Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

{Dawn} SE Melb Build - Done and dusted!

Page 87 of 147
aloenyx
PCI tomorrow at 2pm. Yay...and ahhh..not prepared. Help? Checklist?

Also builder said bank valuer was at house today and said its all good.

Woooooo!!!!! You won't sleep tonight I bet!
How exciting!!!

Building with Perry Homes: viewtopic.php?t=84756
Brilliant news.... this is a great buy for pci... http://anewhouse.com.au/sample-page/pci-guide/

our build viewtopic.php?t=87100
Congratulations Dawn!!! Hope everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow!
❤️

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
aloenyx
PCI tomorrow at 2pm. Yay...and ahhh..not prepared. Help? Checklist?

Also builder said bank valuer was at house today and said its all good.

Yay for PCI
, nearly there! There is a checklist you can download from http://anewhouse.com.au/sample-page/pci-guide/ a few others have recommended it it only costs $4. Can't wait to see the pics.

Yaaaaaaaaaaay for PCI Dawn that's so exciting!!!!!
Fiiiinally!! Hope you don't get too many defencts or stickers.

Off topic, is there something wrong with notifications? I have to keep going to the main pages to see updates ( on Tapatalk)

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
vonsta76

Off topic, is there something wrong with notifications? I have to keep going to the main pages to see updates ( on Tapatalk)

Yes I don't seem to be getting any on Tapatalk.

Woohoo! Great news and good luck with PCI. X

cant decide
vonsta76

Yes I don't seem to be getting any on Tapatalk.

I thought it was just me... no updated notifications!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
I haven't found notifications particularly useful for weeks, but I just surf all the threads anyways

Eeee!! So nervous. So much to do!! And I'm WFH, so still need to get a heap of work done tomorrow as well.

I was not as excited as I thought I would be when I heard... I'm more panic'd about everything that needs to happen in the next few weeks

I probably won't take too many photos as I don't think much will have changed since Saturday and I want to focus on defects/issues, but I'll take some if anything has changed (hopefully render is done
).

I'm not expecting too many issues... I'll share my defect list in a moment. The builder has already been through and blue dotted heaps of painting issues, so will be interesting to see if those have already been fixed.. will be hard to spot my own issues with dots everywhere!!
This is my tracking list:

Variations
Concrete to 3 sides - $3,500 - ok
Raise height of front fence by 3-4 bricks - $3,900 - ok
Carpet colour to be dark brown - ok
Alarm system - waiting on variation

Defects/Issues
Main Bathroom shower is 900x900, confirmed it will be 1200x900 FIXED (well sorta... its like 1100x1000)
Laundry door slides the wrong way, confirmed it will be changed FIXED
Concrete splashed alongside exterior of house FIXED
Missing part of concreting FIXED
Cabinetry under kitchen sink cracked
End panel in laundry spray painted
No heating vent in kitchen - can live with this, but want to raise it
Check heating vent in bathroom - didn't notice on Saturday so need to double check
Powerpoint in WIR is in the wrong spot - will probably just live with this, though might see if I can make them put another one in in the right spot when they do the alarm system
Powerpoint in en suite is on the wrong side - will live with it.. its just a bit silly
Kitchen window is 1200mm instead of 1500mm IGNORE
Tiles in bathroom should have gone up to window IGNORE
Bathroom window obscured IGNORE
Recycled water tap is missing - need to call this out and figure out what to do.. it was included free of charge.. so no credit if its missing
TV antenna - just need to remind them this has been provided, as I can't see it up yet
Rangehood ducted outside - again just need to check this will be done when rangehood is installed
Privacy locks to bathroom and toilet missing - again need to check if this was done.. it was a free inclusion, so will let it go if missed
Wardrobe doors incorrect - will accept as is but ask for credit on upgrade cost
Crooked end panel on kitchen bench
Dishwasher area is a mess, tiling, skirting and cabinetry needs to be looked at

Those are the things I know of/am tracking.. not sure what else I will find.

When I was there on Saturday I went around flicking all the light switches and checking powerpoints, so I think most of electrical is good.. the carpet looked a bit rough in places, so will have a closer look at that.. hard to tell until its clean.. wonder if the house will have been cleaned before tomorrow.

Biggest concerns are with kitchen cabinetry..which in the scheme of things isn't major.
Wooo Hooo. Finally. Good luck tommorrow. I bet you can hardly sleep.
Funnily enough, I'm actually exhausted XD Though probably still won't be able to sleep!

I kind of wish PCI was first thing, but its afternoon so I'm going to have the jitters all day. Oh well, at least its FINALLY here.
Woohoo!!!! So happy for you!!!! I was like you're quiet today so I'll come see if you heard any news
like Von I'm not getting notifications

Bring on 2pm tomorrow!!!
Just reading through Bashworth's guide. Its long!! But some good stuff.
D Have to figure out how to print off the checklists tomorrow.

Just hope everything goes well and we don't discover any major issues (wishing I'd spent more time going over things on Saturday now
P)
I 'bought' one of those pci guides but it refused to download for me. I attempted several times & gave up in the end. So i went into pci with nothing.

I've had a read through, but I'll probably wing it. I think this will be more useful for 3 month inspection, its very detailed and I doubt my builder is gonna hang around for a few hours while I go through everything... plus if the house isn't clean I won't be able to tell about a lot of things. Plus I am working, so I can only spend about an hour.. so I'm mostly going to be looking for obvious issues and making sure I got everything I upgraded.
Good luck for today!
Finally its PCI day!! And it is absolutely pouring down in Melbourne
D Just great!! I'm going to have to stand out in rain to check my brickwork and such... although upside is I can make sure all the external drains are operating efficiently
Good luck for this afternoon sweets!!!
Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum