Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

{Dawn} SE Melb Build - Done and dusted!

Page 142 of 147
I think a mix of things.

I always intended to buy a second property after a few years in the new house, just the new house took longer than expected

I don't know whether a new house will be the 'live in' house or whether I'd stay here and buy an investment. Don't know if I'd build or buy established. No idea about location either. XD

But I do want to find out what sort of equity I have in this house and whether my finances would even support another house. I either want to get another house or have a kid.
Massive day today for my foster kitties!!!

Took in two new fosters (bit of a surprise XD)

This is Nelson

And his identical brother Malcolm. Very silky kitties

I also took in this little girl as a new foster, and am debating adopting her permanently. We thought she was a ragdoll (I'm a bit obsessed with them
) but we now know she is a snowshoe, quite a rare breed in Australia. Haven't made up my mind yet on this cutie.

And in bittersweet news, my fosters Callidora and Regulus both found homes with wonderful families today. Going to miss them heaps!!!

Yup my house is full of cats!!!

Broker coming tomorrow to discuss finances, curious to know whether I'll be able to afford a second house.

Also want to redo all my landscaping.. went to look at some nearby houses for ideas. Not sure what to do yet.
aloenyx
Massive day today for my foster kitties!!!

Took in two new fosters (bit of a surprise XD)

This is Nelson

And his identical brother Malcolm. Very silky kitties

I also took in this little girl as a new foster, and am debating adopting her permanently. We thought she was a ragdoll (I'm a bit obsessed with them
) but we now know she is a snowshoe, quite a rare breed in Australia. Haven't made up my mind yet on this cutie.

And in bittersweet news, my fosters Callidora and Regulus both found homes with wonderful families today. Going to miss them heaps!!!

Yup my house is full of cats!!!

Broker coming tomorrow to discuss finances, curious to know whether I'll be able to afford a second house.

Also want to redo all my landscaping.. went to look at some nearby houses for ideas. Not sure what to do yet.
Gorgeous kitties! I'd keep the anowshoe one too

Callidora has 4 new servants! I don't think she's even noticed her siblings aren't around. She's had at least one attendant with all day
. First break she got was when we sat down for dinner. As soon as she realised she was alone she started talking to us and trying to lure the girls back into the office where they had been playing

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Awwe. She's gorgeous. Sounds like she will be one spoiled princess. So lovely to meet you all too!!

My house is a bit crowded with cats now and a few are quiet vocal!! Bit stressful...hoping to home at least 3 this week.

Houses are expensive. Every penny is gone now...forgot how hard it is living pay check to paycheck. Need to start saving again!!
She has decided attachment parenting is the only way to go! She hasn't let me out of her sight all morning, she cries if she loses me. Currently asleep on my lap after failing to get comfortable enough on my shoulder.
She started in Amity's room last night but as soon as she feel asleep she came looking for us. I assume she was in our room all night. I feel asleep about midnight with her on my back, got woken for cuddles, kisses and love bites at 4am, then woken at first light with her playing with my hair and nightie straps
. Needless to say I'm very tired.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Cant stop laughing at how cute she is. You poor thing

I was letting her siblings free range last night as their room was taken. But they loved me too much so put them in the study so I could sleep
Ohhhh keep the wee snowshoe girl!
I am overrun with cats Oo' they all hate each other but they all want to run around the house. Exhausting.

In other news spoke with the broker. No second house in my near future XD If I rent out this house and get another one, I can spend about $300... if I stay in this one and rent out a new place can spend about $450... but requires me to pay off my HECs first, which is two more years.

Although in exciting news, house down the street sold for $495k in 5 days!! And it was on a smaller block
DD $$$$$$$

Think I'm going to just focus on paying this place down and saving up some funds.
Those black kitties are adorable, I have a soft spot for black kitties (I have one and my husband has one)

Keep the snowshoe!!!!
I'm not keeping the snowshoe.. which we now think is a ragdoll x Siamese. But who really knows.

She's already been adopted.
That snowshoe has whitewalker eyes!

We are in process of getting a cat now as well!
Oooh!! Yay Rural. We need pics!!!

The ragdoll ..Bernadette is apparently a Bernie XDDD

She is a he.

Opps.

Oh well, still has a home this weekend. And so does my little Bella.

So just 3 boys left to find homes for.
Exciting!

I'm not sold on cats to be fair but wife and kids love them. My dear son was trying to get me to buy my wife a cat whilst we were overseas in Canada as a Christmas present. (Yeah.. cat would then have to go through quarantine)
And since we've been back, we are still trying to settle into the new home!
So, the Christmas present is now gonna be a mother's day idea.. or a birthday idea (July)...

But we are looking to probably foster as well if we can manage it! I am so darn busy I probably wouldnt be involved much. It would be up to how my wife can cope with two young kids and a litter of cats!!

Will definite show you pics when the cat thing happens!
ruraldoc
Exciting!

I'm not sold on cats to be fair but wife and kids love them. My dear son was trying to get me to buy my wife a cat whilst we were overseas in Canada as a Christmas present. (Yeah.. cat would then have to go through quarantine)
And since we've been back, we are still trying to settle into the new home!
So, the Christmas present is now gonna be a mother's day idea.. or a birthday idea (July)...

But we are looking to probably foster as well if we can manage it! I am so darn busy I probably wouldnt be involved much. It would be up to how my wife can cope with two young kids and a litter of cats!!

Will definite show you pics when the cat thing happens!

Seconding the request for cat pics!!
Hey Dawn & Rural, these are my new (adopted) boys

The house has turned out amazing!

We moved in around the same time and our place still looks like a building site

Just waiting for summer to finish so we can do our back yard and then we can finally say goodbye to sand!

We've also been doing a bit of dogsitting lately and I really want to get a dog but have told the wife no pets until the yard is done... was hard as there was an amazing looking boxer that came up on a rescue page but had to resist the urge.

This is one of my latest fosters.

Such silky fur

XDD Thanks Bob!! I've got a lot done. very happy and much more relaxed now. Next plan is to revamp the back and front landscaping.

Too hard to mow around all the garden beds atm, so I want to change the layout.. and the back is just annoying me as my magnolias aren't coping.
Cool cats..
Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum