Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Marina Q1 with Henley - South East Melbourne

Page 6 of 8
Looks great!! Can't wait to see your bricks once they have been washed.

The final countdown is on now. Fit off has begun.

Bricks cleaned, door stained, just waiting for proper door handle

Painting complete

Ceasarstone and sink installed

sarzaaa88
The final countdown is on now. Fit off has begun.

Bricks cleaned, door stained, just waiting for proper door handle

Painting complete

Ceasarstone and sink installed

Hey saarz looks great specially the front door and bricks looks very good.

Looks great . We just did our electricals today. So far all good .
Did you had fixed site cost saarz?
I saw you got waffle pod slab. Did you have to pay extra for that ?

sumitsharma17
Looks great . We just did our electricals today. So far all good .
Did you had fixed site cost saarz?
I saw you got waffle pod slab. Did you have to pay extra for that ?

Nice, your one step closer

Yeah, I had fixed site costs. It came to $9000 for memory. Yes I had a waffle pod slab and no, this was all part of the fixed site costs. Hope this helps

Your entry looks awesome, love the truffle bricks, so glad I selected them.

What colour is your kitchen laminate for the upper cabinets and your paint? They look great!

cant decide
Your entry looks awesome, love the truffle bricks, so glad I selected them.

What colour is your kitchen laminate for the upper cabinets and your paint? They look great!

Thanks! I was thinking of you. Here are some pics of the brick cleaned. You'll be so happy with them. I'm so glad I upgraded them!!

My kitchen is silk finish laminate in white, the brown is smoky sapelle and the bench is white shimmer. The walls are grey pebble quarter and lexicon quarter for the skirting

Wow!! It's coming together nicely!! Loving th brick colour!!

The waterfalls on the bench look great! We removed ours to cut costs, but now I am not to sure if we made the right decision

stayxtrue

The waterfalls on the bench look great! We removed ours to cut costs, but now I am not to sure if we made the right decision

Thanks stayxtrue! Yes it is an expensive upgrade but it was at the top of my wish list lol. How's your build going? Sounds like you've sorted your colours out?

Can I ask you, have you ever had any issues with Henleys tradies?

sarzaaa88
stayxtrue

Thanks stayxtrue! Yes it is an expensive upgrade but it was at the top of my wish list lol. How's your build going? Sounds like you've sorted your colours out?

Can I ask you, have you ever had any issues with Henleys tradies? I was verbally abused tonight by one of their carpenters fixing the lock on my front door. He was not happy I was there and was yelling at me to leave immediately. He was on the phone talking to someone who he went on to talk about me while I was still there in ear shot. I'm pretty angry right now. I'm thinking of reporting him on Monday to my SS....

Thanks! We are yet to start building
we have tender and contracts on Monday!

Oh yea I saw that on the Henley Facebook
Page! Obviously he's had a bad day or he is just an out right rude prick!! But there is no need for that sort of behaviour!

Awesome! Good luck! Has your land settled now? Won't be long till construction if it has

Yeah after seeing some of the other comments I'm wondering if something shifty was going on. Oh well will find out tomorrow I guess

sarzaaa88
Awesome! Good luck! Has your land settled now? Won't be long till construction if it has

Yeah after seeing some of the other comments I'm wondering if something shifty was going on. Oh well will find out tomorrow I guess

Well I got a follow up email from our developer to say they are about to receive titles any day now so we should prepare our bank!

Also I realised your in Clarinda park, our friends are building with Henley at the moment in clarinda park also!

Yea at tender on Monday I will be asking them to get the approvals straight away so that we can get started asap

stayxtrue
sarzaaa88

Well I got a follow up email from our developer to say they are about to receive titles any day now so we should prepare our bank!

Also I realised your in Clarinda park, our friends are building with Henley at the moment in clarinda park also!

Yea at tender on Monday I will be asking them to get the approvals straight away so that we can get started asap

That's awesome! Sounds like it's all under control and you'll be starting in no time!

Yeah, I'm Clarinda Park. Quite a few Henley homes going up in there now which is good to see. Where were you building again? Was it Clyde?

sarzaaa88
That's awesome! Sounds like it's all under control and you'll be starting in no time!

Yeah, I'm Clarinda Park. Quite a few Henley homes going up in there now which is good to see. Where were you building again? Was it Clyde?

We are building in clyde north I love the location as I have been using the western port highway of late due to the monash being terrible! But once that is fixed up I will have a few options to get to and from work!
Hi all
Need some advice from all your experience .
I had fixed site cost with M slab inclusion.
Now i have received my soil test report with P class soil . Henley increased my energy rating provision by 2k ( advising i may get a raft slab)
Can anyone suggest how much henley may charge for raft slab from M slab ?
Dont want to get a big shock !!

They won't change the fixed site costs but it may affect 6 star costs if you need a raft slab.

cant decide
They won't change the fixed site costs but it may affect 6 star costs if you need a raft slab.

Thanks cant decide
So you meant they wont charge me extra for raft slab ?
They ll only charge me for additional 6 star energy rating costs?
So confused 😣

Yes if they gave you a price for fixed they won't charge extra for the raft. They have probably already factored this into the fixed price quote. If they haven't it's their bad luck. In your quote it should specify things that are included in your fixed site costs. There are some exclusions for things like footing probes and underpinning if the neighbours have built to the boundary.
If you need a raft slab it will probably increase your provision for 6 star but from what I have experienced you might get some or all of this allowance back.

Cant decide
I have these things included in my fixed site costs.

Hi Sumit, can't decide is spot on. If your site costs are fixed, that will be the final price. Henley will have to wear any extra costs if they didn't allow for them but they would have covered themselves when working it all out. They've just added the extra 6 star provision incase the raft slab affects the energy report and you don't get a shock later on if it is needed. I got my provision back in full as the report said my house was 6.4 and didn't need anything extra done to it.

Just read your attachment and it all looks pretty standard. The two things that you will have as provisions in your tender which is mentioned in your excluded costs will be the re-establishment survey ($885) and the 6 star cost. Anything else and they would have told you about it by now because it would have been added to your tender to accommodate seeing as they have your soil report now

Related
31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum