - its not actually that big, I think on the plans its 1800h x 2700w.

I really have no idea how they are going to get those windows/doors upstairs.
Few updates
- all windows now in
-roof trusses coming Monday
-hydronic rough in booked
-air con rough in organised. Ended up going with 6 daikin splits.

In the process of getting quotes for cabinetry can’t believe some of the prices... it’s insane !
Also trying to find someone to do the rough in for alarms and cameras

Few snaps below. I’m really happy with the void it turned out great.

Laundry

Master bed

I got to go up and see the view. Really nice position looking around from here. Just spewing about the tree blocking my view of the city .

Hey Chris, who is installing your hydronic system?

I've had quotes from $15k to $25k.

Related
28/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Looks promising! Hope the weather holds for you.

23/11/2023
Maximum Garage Width - Narrow Lot (Willoughby Council NSW)

Building A New House

Thanks again for this information. If you do hear anything different, would be great to know >

8/12/2023
Narrow block design with 2 car space

General Discussion

dimensions on your original plan are inconsistent and with accurate dimensions (including site plan, upstairs and down) i could make a proper scale drawing with furniture…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum