Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Marcoola 32 QLD

Page 1 of 25
Hello all!

Excited to finally start my own thread, although my land is not registered yet! We have been waiting since April 2015, we paid our 10% deposit on our block at the end of April last year and we will be lucky if registration occurs by the end of this year...

We are lucky our block is nice and flat and is 814sm.

We are building a Marcoola 32 by Coral, slightly modified; we are adding a basin/vanity to the main toilet (to make it a “powder room”) and just decreasing the size of the study to add more room to our master.

We have chosen the designer inclusions for our build with the following added promotion packages:
*Designer Style promo: $1,999
*2550 ceiling height: $1,999
*New home sensation promo (Carpet and tiling): $3,999
*Colorbond + steel frame promo: $2,999

These are the extra upgrades we are choosing to include so far as well:
*40mm waterfall Caesarstone island bench to kitchen: $2,200
*2X cavity sliding doors to media room: $350/$450 each
*Adding vanity basin & mirror to main toilet/powder in lieu of half the linen cupboard area: $1,100-$1,200
*2100mm wall height tiles to bathroom and ensuite: $700 per room
*2X niches to main shower and ensuite shower: $387 each
*Pot drawers to kitchen: $200 each bank
*Frameless showers: $250 each X2
*Inset sink: $110
*Mirrored robes: approx $50ea

Things we are taking out of our build:
-$8,500 allowance for the driveway, as we will be arranging this ourselves.
Also will be doing our own turf and fencing.

We are currently in the process of finalising our contract so I will keep the updates coming!

So that's all the info I have for now!
Our not yet modified/standard Marcoola 32 floorplan

With the Hastings Portico facade
Wow that's a long time you must be hanging to get started. Have you been into this display ? How exciting. Can't wait to flow your progress have you decided on any external Colours

Milestone
Wow that's a long time you must be hanging to get started. Have you been into this display ? How exciting. Can't wait to flow your progress have you decided on any external Colours

Sure have, we fell in love with the display home the moment we walked in!

We are going in on the weekend to finalise our prelim paperwork and add all our extras and get our drawings/contract written up, so hopefully colour selection wont be too far away!

We are going for a neutral colour scheme - white kitchen with grey and white bathroom tiles. Maybe thinking about a light oak laminate or vinyl flooring to main living areas or concrete look tiles and grey carpets. We like the dark grey colorbond roof but we have no clue what brick we are going to choose yet whatsoever! Excited for when we will get to do colour selections and see what the choices are ?

Any suggestions or tips would be great!
Hey Kiki

Following along can't wait to see your changes
going to look fabulous!!

Still can't believe you've been waiting so long

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
For sure just FYI I know it's hard with money and trying to get costs down but try to add a 2 double power point into your rooms now and all the power points beside your ( kit and ldy appliances) and add extra light now we did this and added $3000 into our contract for electrical upgrades and still went over $600. Add an allowance for your colourselection that's scary

View topic our modified Stradbroke
Oh yes definitely doing the double power points, those bad boys are going everywhere possible haha I think we have $4500 allowance for our electrical, I hope that will be enough! This is my first build and the only good thing to come out of my land taking an eternity to register is that all I have done for the last 18 months is research things and stalk other peoples builds on here haha!

What sort of things can I expect to be stung with during colour selection?
charlibear
Hey Kiki

going to look fabulous!!

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Hi charlibear ?

It has been the longest wait of my life, the whole development has seemed a bit strange, as if they are purposely delaying things. The whole first stage is practically dead flat and was an open paddock, so you would think they could have smashed out the civil works in no time at all, but apparently not...

I absolutely cannot wait to be able to get our build started, I love watching everyone elses so much too though. Ive seen lots of your posts! ?
Oh wow that is going to be some house!!! I too look forward in watching your build. We are white and grey all the way too.
Colours is fun, things you may need to think of....if you like the look of silk finish to cupboards, flush toilet upgrade, 40mm bench top, upgrade to colour of the bench top the standard width of bench is 800mm would you like that wider? What finished look do you want to your roof, soundscreen or wall batts to stop noise between rooms, what height would you like your tile in bathrooms, water tanks can come slim line too, bricks, doors, handles really there is not much you can not upgrade. Not saying we upgraded to all of these...Hope this helps I wish I was told to make allowances in our areas of electricals, tiles and colours selections!!!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83796
Have you got your nbn and data included in your contract,Fly screens?.. so jealous u got the colourbond and steel frame. That's what our colourbond roof cost by itself. Our flooring package was the same and we went over $1154 for tiles and $1600 for upgrade carpet and underlay and that was only silver range. But $6700 is cheaper then getting in done yourself although most of our tile upgrade was the rectified tile and grout we picked for our wet areas. Make sure they quote on all bricks above Windows and doors if you don't like sheeting above Windows or push Windows up under eaves it doesn't cost anything. Extra noggins for tv or pictures???? The list could go on our site cost blew out to $40,000 that was fire rating 19.5 bal do u know what is normal for your area, and our slab and piering...

kikihome
charlibear
Hey Kiki

going to look fabulous!!

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Hi charlibear

It has been the longest wait of my life, the whole development has seemed a bit strange, as if they are purposely delaying things. The whole first stage is practically dead flat and was an open paddock, so you would think they could have smashed out the civil works in no time at all, but apparently not...

I absolutely cannot wait to be able to get our build started, I love watching everyone elses so much too though. Ive seen lots of your posts!

I have no patience so I take my hat off to you!! I wonder what is taking them so long?

Yeah I am on a lot of threads, I love watch their builds come to life and it makes me more excited for ours and it means I leave hubby alone with build talk lol.

Cannot wait to see your colours choices, I think that is my favourite part of everyone threads, that and slab pics

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Dee80
Oh wow that is going to be some house!!! I too look forward in watching your build. We are white and grey all the way too.
Colours is fun, things you may need to think of....if you like the look of silk finish to cupboards, flush toilet upgrade, 40mm bench top, upgrade to colour of the bench top the standard width of bench is 800mm would you like that wider? What finished look do you want to your roof, soundscreen or wall batts to stop noise between rooms, what height would you like your tile in bathrooms, water tanks can come slim line too, bricks, doors, handles really there is not much you can not upgrade. Not saying we upgraded to all of these...Hope this helps I wish I was told to make allowances in our areas of electricals, tiles and colours selections!!!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83796

Love the white and grey, it ages well! Thanks for the list! We are already at the top of our budget that we wanted to spend (really spending more than we wanted to lol) so I'm probably going to have to restrain myself a fair bit at colour selections. I hope I will be able to at least ?
Milestone
Have you got your nbn and data included in your contract,Fly screens?.. so jealous u got the colourbond and steel frame. That's what our colourbond roof cost by itself. Our flooring package was the same and we went over $1154 for tiles and $1600 for upgrade carpet and underlay and that was only silver range. But $6700 is cheaper then getting in done yourself although most of our tile upgrade was the rectified tile and grout we picked for our wet areas. Make sure they quote on all bricks above Windows and doors if you don't like sheeting above Windows or push Windows up under eaves it doesn't cost anything. Extra noggins for tv or pictures???? The list could go on our site cost blew out to $40,000 that was fire rating 19.5 bal do u know what is normal for your area, and our slab and piering...

Yeah we have allowance for NBN included, should roll out in our area next year sometime so hopefully be available by the time our house is getting built. We are leaving out the screens and going to add them in at a later stage. Our contract has fixed price site works so Im hoping theres no hidden surprises? I have no idea about the bush fire rating yet either... ooooh I'm starting to feel a lil nervous now! Thanks for all the tips and things to think about, appreciate it a lot!
Love your plan and I'm a concrete, oak timber and white lover! My house is filled with it! Will be following along. Colour selections wise Kitchen: soft close drawers, shadow line finger pull cabintery, bulk heads, bindrawer (had to have it after playing with the display one!) waterfalls to island, stone upgrades...probs a gazillion more and many already listed above. Bathrooms: wallhung vanities with stone tops, close coupled wall faced toilets, freestanding bath, niches, tapware again probs a million more upgrades to be added. Flooring and Tiles: rectified $$$$ crazy laying costs but all swish tiles are rectified! I spent $5.5k on tile upgrades for two bathrooms and powder room. Full height to three main walls, smart drains or shower grates, grout choices. Lighting and electrical is super expensive. One gas point is $500! I barely added extra and still cost $2k over the allowance. We paid extra to have skirting tacked on until after laminate is laid so no scotia, upgraded underlay and laminate to 2.4m long boards. It's vanilla oak with saw cuts and looks
so so many things you can upgrade. Feature walls cost a silly amount so hoping to grab the painter on the side with cash lol you'll enjoy every second of picking the personal touches for your home. You sound pretty prepared so I'm sure you'll nail it! Good luck!

deejay08
Love your plan and I'm a concrete, oak timber and white lover! My house is filled with it! Will be following along. Colour selections wise Kitchen: soft close drawers, shadow line finger pull cabintery, bulk heads, bindrawer (had to have it after playing with the display one!) waterfalls to island, stone upgrades...probs a gazillion more and many already listed above. Bathrooms: wallhung vanities with stone tops, close coupled wall faced toilets, freestanding bath, niches, tapware again probs a million more upgrades to be added. Flooring and Tiles: rectified $$$$ crazy laying costs but all swish tiles are rectified! I spent $5.5k on tile upgrades for two bathrooms and powder room. Full height to three main walls, smart drains or shower grates, grout choices. Lighting and electrical is super expensive. One gas point is $500! I barely added extra and still cost $2k over the allowance. We paid extra to have skirting tacked on until after laminate is laid so no scotia, upgraded underlay and laminate to 2.4m long boards. It's vanilla oak with saw cuts and looks
so so many things you can upgrade. Feature walls cost a silly amount so hoping to grab the painter on the side with cash lol you'll enjoy every second of picking the personal touches for your home. You sound pretty prepared so I'm sure you'll nail it! Good luck!

Oooooh vanilla oak sounds lovely ? thats actually one thing we have forgotten all about, the soft close drawers, I really want those! I think the designer style promo we chose included things like the wall hung vanities with stone tops, nice big front door, kitchen bulk heads and other stylish extras which is nice. Im crossing my fingers I will not be too fussy with my tile selections... haha!! Love that we have the same taste in colours, do you have a build thread?
Hey Kiki I sure do! I think if you click on me its 'Our First Build' is my thread. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be posting my internal pics and seeing my selections come to life. Bricks finished this week yay! I chose this tile concrete 30x60for bathroom walls and timber look tile for bathroom floors. The White is the bath and basins

This is the vanilla oak laminate.

Can't wait to see your selections! It's the best part of the whole process
hope it lol goes smoothly for you and that your slab will be down in no time!
deejay08
Hey Kiki I sure do! I think if you click on me its 'Our First Build' is my thread. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be posting my internal pics and seeing my selections come to life. Bricks finished this week yay! I chose this tile concrete 30x60for bathroom walls and timber look tile for bathroom floors. The White is the bath and basins

Twinnie you've got me rethinking my choices to match yours

I'm thinking my choice will be too dark and now thinking of re doing our bathroom selections!! Why must I be so indecisive

viewtopic.php?t=83643
deejay08

Oh i love all of it! We definitely have the same taste! Excited to see the rest of your build, cant wait!
kikihome
Milestone

Yeah we have allowance for NBN included, should roll out in our area next year sometime so hopefully be available by the time our house is getting built. We are leaving out the screens and going to add them in at a later stage. Our contract has fixed price site works so Im hoping theres no hidden surprises? I have no idea about the bush fire rating yet either... ooooh I'm starting to feel a lil nervous now! Thanks for all the tips and things to think about, appreciate it a lot!

Good luck with it all

kikihome
Milestone

Good luck with it all

Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum