Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Marina Q1 with Henley - South East Melbourne

Page 7 of 8
sumitsharma17
Cant decide
I have these things included in my fixed site costs.

It says Suspended Slab - included, this is another term used to describe a raft slab. You are covered for slab upgrades. This is a standard fixed site quote.

sarzaaa88
Hi Sumit, can't decide is spot on. If your site costs are fixed, that will be the final price. Henley will have to wear any extra costs if they didn't allow for them but they would have covered themselves when working it all out. They've just added the extra 6 star provision incase the raft slab affects the energy report and you don't get a shock later on if it is needed. I got my provision back in full as the report said my house was 6.4 and didn't need anything extra done to it.

Just read your attachment and it all looks pretty standard. The two things that you will have as provisions in your tender which is mentioned in your excluded costs will be the re-establishment survey ($885) and the 6 star cost. Anything else and they would have told you about it by now because it would have been added to your tender to accommodate seeing as they have your soil report now

Hi sarzaa
Really appreciate for your guidance .
It really takes my stress away.
Hope everything goes well 😊

I think we are 4-6 weeks away from slab!
We chose darbecca as our site inspector .

sumitsharma17
sarzaaa88
Hi Sumit, can't decide is spot on. If your site costs are fixed, that will be the final price. Henley will have to wear any extra costs if they didn't allow for them but they would have covered themselves when working it all out. They've just added the extra 6 star provision incase the raft slab affects the energy report and you don't get a shock later on if it is needed. I got my provision back in full as the report said my house was 6.4 and didn't need anything extra done to it.

Just read your attachment and it all looks pretty standard. The two things that you will have as provisions in your tender which is mentioned in your excluded costs will be the re-establishment survey ($885) and the 6 star cost. Anything else and they would have told you about it by now because it would have been added to your tender to accommodate seeing as they have your soil report now

Hi sarzaa
Really appreciate for your guidance .
It really takes my stress away.
Hope everything goes well 😊

I think we are 4-6 weeks away from slab!
We chose darbecca as our site inspector .

No worries at all. How exciting! Not long now!!

You'll be happy with Darbecca. My friends are currently using Darren on their build and his team have been very thorough so far.

Hi sarzaa
Hows the house comstruction going .
Any new piks ?

sumitsharma17
Hi sarzaa
Any new piks ?

Hey! The house is a day or two off being finished. Shower screens, mirrors and splash backs should be going in tomorrow. SS did his inspection a day ago, and looks like they are fixing a few things as there are yellow dots everywhere lol. The house was cleaned yesterday and the fences came down today. I was told I have NHP the following week
Hopefully I can get better pics tomorrow.

sarzaaa88
sumitsharma17
Hi sarzaa
Any new piks ?

Hey! The house is a day or two off being finished. Shower screens, mirrors and splash backs should be going in tomorrow. SS did his inspection a day ago, and looks like they are fixing a few things as there are yellow dots everywhere lol. The house was cleaned yesterday and the fences came down today. I was told I have NHP the following week

Excellent saarz the house is looking great all completed. Colorbond looks great and match tje bricksvery nicely I cant beleive how quick the construction has been. Three months is it ?

afterashok
sarzaaa88
sumitsharma17
Hi sarzaa
Any new piks ?

Excellent saarz the house is looking great all completed. Colorbond looks great and match tje bricksvery nicely I cant beleive how quick the construction has been. Three months is it ?

Thanks! I'm really happy with everything and Henley so far. They are super thorough now with their own internal inspections.

Yeah NHP has been booked for 26th May, so all going to plan it's been 3 months and 2 weeks to be exact lol.

Congrats sarzaa ! Looks good , So quick progress ...

Hi sarzzaa hows everything ? Have you done NHP ?

sumitsharma17
Hi sarzzaa hows everything ? Have you done NHP ?

Hi Sumit,

No I haven't had NHP yet. There was a delay with the Certificate of Occupancy but it went through today. Shouldn't be too much longer now. Just need two issues fixed

Whats the progress saarz..

afterashok
Whats the progress saarz..

Hey! So I had handover last Friday and I'm all moved in now. Appliances are being installed today
How's your build progressing?

Very dissapointed with the land release process i think theu will extend that to feb 2018 again. Original was june 2017. So comstruction start is no where near. I will have to pay builder monthly 900 delay for delays past november. Not sure if developer should compensate for it ?

Please post new pics of completed house very keen to see how everthing turned out

afterashok
Very dissapointed with the land release process i think theu will extend that to feb 2018 again. Original was june 2017. So comstruction start is no where near. I will have to pay builder monthly 900 delay for delays past november. Not sure if developer should compensate for it ?

That is very annoying! Have they done anything on the land yet, like cut out for roads?

Yes I will post pics soon, just so much too do unpacking and finishing things off

sarzaaa88
afterashok

That is very annoying! Have they done anything on the land yet, like cut out for roads?

Yes I will post pics soon, just so much too do unpacking and finishing things off

naah its just barren land the moment, with piles of dirt. no roads or anything yet..

Yup waiting for the pics.. Good to see everything finished up for you so quickly and you already in..
afterashok . where are you building in SE ?
bhutani.sumit
@afterashok . where are you building in SE ?

Building in heartlands tarneit.

afterashok
sarzaaa88
afterashok

naah its just barren land the moment, with piles of dirt. no roads or anything yet..

Yup waiting for the pics.. Good to see everything finished up for you so quickly and you already in..

Here's a pic of the kitchen. Still unpacking the rest

As for your land, how long ago did you purchase it? Have they received all the permits they need?

Reason being, in the SE we have an estate called Brompton and they can't get permits from the council. I had originally bought land there 2 years ago and it kept being delayed but we weren't told why. 2 years on and still nothing!

sarzaaa88
afterashok
sarzaaa88
[quote="afterashok"]Very dissapointed with the land release process i think theu will extend that to feb 2018 again. Original was june 2017. So comstruction start is no where near. I will have to pay builder monthly 900 delay for delays past november. Not sure if developer should compensate for it ?

Here's a pic of the kitchen. Still unpacking the rest

As for your land, how long ago did you purchase it? Have they received all the permits they need?

Reason being, in the SE we have an estate called Brompton and they can't get permits from the council. I had originally bought land there 2 years ago and it kept being delayed but we weren't told why. 2 years on and still nothing!

[/quote]

Congratulations
, your new home looks great! Looking forward to seeing more pics once you have had time to unpack.

Related
31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum