Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building an Aegean230 with Mainvue.

Page 1 of 20
We were wondering if anyone was building or has built the Aegean 230 from Mainvue. We would like some help on the design especially the finer details on the ground floor stairs.
Any assistance would be a great help.
Thanks,
Sam
Hi firsttimehommies,

We are also thinking of building the Aegean 230.
But a bit worried with some of the bad things we've read about mainvue/henley. Still deciding between them or the Sorrento from Carlisle.

Following your build here ?
This is freaky, our two homes we've narrowed down to are the Aegean 230 and the Sorrento

We haven't decided to build yet and are still deciding between the two. There are so many pros and cons for both builders but we have done quite a bit of research thanks to HomeOne

hahahaha guess we have the same taste!

we have already put a deposit with carlisle for the sorrento, which unfortunately is non refundable, but then we drove past mainvue the other day and saw their promotion and made us rethink again. its sooo hard! we have an appointment with mainvue this saturday, and the lady there said they might be able to do something with that 1k we put on carlisle if we go with them. fingers crossed.

they really are the same but the main bathroom in sorrento is way too small, we think thats a major downside. and it is more expensive than the aegean. plus we get more storage in the aegean. and sinks in all powder room, wont make the door handles gross. lol. although carlisle has a better reputation than mainvue and we got that promo with high ceilings, butlers pantry and undermount sinks, which we can just upgrade with mainvue, its still cheaper than carlisle. really comes down to which floorplan suits us best.

where are you building? what are your thoughts with these houses? sorry im no help.. we are both on the same boat!
okay so what ever you have heard bad about Henley probably isnt all that true, we have built with them and are more than happy with our house!

We are currentlybuilding again and have had a look at the sorrento however we are building with Henley again! Our friends have a carlisle house and the finishes and the house juse look average... The other thing We have found is that Henley has a far better use of sapce for the open plan living over carlisle. Dont get me wrong they are both great builders but henley/mainvue will always get my vote over carlisle
It's a case of staying on top of your build. Doing a bit of research on what to look out for and not taking any bs from your builder. Parents and sister built with Henley and quality was pretty good not to mention they had better standard inclusions than the other builders.

We got a quote from Mainvue with a few upgrades like you mentioned (undermount sink, high ceilings, upgrade to pantry and window splashback etc as per the display). We love the layout of the Aegean as it suits our block of land perfectly.

Yeah, this time we will be getting an independent inspector.

We have an irregular block and the aegean 230 fits well, gives us a decent back and side yard.

I wonder why henley/mainvue has little reviews compared to other builders but looking around our estate, there are a lot building with them.
We've been advised to do a heap of research on the inspectors as well. The industry is not regulated so there is no minimum qualifications (if any).

If you don't mind me asking which estate are you building?

We're looking at Eliston and we set up a page but currently no responses

Did you look at product review and search Mainvue or Henley?

Yup. We have been doing a lot of research as its our 2nd time building, we want to get everything right this time. We didn't get an independent inspector the 1st time as we couldn't afford it that time but definitely get one this time around. Good thing our house turned out fine, just getting small for us, thus the upgrade.

We are building in Allura, Truganina.
We're first time builders and I don't know what I would do without home one.

The cost of a good quality inspector far outweighs the cost and headaches of a build that's cut corners and of a low quality. Chasing up the builder once they've got most of your money is next to impossible.

We have a friend building with a volume builder and they have got so many problems from the slab to the brickwork.

You're lucky you have a fair idea what to look out having gone through the roller coaster that is building.

We keep looking at the Aegean 430 display at Keysborough and it is a fantastic home (hate to know the price of all the inclusions).

Speaking to Carlisle and reading their reviews on product review. It's starting to make our decision really hard as we like the new promo they've got at the moment.

firsttime_homies1401

The cost of a good quality inspector far outweighs the cost and headaches of a build that's cut corners and of a low quality. Chasing up the builder once they've got most of your money is next to impossible.

We have a friend building with a volume builder and they have got so many problems from the slab to the brickwork.

You're lucky you have a fair idea what to look out having gone through the roller coaster that is building.

We keep looking at the Aegean 430 display at Keysborough and it is a fantastic home (hate to know the price of all the inclusions).

Speaking to Carlisle and reading their reviews on product review. It's starting to make our decision really hard as we like the new promo they've got at the moment.

The reason Carlisle has so many reviews is their staff get $500 bonus if they get their customers to post a good review. So you would find that they are mostly from someone saying they will give them something for writing these.

Henley goes on their reputation over anything and have been building for a long time Also Henley do offer 50 year structural warranty and this is pretty good if you ask me.
Well that would make sense why they've got so many reviews. I value the reviews on Home One as they are mostly genuine reviews and comments.

Either way it's a daunting and expensive experience.

Hope your meeting with Mainvue goes well this Saturday. Look forward to hearing which builder you're going to go with.

Actually, we gave Carlisle a 1k deposit but not once did our sales consultant asked or mentioned anything about writing a review.

And also, spoke with our cleaner today and apparently she has heard a lot of good things about carlisle and to stay away from henley as she's from Queensland and they had it bad there.

We really love the Aegean. And have decided last night to go with MainVue. But now we're second guessing ourselves again.

Makes it harder really. ? really, i think it just comes down to luck. Like everything else in life.
We are 75% aegian and 25% Sorrento.

Just need to properly sit down and talk with mainvue to clarify our questions.

Let us know if you have decided which one. And i researched your estate, looks pretty awesome. 4 sporting ovals!
stayxtrue
firsttime_homies1401

The reason Carlisle has so many reviews is their staff get $500 bonus if they get their customers to post a good review. So you would find that they are mostly from someone saying they will give them something for writing these.

Henley goes on their reputation over anything and have been building for a long time Also Henley do offer 50 year structural warranty and this is pretty good if you ask me.

Agree with 50 year structural guarantee, one of the reasons we chose Henley. I tried to look at getting the maison 33 under Carlisle and was told I was over capitalising in Melton...maybe true but I was a genuine customer and was pretty much fobbed off. I am now building a double storey 47 square home, still in Melton. They lost a sale because of poor customer service. Henley has been very good approving all our structural changes value of $50k. I even turned up over an hour late, unintentional, to tender, and they carried on as if I wasn't late, very good service. So far very happy with Henley
We're the first house that you see when you turn into the estate so no pressure in having a half decent house
. Thats why we love the Aegean 230 as majority of the living areas face towards the footy oval and tennis courts.

Hi spice girl glad to hear that your experience with Henley is going well. What I liked about Mainvue was the quote was upfront no hidden prices for changes and they were flexible with minor changes not costing anything.

Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum