Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Modified Coral Cloncurry. Driveway and decking pics.

Page 1 of 42
Hi everyone! We are preparing to build with Coral for the second time. We built the Stradbroke 5 years ago and are in the process of selling it (under contract).
We have bought a 4053sqm block in New Beith forest estate. Today we paid our deposit for the soil test and for our plans to be drawn up. We have heavily modified the Cloncurry 37, chopping off quite a bit. We started with the coolum 30 (modified) then went to the longreach 33, which didn't quite work for us. We finally have a plan that works for us
Our rough modified plan is below.

For some reason it keeps rotating. Anyway, you get the general idea
That's is a great plan. I love acreage builds. Are you putting your own outdoor area on later after handover? It's huge. Have you made any colour selections or upgrades yet??

View topic
We are going to have a huge timber deck and will fo with a stratco style patio roof. The back of the house looks down towards bush and the sun sets right behind the block, so we are looking forwards to kicking back out there and enjoying the sunset
We will also deck outside the master bedroom and will put a spa pool out there.
We have literally (2 hours ago) made the preliminary deposit, so we will wait until a quite and the plans come in before deciding on upgrades etc. We don't even know how big the house is, we changed it so much lol. We are getting the elegance upgrade. At the special price, we would be silly not to. It had a lot of the upgrades we added in with our Stradbroke and love.
I have a good idea of what colours I want. I love a nice, white kitchen, so will go with that again. I like the timber look tiles, so will have them for the main flooring. I want to go grey on our walls. We went white last time and while they look nice, they were a pain to keep clean.
I would say it's going to be big, we were the same after building last time which is similar to your plan, I just went basic so this time we made sure to get as many upgrades as possible. Is the flooring deal still on? I went white on white this time so hopefully it's ok it has a blue tint to it which I love cause I think it will go well with our grey tiles. I lost my nerve and we decided to stick to the White kitchen last time we got talked in to adding colour and it got old quick. They say you have to build three times to get it right but I am not going through this again

This was our inspiration

View topic
Lovely, I really like the flow of the plan
Milestone
I would say it's going to be big, we were the same after building last time which is similar to your plan, I just went basic so this time we made sure to get as many upgrades as possible. Is the flooring deal still on? I went white on white this time so hopefully it's ok it has a blue tint to it which I love cause I think it will go well with our grey tiles. I lost my nerve and we decided to stick to the White kitchen last time we got talked in to adding colour and it got old quick. They say you have to build three times to get it right but I am not going through this again

This was our inspiration

View topic

Love that inspiration pic! There is just somethig about a crisp white kitchen! Not sure what we will do for the splashback. I would like a silver glass one, but it will all depend on what our quote comes in at. A lot will depend on the soil tests.
We were the opposite - we went all out with our stradbroke and spent heaps on upgrades. This time I want more simple, but stylish.
Bigblock7
Lovely, I really like the flow of the plan

Thank you
It took a while to figure the plan out. Our coral sales guy has been so patient with us. We kept chopping and changing.
We went the kitchen upgrade and the glass splash back was included it's the same as the tiles dark grey but mind u it's the only colour in the house
when I added I up the waterfall and polar silk finish cupboards with pot draws etc it was pretty similar

View topic
I love the waterfall edges, but I don't think we can afford it this time around.
I understand it such a stretch, but that plan is amazing

View topic
Hi, fantastic floor plan. Your very lucky to be able to have a acreage home I will look forward in seeing your changes.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83796
Gorgeous floor plan!! I love acreage builds! Following along

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
I have been a bit slack updating this but I have been a silent stalker of everyone else's threads lol. We are just finalising the plans. We got the first draft back but we have sent it back for a few minor changes. The main change is swapping the activity room and the bedroom 2. We will use the activity room as the media room. I will be starting up a home based business and will be using the media room for that.
Getting excited though!
Settlement on our current house (coral stradbroke) goes through the monday after next, so we are moving into a rental. We couldn't find anything big enough for all our stuff so we have had to get a storage shed too lol.

I can't get the photo to stay rotated on this page.
Our land

It looks down towards the bush at the back. We initially thought our boundary was in front of the trees. It was confusing because there were so many pegs. We were so excited to realise our boundary pegs were 20 metres into the bush lol.
Your land looks huge and I love the changes to the plans... I bet you can't wait. Can't wait to see your colours

Yay, I wondered what happened to you! Your changes look great. Can't wait to see your colours!!

Yay for land being bigger than what you thought!!

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Milestone
Your land looks huge and I love the changes to the plans... I bet you can't wait. Can't wait to see your colours

It is huge, but funnily enough, we still had trouble fitting it on the block. Because it is so long. We were going to build the Longreach, but it was too long. Hence why we have modified the cloncurry plan. I can't wait to do my colours. I have a good idea of what I want and have heaps of inspiration photos saved on my phone, tablet, and computer lol.
charlibear
Yay, I wondered what happened to you! Your changes look great. Can't wait to see your colours!!

Yay for land being bigger than what you thought!!

viewtopic.php?t=83643

I will make sure I update regularly. Can't wait to do my colours!
It's crazy long I was trying to add it up, you might need to invest in skates to get from one side to another, is it nearly 30 metres
if you need to get any prices before your apps let me know.... Have your kids picked there rooms yet?

Milestone
It's crazy long I was trying to add it up, you might need to invest in skates to get from one side to another, is it nearly 30 metres
if you need to get any prices before your apps let me know.... Have your kids picked there rooms yet?

It is very long! The house we are in now is 25 metres and that seems really long lol. I was standing at the front door today trying to imagine how long the new house is going to be.
Our kids have chosen bedrooms 2 and 3. Our youngest wanted the one furtherest from the toilet. People walk past his room after leaving the toilet and in his words "it is awkward making eye contact with someone after they have just taken a crap" lmao. Hence why the toilet is buried away in a powder room away from the bedrooms.
Our kids are 21 and almost 18. They are both studying, so will be at home for a while.
Related
2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum