Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

{Dawn} SE Melb Build - Done and dusted!

Page 106 of 147
aloenyx
I really like the rug
D $149 from IKEA. Its an indoor/outdoor rug.

I hope they love it!! It cost quite a bit, but I think it looks much nicer than their old cages.

I just can't wait to have the whole place sorted. I need to buy so much stuff, need a bin, rugs, decorations, extra pillows for my bed, cushions!!
D All the fun decorative stuff.

The towel rails are too small for my towels
/quote]I found that too, about the towel rails. Had i known I would have upgraded to bigger ones.

Decorating is definitely the fun stage!

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406

Forgot to mention I had a surprise visitor today. My neighbor from around the corner popped past to say hello when they saw the moving truck.

They are also building with my builder. Was interesting to chat with them, they don't have a handover date yet (my builder is even MORE behind on their build then mine). Seem like nice people and very interesting to compare notes on the builder.
Main bedroom still needs to be unpacked

Cat room!!! xD they are spoiled... but no cats in here.

Laundry.. also known as Cat Room 2 (the dryer is suppose to be up on the wall and all the kitty trays under there *sigh*)

Cassidy hiding in the cupboard in the spare room. She is NEVER coming out. She is not handling the move well..

My bunny wonderland
Two happy bunnies, both asleep in the castle.

Panda...literally whenever I am she is.. she has investigated the house thrice over.

So far so good. Managed to organise a few rooms, though heaps to go before the day is over. Now need to go buy groceries and pet stuff.. but nervous to leave them home alone.

Tried to get the internet modem all set up... but it seems the ports in the lounge don't work, I had to set the modem up in the garage directly into the NBN box to get it working. Another defect for the builder to fix. At least I have a temp solution so I can get internet.
aloenyx

Ohhhh how did the fur baby transport go? Mine HATE the car. I'm dreading that part!

The house is looking great! I did spy your card yesterday
we share the same secret identity

Building our forever home!
aloenyx
Main bedroom still needs to be unpacked

Cat room!!! xD they are spoiled... but no cats in here.

Laundry.. also known as Cat Room 2 (the dryer is suppose to be up on the wall and all the kitty trays under there *sigh*)

Cassidy hiding in the cupboard in the spare room. She is NEVER coming out. She is not handling the move well..

My bunny wonderland
Two happy bunnies, both asleep in the castle.

Panda...literally whenever I am she is.. she has investigated the house thrice over.

So far so good. Managed to organise a few rooms, though heaps to go before the day is over. Now need to go buy groceries and pet stuff.. but nervous to leave them home alone.

Tried to get the internet modem all set up... but it seems the ports in the lounge don't work, I had to set the modem up in the garage directly into the NBN box to get it working. Another defect for the builder to fix. At least I have a temp solution so I can get internet.
All looks fantastic Dawn! You must be so happy to be in and unpacking! Hope the fur babies settle in quickly and love all their new space!

Our modem only connects into our nbn box in the garage too. Has done in all 3 new builds we've lived in then we just connect the cable to the computer and tv from the data points

Looks awesome Dawn!
Don't worry, my 12 year old cat was very scared and hid for a couple of days after we moved recently, but she got over it and she's totally fine now. Just let her come out in her own time, she'll be fine.
My modem for NBN connects in the garage also, the data points inside are to wire your TV/computer straight into to get a more stable connection (is what I was told!)

Looking great! Poor little Cassidy. She'll be right in a day or so once she gets used to all the new smells which is probably very overpowering for her at the moment. New house, paint, carpet, new furniture smells... all overwhelming for a kitty. Looks like Pandy already owns the joint

At the end of my first day in my new home, this is as good as I could get it XD

Everything is BASICALLY in the right room. The internet is up and running. The TV is working (Free to Air). The dishwasher, microwave, washer and oven are all usable. The car fits in the garage. Overall pretty happy. The whole place needs a MASSIVE clean from top to bottom, and some more organization. There's food in the fridge and pantry.. and panda is happy.

The thing I'm noticing most is how much stuff I need!! I don't have a side table near the couch.. so nowhere to put my cup.

But mostly I need like storage container type stuff..

And I have one spare room which I can't use as the HUGE side gate is in there till dad sorts out the problem with the supplier.

En suite

Master bedroom (omg I need more pillows and cushions!!

Hallway

Kitchen

Living room (hehe... cat ears)

Kitchen! These stools are so good. I think 3 is enough.
Panda is so in control. She's curled up on the couch next me, very happy.

Bunnies are enjoying being together and having a LOT more room...

Cassidy is still hiding in the cupboard ;-; I hope she comes out for food soon.

Hmm.. wonder if I should plug the xbox or TV straight into the NBN then.. but I only have one point and I want internet to both..?? Too tired to figure it out today. Time for shower, dinner and an evening watching TV. Cleaning and unpacking and such can wait till tomorrow now.
Good effort to have everything under control so quickly! and love the curious kitty in the photos
Sounds like you will need to put in a small network hub in the back of the Tv cabinet to give you more ports

Or if the NBN router has wifi connect one of the devices to wifi (prob to) and other to network port,if you do online gaming use the network port for Xbox as will improve lag. ( very marginally. But everything helps)
Free to Air TV IS SO BORING. I need Foxtel.. which means I need internet on the Xbox.. *wondering how to do that* Or netflix..
Well from sounds of it

plug NBN modem in in cabinet.
Plug hub that in cabinet to NBN modem
Plug Xbox into port in wall
Watch shark weeek

No idea what really on but shark week on on in Korea this week so maybe au?
Be bummed if I missed it tho
I have Netflix, Apple TV and Foxtel at the moment (only because my parents pay for Foxtel
)
I use my Apple TV with Netflix, Stan and all the free to air apps on it way more than Foxtel.
Although Foxtel has some shows you can't get on the other places, like Wentworth and AFL. Research what shows you like/want to see. Foxtel, for the biggest pack is over $100 a month, Netflix and Stan combined are no more than $30 for the best pack.

I figured out how to get Netflix
D Completely have no idea how I did it.. something on my TV. But YAY!!! I have TV.

I will have to call the builder to figure out which port is NBN and what to do with it before I can get Foxtel (uh oh GOT is tomorrow).
My plan is Netflex at $14 a month and Foxtel Go on the Xbox for about $35 a month.
Huge congrats and happy settling in

I have quietly been following on and have read through your whole thread in the last week!

Congratulations on your new home
I hope many happy memories are made!

Our First Home - Building with Valeco in Brookhaven Estate

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
breebarter
I have quietly been following on and have read through your whole thread in the last week!

Congratulations on your new home
I hope many happy memories are made!

Our First Home - Building with Valeco in Brookhaven Estate

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Wow!! Thats committment.

Thank you
D It will take a little while to settle in, but Im looking forward to many good years here.
You have made your home so cozy and inviting

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406[/quote]

Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum