Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

{Dawn} SE Melb Build - Done and dusted!

Page 3 of 147
Hoooray! Glad to see that your little house is finally starting. Your patience has paid off

View thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83776&start=80
Thanks all! I'm so happy to see things happening..

I just bought a bedroom suite off a neighbor for the guest bedroom.. no idea where that is going to be stored until the house is ready, but oh well.
Also good news, doesn't look like the site needs to be resurveyed, so that's a saving!! just have to hope they don't find any rocks when they dig out the slab.
I am sure your land will be fine. Your frontage seems big. Is it 10.5 or 12.5?

My land is 10.5 frontage. I would have loved 12.5, but I couldn't afford it at the time (regret it now since prices have gone up!!!)
How exciting

We've been getting into the decluttering before we moved and now as we are unpacking. About to tackle the clothes as we are putting in the internals of the wardrobes. Going to try the 333 method.
I dont use any method, if i havent worn it in 5 years, chuck it. I donated 5 garbage bags of clothes, also some kitchen items that i havent used in years. Other things that i couldnt part with for sentimental reasons with i have in plastic tubs with lids, they are easy to store in the bottom of a cupboard or garage. Great news on your house Dawn, you must be so happy seeing a start!

^_^; Thanks, I'm so happy!! Just wish the rain would give us a break so they can get the slab down.

I haven't heard of the 333 method. I'm glad to be rid of a few things, still quite a bit to go before I move, but most of that will be furniture I'm leaving behind.

That's not a bad method Charley!! Pretty much what happened.. I'd been throwing out things I don't like, but I found things I liked but didn't suit me anymore I'd been holding onto for ages.. so all gone now. I actually divided my wardrobe in two, things I love and can fit into, and things I love and can't fit into... the latter will be discarded if I don't loose some weight before the house is ready.
I've been thinking about the mosaic tiles in the bathroom. These are the tiles I selected. I'm worried that having them as a strip in the shower will really date my bathrooms. My original thought was to ask if the builder could use them as a background in the shower niche's but now I'm thinking about asking to take them out altogether. What do you think?
Thats very much a personal choice, all depends on what you like the look of i think. I didnt select the stripe but since then do like the look of the feature tile in the niche.

Just got a text from the builder, expecting drainage to go in Thursday (dependent on weather)
It's like winter again. Hope we will have good weather after this week. Can't wait to see your slab.

Are you allow to make any changes without charges after signing the contract ?
Colours and tiles are like fashion. Come and go. Yes Charley is right, it is personal preferences.

Everything comes and goes so just do what you like is my motto. Have you thought about putting the feature tile between the vanity and the mirror? That can work depending on wear the tiling starts and stops.
Can't decide on the tiles.

I had an image in my mind, but after reviewing my colour selections realised my idea won't work.

I was thinking my bathroom would be white, with a golden coloured vanity.. so black would make a nice accent..

But actually it's a lot lighter coloured..

So black is out!!! Blue is in.

I think putting the tile under the mirror would be variation.
aloenyx
Can't decide on the tiles.

I had an image in my mind, but after reviewing my colour selections realised my idea won't work.

I was thinking my bathroom would be white, with a golden coloured vanity.. so black would make a nice accent..

But actually it's a lot lighter coloured..

So black is out!!! Blue is in.

I think putting the tile under the mirror would be variation.

Yes the tile under the mirror would look fantastic!

I also can't decide about the feature tile. I get a strip in the kitchen and one in the showers included but the options don't appeal to me. I'm worried they will date as well.

I do like the choice you have made though, I think it would look good whichever way you go. I can't decide til I've decided on benchtops and there's none of those I like either!
MoniqueElizabeth
I also can't decide about the feature tile. I get a strip in the kitchen and one in the showers included but the options don't appeal to me. I'm worried they will date as well.

I do like the choice you have made though, I think it would look good whichever way you go. I can't decide til I've decided on benchtops and there's none of those I like either!

I must admit none of those appeal to me either, though maybe they look better in person. Sometimes I think your better off going without the mosaics... they aren't so much in fashion anymore it seems.

Ooh, what are your benchtop choices? I got to pick from the Caesarstone range, I went with White Shimmer (yay glitter!) but if I was willing to pay an upgrade I would have gone with Clamshell.
Yeah I'm struggling with the mosaic tiles. I want the hexagonal tiles in the pic below in the kitchen (I do have a window splash back so there's not a lot of tiles) and in the shower niche but the lady at the colour selection said it's usually costs an extra $1700 for it

Benchtops I don't have great pics of, but the colour lady is trying to ******** and get me a more grey/brown benchtop that's so much nicer. The grey stone in the pic is gross. There's also another white but don't have a pic. Going polar white sheen for cupboards
probably the grey tile in the middle for floor (semi gloss)

I have a colour appt for final selections Oct 23rd so I have to decide by then haha!
Sorry for hijacking your thread! Should start my own

Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum