Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

{Dawn} SE Melb Build - Done and dusted!

Page 44 of 147
Thanks. I'm being a bit mean, I put prices on all my stuff.. and I'll set it up in the morning then do a runner and leave my parents to run the garage sale XD

I'm going to go see my kitten and my house. I thought about not getting the kitten, but my parents said just do it and we'll figure it out later..

Also, if anyone likes garage sales and is in the Dandenong area, feel free to PM me and I'll share the address.
Today I put a deposit on my future kitty!!

She's a gorgeous seal bi colour ragdoll with a cute white tipped ear.

The lady put her in my arms and she just went straight to sleep purring.... *love* She is just so soft and sweet. I am SO excited to bring her home, probably mid to late April depending on how big she grows.

I've named this little lady Pandora. I just know she's going to end up nicknamed Panda.

Must say, the breeders house was AMAZING.. its a new build, in the traditional style.. and immaculate, like a display home.
I also saw my house today.

SO... when the builder said stormwater was done... what they meant was that the downpipes have been installed. So yay, something happened. And in other exciting news that they didn't tell me... my stone is in!! It was covered, so didn't get to see exactly what it looks like.. but so glad things actually did happen this week even if it wasn't tiling. Hopefully tiling does happen this week.

Not sure if I should call the builder on Monday or not now..

Unfortunately the neighbor has not fixed the concrete mess.. and the fencing people didn't really fix the fencing issues.

Oh well, here's a heap of photos. XD

Front of the house with downpipes. Neighbor copied my colours

The diaster zone that is my front yard.

Downpipe
..that goes nowhere?

Countertop in laundry! Looks like I got my stone.. same as my kitchen and bathroom.
Can't see it much unfortuntel.. but laundry is looking more.. solid?

Kitchen stone. Apologies for poor photos, have to take shots through windows and they are SO dirty.. but this is where the sink cutout i and you can see stone.. though covered. Bit worried about cracking in the cabinetry there.. will need to check that's repaired before handover.

Downpipe.
Plus looks like there's a string line up between the blocks? Fence?

Mess still hasn't been cleaned up
Not happy.

Houses going up behind me... and mess!!!!

Something.. feels different in the en suite, but can't tell from this far away..

Downpipes!! XD

So.. feeling reassured that there has been some progress, even if its nowhere near enough to get me in before Easter.
It's great to see progress! And your kitty is gorgeous!!

nice to see the progress Dawn.. love your choice of colour for downpipes..goes well with the brick...
I'm so glad something was done Dawn! Even if it's downpipes and stone, it's steps in the right direction. Tiles next

Wow your kitty is gorgeous

I so hope tiles goes in this week. I really want to see them!! *fingers crossed*

I'm second guessing my stone choice for the kitchen, hoping it doesn't clash with the white cabinetry.. guess we'll see.
Looks like the tilers were probably waiting for the waterproofing to be done - doesn't look like the floor of the shower recess has been waterproofed tho.

Gorgeous kitty! Lovely name for her. When i was a teen we had a black & white moggy named Pandora. We.referred to her as Panda sometimes but mostly called her Pandy. She was quite the ugly duckling as a kitten but became a beautiful cat (albeit rather neurotic).

View thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83776&start=80
Yay to progress. Kitchen stone will be lovely 😍

Ooh.. okay so maybe that's been holding the builder up. It's a pain because I can't see my bathrooms from outside the house.. because of the obscure glass XD
Garage sale was a complete and utter failure.. made $3. We thought that might happen because we don't live near any main roads, so getting people to our little dead end street was hard.. and on top of that people just don't want to spend money. I paid $300 for my hutch, put it together and improved it with a wirefloor and better ramp... and I can't even get $150 for it 12months later.
So happy you've had some progress on site Dawn!

Love your little kitty, do you prefer human names? I like Mya for her a sweet name for a sweet little kitty.

Ahh bugger about the garage sale, maybe list some stuff on gumtree?

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Thanks Charli. It's not nearly as much progress as I want, but something is better than nothing. I wish I could go inside the house and see my stone benchtops
If they can just get tiling done this week I will feel better. I think mid week I will call my builder and demand a completion date... I've been waiting since December!

I like all sorts of names XD depends on the pet.. Mya is cute. I've named this little princess Pandora. So I'll have Cassidy and Pandora, both a little ancient greece..

I'm so in love with my little kitten. I wish I could go see her again, but they are so far away.
I love pandora, sooo cute

Yes get onto your builder and demand a completion date, sometimes I swear they think they're in charge when it's actually you paying them, remind them of that!

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Your kitty is very cute
. Pandora suits her perfectly.

It's good to see some progress finally, the kinder surprise laundry looks great.

Ohhhh your kitty is so cute! Pandora is an awesome name! I'm kitty obsessed too - we have 2 but I'd have more if Mr Wickie let me!

Good to see some progress on the house. Fingers crossed they pull their fingers out & get you in soon!

Thanks everyone.

Pandora is a name I've wanted for a ragdoll for 10 years XD.. but it just seemed perfect for her.. especially as her mum is Poppy, so I wanted a name starting with P.

I realised that its been 1 year since I signed my build contract, and 13 months since my land settled ;-; NOT HAPPY!!!

Yeah, I will have to chase them up for an end date as I need to plan.. and hopefully they will get a move on. My dad is taking my lights down tomorrow, so hopefully he can tell them off too.

Haha, yes my kinder surprise laundry is looking pretty good, except they have to replace the end panel were it got spray painted

Hehe Wickie.. I have 2 now, but I still want more.. maybe in the future XDD

I'm sort of desperately hoping I'm in by end of April now, thats my new 'date' .. which previously was Easter weekend. That gives them 5 weeks, which if tiling is done this week, should be enough if they get onto it and don't keep waiting around.. 3 weeks until Easter and I'm suppose to be on leave.. we'll be super annoying if I get the keys the day before I go back to work, but anything will do now.
Saw land available in Drouin.. 900m2 for about $149k... that's cheaper than mine for 3 times the size!!! Wish I could move out there, but too far from work.
aloenyx
Saw land available in Drouin.. 900m2 for about $149k... that's cheaper than mine for 3 times the size!!! Wish I could move out there, but too far from work.

It is always the case.. If I go up the road 1k, I can buy an acre or more for what I spent on my block... but there is always a reason behind why things are cheaper at times...
So true. I mean Drouin is another 30minutes away from my house.. its just a regional house is my dream... unfortunately can't quite afford that house just yet.

Maybe one day ^^;
Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum