Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Brisbane South Custom-ish House

Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I have been stalking (like everyone else!) for a long time and have recently started commenting on other builds. I have got lots of tips and ideas on the forum and thought I would add our build to help others as well to give something back.

We purchased an old house in an established suburb south of Brisbane in February after umming and ahhing about building in under our renovated post war cottage. In the end we would end of spending nearly the same money to build new and not get exactly what we wanted so decided to start from scratch. We sold our home we lived in (after purchasing the one to knock down) and are currently renting.

We have 2 young children so have designed a home for family life with living downstairs and bedrooms upstairs. Tried to make it as kid friendly as possible with room for the kids to grow up. Colour scheme is white and grey with timber and black accents. We hope to be in by May 2017 (hoping this is realistic as we are already sick of renting!).

Timeline:
Feb 2016 Purchased old house
Feb-Arp 2016 Display home shopping, talking to builders, quotes etc. Builder officially selected in May 2016
May 2016 Old house removed
May-Sep 2016 Selections research and appointments
Sep 2016 Sent to council for approval

(please bear with me as I had plans/colours etc over the next few days to make this topic more complete)
Plans (to be posted shortly - just tagging this space)
Flooring

Front porch, hallway, living/kitchen and laundry floor 900x450mm Maxis Grey Lappato Rectified tiles

600x300 version of the above tile in upstairs wet areas (and shower walls)

Study, media room and upstairs hallway, bedrooms and activity room in a medium grey carpet.

Back patio just concrete until we are in the house and finish the landscaping around the pool. Thinking something like this depending on budget:

External colours

Colour combo plan below, still looking at how we will use them over the elevations.

Dulux Teahouse:

Dulux Paving stone:

Surfmist:

Kitchen and WIP

Kitchen inspiration (ours will have fixed glass panel splash back to overlook green wall/plants)

Bench top caesarstone Oyster
Island and lower cabinets Polytec Arctic Ice Ultraglaze
Upper cabinets and wall oven tower Polytec Natural Oak Ravine (timber feel)
Splash back fixed glass panel
Blum drawers and lift up upper cabinets

Oliveri black sink and tap

Ensuite

Grey flooring/shower/toilet backing walls in 600x300 same as living area above:

Tiling feature wall behind basins Beaumont fusion blend taupe (comes in 4 different panels to make a feature type thing)

Testing signature

<a href="http://www.forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=84823">KDR Brisbane South</a>
Great choices I love the kitchen do you have your plans yet??

Following along

Love the colours and tiles you have chosen.

That inspo pic is just gorgeous!!

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
I do have plans - need to get mobile friendly versions uploaded. Is my signature working properly? And thanks!

<a href="http://www.forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=84823">KDR Brisbane South</a>
Hi Gem, Just found your thread and wondering how things are progressing?
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum