Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds express Westbury Beckett facade

Page 15 of 17
skinders78
PerryFamily
skinders78
[quote="PerryFamily"]Thanks guys

It makes it even more annoying as we are already paying interest on the final cheque as they requested it in December.

We were told settlement would be the 19th of December; we haven't even had PCI yet

And no updates yet as to anything happening

Very disappointing from there side that we are this close and nothing happening.

No one has even been on site since the 16th of December!!

That's terrible ! They shouldn't be able to issue the final invoice until it's complete and have you booked in for you PCI.... we had ours today - do you have a customer service person ? I talk to ours regularly and they have been really helpful.

Oh how did it go

Yeah we go but they are only helpful sometimes.... Infact they have only just started to be helpful before now it was hopeless dealing with them

That's annoying isn't it ? You must be frustrated... yes all is good- we did a walk through prior to Christmas and looked for any problems then as the site supervisor said it helps speed things up for when we return after Christmas - just got the retaining wall being finished and one brick that had a chip in it to be replaced - and our bank just did our valuation so once their report is returned and final invoice is paid we can arrange a time to collect the keys ....[/quote]

Hi, do you have a picture of the chipped brick? I have one too and still have not told the SS. I am not sure if it can be fixed though.

Thanks

Building Simonds Prague in QLD

It's right in the entry so I thought best they replace it now- the mortar might not be exact due to the sand mix they use at the time but after a year it should be same:)
RegVic
How was the PCI experience Skinders?

Yes went well RegVic - before Christmas I went through with site supervisor and check over everything and marked off with the blue tape things that needed fixing - it took ages and was very tiring but got through it- the supervisor was good as he found stuff that they regularly miss- double check the cupboards that they line up and don't have gaps - he already went through and found those... there was a brick I wanted replacing - and mostly just little plaster marks that we found so painter went back through and sanded them away. Nothing major just little things- I hope I get the keys within the week
skinders78
RegVic
How was the PCI experience Skinders?

Yes went well RegVic - before Christmas I went through with site supervisor and check over everything and marked off with the blue tape things that needed fixing - it took ages and was very tiring but got through it- the supervisor was good as he found stuff that they regularly miss- double check the cupboards that they line up and don't have gaps - he already went through and found those... there was a brick I wanted replacing - and mostly just little plaster marks that we found so painter went back through and sanded them away. Nothing major just little things- I hope I get the keys within the week

That's a great news..Congrats!!!

Looking forward to the move in pics
skinders78
PerryFamily
skinders78
[quote="PerryFamily"]Thanks guys

It makes it even more annoying as we are already paying interest on the final cheque as they requested it in December.

We were told settlement would be the 19th of December; we haven't even had PCI yet

And no updates yet as to anything happening

Very disappointing from there side that we are this close and nothing happening.

No one has even been on site since the 16th of December!!

That's terrible ! They shouldn't be able to issue the final invoice until it's complete and have you booked in for you PCI.... we had ours today - do you have a customer service person ? I talk to ours regularly and they have been really helpful.

Oh how did it go

Yeah we go but they are only helpful sometimes.... Infact they have only just started to be helpful before now it was hopeless dealing with them

That's annoying isn't it ? You must be frustrated... yes all is good- we did a walk through prior to Christmas and looked for any problems then as the site supervisor said it helps speed things up for when we return after Christmas - just got the retaining wall being finished and one brick that had a chip in it to be replaced - and our bank just did our valuation so once their report is returned and final invoice is paid we can arrange a time to collect the keys ....[/quote]

That's very exciting not long now ❤️
Where there many issues u found either now or before zmas

skinders78

It's right in the entry so I thought best they replace it now- the mortar might not be exact due to the sand mix they use at the time but after a year it should be same:)

We have the exact same thing in our entry, we didn't even notice it until after we got keys.
Stick a decorative plaque over it

Megera
skinders78

We have the exact same thing in our entry, we didn't even notice it until after we got keys.
Stick a decorative plaque over it

They fixed it
brick just needs a clean now
Does anyone know the names of these plants ? I love them - needing ideas for our landscaping
Hey! R your basins the standard or upgraded

skinders78
Does anyone know the names of these plants ? I love them - needing ideas for our landscaping

Take the pic to a nursery, we did the same as we had no clue on what the plants were called.

I finally got my keys ❤️❤️
PerryFamily

We upgraded the vanity size
Congrats!
CONGRATS!!!
[quote="PerryFamily"]Hey! R your basins the standard or upgraded

[/quote

We upgraded the vanities and added draws.
Woohoo!!!!

skinders78
PerryFamily

We upgraded the vanity size

Oh okay
your lucky to get them apparently they aren't making them anymore

Woohoo keys!' Congrats!!

Congratulations!!

It's all looking so lovely, I love the warm colours

Related
7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

30/05/2023
share traditional gable roof facade with pillars having ston

Building A New House

traditional gable roof facade - Have you did the dark and light gray color combination in facade with gray stone in facade…

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum