Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else have problem with Sulja Homes?

Page 2 of 2
goose1501
Very costly lesson indeed.. im sure you can terminate your contract and get other builder to finish off the build. Check the contract. You can claim it. My lawyer is dealing with two sulja client if you want his number.

Yes can I please get your lawyer number ?

If there are few people in same boat against this builder - something must have gone wrong there.
Hi Altair, Im in the same boot. Can you please share with your phone number so I can discuss something?
Also I spoke to Sulja and they said they receive the insurance last week. has anyone got any news on that?
Apple123
Hi Altair, Im in the same boot. Can you please share with your phone number so I can discuss something?
Also I spoke to Sulja and they said they receive the insurance last week. has anyone got any news on that?

What stage are you now ? Apple 123
@Goose1501, paid deposit however my land is going to title in January but not sure what step to take at this stage whether to cancel the contract and choose other builder or stay with Sulja..
Can you please send me your phone number to discuss?

Is there any progress been made in your home?
Apple123
@Goose1501, paid deposit however my land is going to title in January but not sure what step to take at this stage whether to cancel the contract and choose other builder or stay with Sulja..
Can you please send me your phone number to discuss?

Is there any progress been made in your home?

Hi Apple123. It's up to you to decide.
Can they guarantee you the date of completion ?

To give you insight - I went to a real estate at Tarneit suburb last week
Saw few Sulja homes constructions - their building permit either
Oct/Nov last year, or early this year (Feb/March). None of them are finished.
Hi altair,
Well, I don't think there will be any way to cancel the contract, even if I do they will take all deposit (9k) for sure.
What do you suggest?

I believe no builder can give completion date, In my contract it mentions job will be completed in max 270 days (9months) but not sure what happens if they don't complete in that period like we seen with other people.

If you know any lawyer dealing with Sulja client do you mind forward me Lawyer number?

Can contact me and my wifes here.
Apple123
Hi altair,
Well, I don't think there will be any way to cancel the contract, even if I do they will take all deposit (9k) for sure.
What do you suggest?

I believe no builder can give completion date, In my contract it mentions job will be completed in max 270 days (9months) but not sure what happens if they don't complete in that period like we seen with other people.

If you know any lawyer dealing with Sulja client do you mind forward me Lawyer number?

Check your building contract - In VIC, you'll have the standard $250 per week liquidated damages clause in your contract, and if your build runs over the specified contract time, then the builder will need to pay. Especially if delays are avoidable if the trades had been on their game
altair, in my contract its says $0 liquidated damages. Are they paying you $250/week since they delay your job?
Apple123
@altair, in my contract its says $0 liquidated damages. Are they paying you $250/week since they delay your job?

Haven't claim it yet since they are still within the duration of completion date.
but it's very close and I don't see how they can complete it on time..

Reading through forum - it seems the liquidated damage come out of your last payment/invoice..

IMHO - you should have requested that clause in contract, before signed it..
since if you have $0 liquidated damage, my understanding that the builder
could argue they won't be liable for any damages for the late completion.

Will need consult lawyer / solicitors how to claim the general damages
suffered due to late completion (at later stage).
Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

3/07/2023
Drainage Problem

Landscape & Garden Design

Thank you for this information.

11/08/2023
Class 3 rooming house Occupancy Permit Problem

General Discussion

I don’t think so as the floor area over 300 square meters then it is class 3….

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum