Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our new family home Metricon Metro 32 QLD

Page 26 of 35
Fantastic result!
Oh wow looks fantastic! Any pics of your living spaces?

Nice pics, Beac.
I see quite a few blue tape on the walls... are these for marks on the paint, or poor quality paint work?
Thank you all

Vantage, I only got this one of the living area today

Ben, the blue tapes were mainly marks on the wall and some bad paintwork. There were also holes in the wall from wrong placement of towel rail in our powder room. Then defects on the door like chipped wood. It's basically for anything and everything that I didn't like

Awesome news Beac!!! Wow that's amazing. Thumbs up to your speedy team that's for sure!!! Glad it's only touch ups required
well done.
Wish Melbourne was super speedy like yours

Amazing! Adding that extra rumpus room really adds to the space, do you plan on screen the rumpus room off or leaving it open?

Fantastic to finally have a good look over everything! The pics look amazing! Glad it all went well.

Amazing Beac!!!!! Your house looks very nice, colour is so warm, size is so big. I love it. Did you bring a hair dryer with you to check every power point? ?
Thank you all for your kind words
it seems like there were hundreds of blue tape all around today so I really hope SM will have it all sorted before handover.

Vantage, initially we wanted to screen off the rumpus then hubby decided to just leave it open cos he likes how spacious it is now

TF, you know what, I really wanted to!! but we didn't have the time to test every single one of them. I focused more on the defects that I could see instead. I was going through the PCI checklist we purchased online and that alone had too much stuff already

Beac, that's a beautiful home! All the best for the handover. You build seems to have flownby, was it around 6 months build?

Spotme
Beac, that's a beautiful home! All the best for the handover. You build seems to have flownby, was it around 6 months build?

Thanks Spotme! It was actually only 4 months. Not sure how it all happened so quickly

I was telling my SM today about your house. Told him you're already finished, he got quite competitive right away, he was like I bet her SM is Jimmy. Quite funny to see him wanting to be the most efficient, hehe.
dulie
I was telling my SM today about your house. Told him you're already finished, he got quite competitive right away, he was like I bet her SM is Jimmy. Quite funny to see him wanting to be the most efficient, hehe.

he knows our SM!!!

Good to see your home coming along so smoothly. It should be the benchmark for efficiency

beac_faith
Spotme

Thanks Spotme! It was actually only 4 months. Not sure how it all happened so quickly

Wow lucky you!
Enjoy your lovely abode

So we drove by today to take some pics of the house exterior. Temporary fencing is now gone. It's good to see our house looking almost complete and it's no longer a construction site. Still can't believe our journey with M is almost over!

It was a last minute decision to tell SM to paint our infills in monument. Was really torn between surfmist and monument. I hope I didn't make our exterior too dark

beac_faith
Thank you all

Ben, the blue tapes were mainly marks on the wall and some bad paintwork. There were also holes in the wall from wrong placement of towel rail in our powder room. Then defects on the door like chipped wood. It's basically for anything and everything that I didn't like

Love the wide/ full length windows to the right of your living. What are they called? Arr they upgrade? Or was that included in the basic design?
faykis
beac_faith
Thank you all

Love the wide/ full length windows to the right of your living. What are they called? Arr they upgrade? Or was that included in the basic design?

They're standard. Don't remember we did any upgrades.

Looks fantastic beac! Seriously not long to go now, must be so exciting!
Absolutely beautiful Beac
wowww love your home. Awesome build from start to end

Related
31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum