Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building an Aegean230 with Mainvue.

Page 18 of 20
Aaaargh!! Sucks about the shower heads. Your bathrooms look fabulous though.

Have a few mates who’ve moved in before all the minor issues were fixed and it took months as once the cash was in, their job priority dropped.

We also went with 2 shower heads, but one hangs from the ceiling. Might be a mistake, but I wanted an option to stand under a shower rather than have it come from the side (I’m 6’3).

Can’t wait to see your final walkthrough.
firsttime_homies1401
Went to the house and found some items missing/stolen.
It’s either 1. Some idiot has stolen both the ensuite rain shower heads or 2. The plumber has taken them off to avoid them being taken.
Unfortunately I think it’s the former and nothing else is missing or has been damaged which makes me feel it’s a trade from another job that’s stolen it.

Oh Firsttime that's horrid. That's the worse feeling knowing someone has been through and violated your house. I hope that Henley can replace this quickly and ensure that the house is locked up tight after they leave. If it was tradies that makes it even worse.

On a different note your house is flying along and is looking great.
SAFA1
Aaaargh!! Sucks about the shower heads. Your bathrooms look fabulous though.

Have a few mates who’ve moved in before all the minor issues were fixed and it took months as once the cash was in, their job priority dropped.

We also went with 2 shower heads, but one hangs from the ceiling. Might be a mistake, but I wanted an option to stand under a shower rather than have it come from the side (I’m 6’3).

Can’t wait to see your final walkthrough.

Thanks SAFA, I’ve read so many posts where homeowners take the keys and their defects from pre handover are still outstanding.
I know you can’t withhold progress payments other than the settlement one.
SAFA, it’s your home and you set it out how it best suits you not how it looks to other people. I’ve seen the wall and ceiling shower head combo and it looks good as it gives the bathroom a modern/hotel look.

Rachael13
firsttime_homies1401
Went to the house and found some items missing/stolen.
It’s either 1. Some idiot has stolen both the ensuite rain shower heads or 2. The plumber has taken them off to avoid them being taken.
Unfortunately I think it’s the former and nothing else is missing or has been damaged which makes me feel it’s a trade from another job that’s stolen it.

Oh Firsttime that's horrid. That's the worse feeling knowing someone has been through and violated your house. I hope that Henley can replace this quickly and ensure that the house is locked up tight after they leave. If it was tradies that makes it even worse.

On a different note your house is flying along and is looking great.

There’s no other damage other than the shower heads missing and likely a tradie from another build. It’s not something that will delay the build (which is good) but an inconvenience nonetheless.
We are at the house at least 3-4 times a week especially in weekends and afternoons so there’s a good chance we’d run into someone if they tried to get in the house.
How exciting you’ve finally got your gas meter!! I know your build has been frustrating to you but you’re nearly there and will be enjoying all that space soon!

The siting of the house gives so much natural light into the living areas.
Kitchen:

Island Bench:

Undermount Sink:

Stacker Doors:

Windows cleaned:

Master window fixed:

My boy checking out the view from his room:

Very happy with the way the house is going.

firsttime_homies1401
The siting of the house gives so much natural light into the living areas.
Kitchen:

Island Bench:

Undermount Sink:

Stacker Doors:

Windows cleaned:

Master window fixed:

My boy checking out the view from his room:

Very happy with the way the house is going.

Considering it’s winter that is very good natural light coming into the house.
Looking amazing. I love the light in the living dining kitchen.

You guys must be so close to NHP.
Rachael13
Looking amazing. I love the light in the living dining kitchen.

You guys must be so close to NHP.

Thanks Rachael,
Our SS still won’t give us a date but we aren’t in a hurry. Admin stated NHP is not scheduled until end of August but we’ll see.

NHP booked in!! Woohoo
!! The thought of moving from the in laws and finally having our own space again is unbelievable.
Now we’ve got to rush around and finalise our quotes for the flooring, window furnishing, concrete etc.

firsttime_homies1401

NHP booked in!! Woohoo
!! The thought of moving from the in laws and finally having our own space again is unbelievable.
Now we’ve got to rush around and finalise our quotes for the flooring, window furnishing, concrete etc.

Well - only 20 days to organise the after works. Hope you have already decided the flooring and carpet choice - which would make it easier.
firsttime_homies1401

NHP booked in!! Woohoo

That's so fantastic. I hope that it all goes smooth for you.

Do check that your antenna works if you got one installed, we've been without TV since the move last week. Internet if we are lucky will be cabled from the street on Friday.

So excited for you. You just have to share the flooring and window covering pics:-)
Garage door is in, counting down the days until the 24th!!

firsttime_homies1401

All looking good - like the colour combination of garage door and then above it and on the right hand corner side. Looks like it’s just the balcony remaining to complete.
So what r plans for the porch - decking in similar colour to garage door

And your neighbours look like ready to move too - that’s so good - no more tradies around
Very exciting!! House is looking amazing. 9 days to go!
pEast
firsttime_homies1401

All looking good - like the colour combination of garage door and then above it and on the right hand corner side. Looks like it’s just the balcony remaining to complete.
So what r plans for the porch - decking in similar colour to garage door

And your neighbours look like ready to move too - that’s so good - no more tradies around

Thanks PE, we were worried about the garage door but it matches well with the bricks and the rich chocolate stain.
Yep, the porch will be decked with exposed agg for the driveway and path.
Neighbours started way after us and finished before us. Those Metricon tradies work bloody fast.
We check out the house nearly every second day but we haven’t seen our neighbours once to say hi.

Yeah - the Metricon guys r 100 metre runners - got 3 double near our place and nearing completion within 5 months or so.

Is Front massive door 🚪 painted or have you gone stain. I have it stained feast Watson Swann river Jarrah and have no idea how it looks - the colour girl just put it and we went ok
pEast
Yeah - the Metricon guys r 100 metre runners - got 3 double near our place and nearing completion within 5 months or so.

Is Front massive door
painted or have you gone stain. I have it stained feast Watson Swann river Jarrah and have no idea how it looks - the colour girl just put it and we went ok

The pivot door has been stained in rich chocolate and the brand is by Cabots.
If you go into Bunnings, they’ve got samples of what the stain looks like on different timbers.
Also you get a sample of the stain and use it on the same timber that your door is made out off to get an idea. If you like it great. If you don’t like it tell your SS to let the painters do a different stain.

firsttime_homies1401
pEast

Is Front massive door
painted or have you gone stain. I have it stained feast Watson Swann river Jarrah and have no idea how it looks - the colour girl just put it and we went ok

The pivot door has been stained in rich chocolate and the brand is by Cabots.
If you go into Bunnings, they’ve got samples of what the stain looks like on different timbers.
Also you get a sample of the stain and use it on the same timber that your door is made out off to get an idea. If you like it great. If you don’t like it tell your SS to let the painters do a different stain.

Thanks for the idea. Will check it out.
Just as I suspected, Henley have delayed the Final Inspection.
I always thought this would be the case after visiting the house as there was still so much to do and they would have had to rush everything to get it done by the 24th of July.
So now the new date is the 1st of August. We’ll see how we go.

firsttime_homies1401
Just as I suspected, Henley have delayed the Final Inspection.
I always thought this would be the case after visiting the house as there was still so much to do and they would have had to rush everything to get it done by the 24th of July.
So now the new date is the 1st of August. We’ll see how we go.

Hi firsttime

Just wondering regarding front door - did they first stain it and then fix the door handle or the handle first and then stain. In my case all internal door were painted and then hardware put but in case of front door they put the handle first and then they gonna stain.
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum