Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

{Dawn} SE Melb Build - Done and dusted!

Page 75 of 147
That's great news about the gas, hopefully this means handover in the next few weeks.

Enjoy your leave you definitely deserve a break and for things to start going your way.

First day of leave and I'm sick
Got vertigo and a cold... joy.

Doesn't matter, house is nearly done!!
Feel better soon Dawn. I've had the flu for over a week now... excess stress lowers your immune system! 🤧

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Yes stress is the worst!! I have laryngitis from stress

Hope you're feeling better soon sweets

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
Beginning to think there is a link between house building and getting sick

I'm so excited to talk to the builder on Monday, hoping for good news and a schedule from now till the end.

The builder did say in his txt last week that he was expecting gas meter in this week and that he will be able to get the OoC. So we must be really close!!

Shutter people left me a message to say the shutters were due late July o-o. On Monday they said yesterday!!
Get well soon Dawn. I hope you don't have to spend too much of your leave sick. Always seems to be the way, so frustrating, you need to be able to switch it over to sick leave.

Yeah, if I'm sick on Monday I'll get a certificate and swap my annual leave to sick leave.

OoC should be COO XD Certificate of Occupation. I do that so much, mix up words...

Front fence looks great Dawn!! Surely not long now? Any more news on the gas?
Loving the front fence

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
Looks great Dawn!
DD My fence is up!!!
D First coat of render has been done on the fence and the pillars, but they got rained out.. so first coat on the bedroom wall and final coloured coats to be done later this week (weather permitting!!).

My builder was kind enough to send me these photos

Still on track for gas meter to go in this week, which means roughly the timeline is handover within the next 4 weeks everything going to plan.

I've requested to do PCI before the end of next week and my return to work, which should be okay but my builder will be on holiday from next week, so someone else will have to do it, which is a bit of a shame.. would prefer to just have one person looking after everything.

I think we are really close now!!! My builder said he'd rebooked carpet and fit offs in expectation that everything will be fine with the meter. And we agreed on how they will finish off the levelling and site clean..

I feel like the fence makes the front of my house look bigger XDD But might just be the photos. Not sure about the mailbox they've put in, but average.. but might look better in person once the render is done. Have to get a number!!
D Can't wait till the front is done.
Looking great Dawn! Such a shame it had to rain

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Eee!!! Its not even complete but I'm loving it.. can't wait to get turf and plants .. and just have it all nice and done.
D SO CLOSE NOW!!! Can I start packing? XDD

Yeah, shame about the rain... but at least the majority of it is done, and they still have a week or two, so hopefully we get one or two good days in the next two weeks to finish off the outside.
Fence looks fantastic!!! Glad to hear the builder is communicating with you too. Makes it far less stressful!

Thanks Kat. To be honest he's been pretty good. I was dealing with one guy, and he was good face to face, but pretty hopeless with emails. This new guy is pretty good, and much better at following up. He always offers to send me photos too
D I think this time we are really coming to the end of this build.. *fingers crossed* Can't wait to get into this house.
The end is near now Dawn!! That's so nice of the builder to send you photos

I cant wait for you to get keys!! I am so excited for you!!!
Thanks Charli!! I'm getting excited now too!! Although got whacked with a $300 vet bill today.. so a little worried about funds.. but anyways..
It will all work out.

Shame about my leave not being at the right time, but oh well... just can't wait to get into the house, get all my babies settled and just.. be done!!

And don't worry, I promise to stick around H1 to see how all your builds turn out
D I will not be disappearing..plus I want to do the whole landscape thing.
I think the front fence does make it look bigger. Was your dad going to do timber infills? I think that'll finish it off perfectly. X

Yeah, dad is doing the infills in Stratco Ezi-Slat in the wood look.
This is how it looks? Looks like wood but without the maintenance
D The side gate will be out of the same material...

Not quite sure on the colour... may end up going for the plain colorbond colours... but I do like the wood colours.
Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum