Long time lurker! Thought it was about time I created my build thread so I can throw out some of my scribbled notes!
I'm building with Celebrations in Stage 2 of Brightwood Baldivis. I'm possibly a little different to others in how my timeline has worked out, as I've taken care of most of the admin while I'm waiting for titles, paying off other debt and saving the balance of my deposit. Here is my timeline:
- 30/5: Selected my preferred block, signed my PWC (Preliminary Works Contract) and paid $2k house deposit.
- 8/6: Signed contract for sale of land
- 9/6: Paid $2k deposit on land to secure my preferred block
- 14/6: Submitted elevation change (I went with the Rio elevation, but added a window to the WIR at the left)
- 25/7: Received first finance extension to 1/11 (as standard contract is only 60 days)
- 24/8: Received drawings, contract, preliminary addenda and HBCA building contract.
- 24/8: First selection room attendance (2 more followed before prestart)
- 30/8: Met with Intelligent Homes to discuss nbn/data/tv details
- 13/9: Prestart meeting
- 22/9: Titles issued (they were due mid October, which normally means mid November, so I was surprised!)
- 20/9: Final Plans including Prestart changes
- 20/9 - 5/10: Multiple queries sent to CH and answered promptly (with a couple of minor items tidied up on plans/addenda)
- 26/10: Finance extension on land to 13/1/17
- 1/11: Engineer attendance
- 28/11: Building Permit issued
- 19/12: Requested another finance extension with land agent (had to come up with a larger deposit than expected).
- 21/12: Finance extension approved by land agent to 27/2/17.
- 31/1: Set up power and gas accounts (starting to feel real)
- 1/2: Requested and received final plans including updated site plan (now that site survey has been done)
- 13/2 - FORMAL APPROVAL!!
- Siteworks date to be added
- 27/3 - Slab down
- 19/4 - Bricklayer due to commence