Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building an Aegean230 with Mainvue.

Page 15 of 20
firsttime_homies1401
Extended landing to match the Aegean 45. Good decision!

View of the landing from the front door.

Kitchen island is in.

Tower and pot drawers.

Waterproofing done.

SS has done well making sure there’s constant work on site and not having different trades all at once working over each other.
Next is the bathroom cabinets and the external cladding.

Coming along nicely and it is giving me an idea what is next for my build
Woohoo! Pivot Door is in and it’s huge. Will make moving big items into the house a bit easier.

Inside view of the entrance.

Upstairs ensuite cabinetry

Double door entrance to the master

Cavity doors to the theatre

Poor kids couldn’t see their rooms as all the internal doors have been installed and are locked.

Loving seeing your build come together and seeing the differences. Love the pivot door and the extend landing on the stairs such a difference they make to the look of the house.

House is looking great - we also added cavity sliders for the theater.

Can't wait to see your colours together for your tiles and benches
Rachael13
Loving seeing your build come together and seeing the differences. Love the pivot door and the extend landing on the stairs such a difference they make to the look of the house.

It’s great to watch other Aegean builds go up. Even though we have the same or similar floor plans we’ve all added our own little personal touches that makes them all different.
We’ve got our meeting with the tiler on Wednesday to go through how they plan on laying the tiles. Another excuse to take more photos.
All our tiles and stones are Cat 1 so they’re not super impressive but we love the colours and hope they all match together.

firsttime_homies1401
Rachael13

It’s great to watch other Aegean builds go up. Even though we have the same or similar floor plans we’ve all added our own little personal touches that makes them all different.
We’ve got our meeting with the tiler on Wednesday to go through how they plan on laying the tiles. Another excuse to take more photos.
All our tiles and stones are Cat 1 so they’re not super impressive but we love the colours and hope they all match together.

Went to my site and thought check how your front door looks like cos we got the same door - well we could not see cos u had a tradie workin today
firsttime_homies1401
Woohoo! Pivot Door is in and it’s huge. Will make moving big items into the house a bit easier.

Inside view of the entrance.

Upstairs ensuite cabinetry

Double door entrance to the master

Cavity doors to the theatre

Poor kids couldn’t see their rooms as all the internal doors have been installed and are locked.

Good progress but just wondering did they paint those CSD already - we too got about 6 CSD,s and for theatre and rumpus got 2 CSD at 820 each
firsttime_homies1401
Rachael13

I loved going thru the layout with the tiler, it will ensure that your tiles are how you want them. I thanked the tilers for the work that they did on our house, as I was so relieved that there were no issues or surprised.

Oh - everything will be super impressive just wait and see. My tiles, stone and cabinet are all Cat 1 and I think they look amazing
pEast
firsttime_homies1401
Rachael13

Went to my site and thought check how your front door looks like cos we got the same door - well we could not see cos u had a tradie workin today

Yeah, that would be our lockup chippy fitting all the door/window frames. We’ve been pretty lucky so far having had trades on site pretty much everyday.
Our doors haven’t been painted yet as we’re still waiting for the painter.
You’ll love the pivot door it’s so high. Did you get translucent or frosted glass panels?

We went for translucent
Hi firsttime
Was there large gaps between walls and ceilings like this before cornices were put

I’m going for waterproofing/fixing stage inspection so just wondering will they pick this
pEast
Hi firsttime
Was there large gaps between walls and ceilings like this before cornices were put

I’m going for waterproofing/fixing stage inspection so just wondering will they pick this

Because you have cornices, the plasterers leave that gap as there’s no need for them to go all the way.
As we’ve gone for square set throughout the whole house, the plasterers have made the joins all flush in the corner.
I wouldn’t stress too much as the cornices will cover that gap.

firsttime_homies1401
pEast
Hi firsttime

Because you have cornices, the plasterers leave that gap as there’s no need for them to go all the way.
As we’ve gone for square set throughout the whole house, the plasterers have made the joins all flush in the corner.
I wouldn’t stress too much as the cornices will cover that gap.

Hi firsttime

Thanks for clarifying it. Makes sense.
Had a meeting with the tiler today and went through how we wanted the tiles set out. They were really responsive and understanding but we’ll see the proof when they’ve finished.

Kids bathroom

Floor tiles - Milano Latte Gloss

Checked out the house today and tilers still working. They’re working all weekend and should have the tiles done Sunday arvo. Glad I had the meeting with them and happy with their work as well.
Ensuite:

Upstairs powder:

Downstairs shower:

Did they install any cement sheet underlay under the tiles in the bathroom?

JB1
Did they install any cement sheet underlay under the tiles in the bathroom?

I don’t believe they did. I haven’t seen any other builds with the underlay.
Is that standard or an upgrade to have the cement sheet under the tiles?

Render for the pillars:

Feature tile for the ensuite:

Kids Bathroom:

Coming along nicely. Love the feature tiling in the ensuite. Have you been given an estimated end date yet?

Our Henley Aegean45
Aegean430
Coming along nicely. Love the feature tiling in the ensuite. Have you been given an estimated end date yet?

Our Henley Aegean45

No not yet, I actually haven’t asked yet but once we get the lock up invoice I might ask then.

firsttime_homies1401
Aegean430

Our Henley Aegean45

No not yet, I actually haven’t asked yet but once we get the lock up invoice I might ask then.

From the photos it looks like u have chosen 3 types of tiles - one for floor and for walls 2.
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations - Melbourne

Building A New House

I do enjoy the drama:-D In his latest two videos he has started bringing security guards to site, I am waiting for the punch on to begin lol

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum