Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Marina Q1 with Henley - South East Melbourne

Page 4 of 8
congrats sarz! looking good

congrats sarz! looking good

Frame has started going up

sarzaaa88

Awesome! They will start to power through ti all now, providing you have a Site Supervisor who is good at coordinating it
sarzaaa88

Good to see everything proggressing. Hope all goin well

Hey whatsup Saarz, Roof up yet ?
afterashok

Hey, the windows and doors were being installed this morning when I was there and I was told today or tomorrow for the roof trusses

sarzaaa88
afterashok

Hey, the windows and doors were being installed this morning when I was there and I was told today or tomorrow for the roof trusses

quick progress i think you will done within 3 months..
afterashok
sarzaaa88
afterashok

quick progress i think you will done within 3 months..

I hope so lol. I've heard things slow down a bit though once lockup cause of all the different trades. The frame stage has had the same carpenters doing everything.

Has anyone considered flyscreens for windows ?
Anyone got evaporative cooling ? Price ?
Did henley provide cost after color appointment or cost was provided at the tender appointment ?
We have done our colours and no idea how much we have spent as henley didnt provide us any costing

sumitsharma17
Has anyone considered flyscreens for windows ?
Anyone got evaporative cooling ? Price ?
Did henley provide cost after color appointment or cost was provided at the tender appointment ?
We have done our colours and no idea how much we have spent as henley didnt provide us any costing

No, I'm looking at flyscreens now while getting security door quotes. Same with evaporative cooling.

Henley provide the costs of your colour selections at your tender appointment. But you should have received a book from your information session which has all the prices in it for upgrades for your specific house. I worked out my prices before I had my colour appointment. Don't worry, you can delete things at your tender appointment.

Hey Saarz,

How are you ? hope everything going smooth. Just wanted to check regarding 6 Start Energy requirement and Council OHS cost.

Did you get money back for it ? or was it spent to cover for some stuff ?

6 Star Energy $750
Council OHS $2491

FYI Henley charged me 605 for flyscreen to all openable windows. Aluminum with fibreglass mesh. which is think is decent price.
afterashok
Hey Saarz,

How are you ? hope everything going smooth. Just wanted to check regarding 6 Start Energy requirement and Council OHS cost.

Did you get money back for it ? or was it spent to cover for some stuff ?

6 Star Energy $750
Council OHS $2491

FYI Henley charged me 605 for flyscreen to all openable windows. Aluminum with fibreglass mesh. which is think is decent price.

Hey afterashok, I'm good how are you?

Yes I got the whole $2750 back on the 6 star energy rating. They won't remove the OH&S/council cost as that covers the toilet, temp fencing, termite treatment etc etc. The only other thing you may get back is the allowance for surveying pegs provided they are still in the ground after they have done all their set outs. That will be in your quote/tender. My provision is $885. That will come off the final invoice, I was told.

$605 for flyscreens seems pretty good. I haven't got quotes yet for them but I have read about $50 per window, size depending.

sarzaaa88

Yes I got the whole $2750 back on the 6 star energy rating. They won't remove the OH&S/council cost as that covers the toilet, temp fencing, termite treatment etc etc. The only other thing you may get back is the allowance for surveying pegs provided they are still in the ground after they have done all their set outs. That will be in your quote/tender. My provision is $885. That will come off the final invoice, I was told.

$605 for flyscreens seems pretty good. I haven't got quotes yet for them but I have read about $50 per window, size depending.

Hey Sarz,

Doing fine. Just got the notice that my land title will be delayed again, very dissapointed with this, How can they just keep extending it, it was suppose to be June and now they are saying october. My plans is all messed up now and henley's current quote post October will be charged at 800 something every month.

Anywho good to hear about the money back on 6 start rating. I am expecting it back as well.

Also i think henley will contact me and change all my appointment to bit later now that my land is not getting titiles any sooner.
afterashok
sarzaaa88

Hey Sarz,

Doing fine. Just got the notice that my land title will be delayed again, very dissapointed with this, How can they just keep extending it, it was suppose to be June and now they are saying october. My plans is all messed up now and henley's current quote post October will be charged at 800 something every month.

Anywho good to hear about the money back on 6 start rating. I am expecting it back as well.

Also i think henley will contact me and change all my appointment to bit later now that my land is not getting titiles any sooner.

That sucks about the land titles, but unfortunately they're all the same. I was told 'May 16' for titles and I didn't settle until 'November 16'. Just think of it as extra time to save. You should have longer with Henley because they do allow for this. Pretty sure I had 8 months allowance from the time my 2nd deposit went down. I had until July this year to start building so just double check that info you were given.

Gutters and Facia went on yesterday. Roof is being installed today. Hopefully this weather holds out.

sarzaaa88
Gutters and Facia went on yesterday. Roof is being installed today. Hopefully this weather holds out.

Thanks for your reply. On my quote i have construction date as late as october and 885 per month after that if delays. So if my land gets titled in september i should be ok to start construction on october. Lets see how it goes, just dont want more delays than this.

Anyhow you house has start to look very well. Is that extended garage ? I think you will have a very nice open area on the side and the back too. You could have even done a side alfresco.

Related
31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum