Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our new family home Metricon Metro 32 QLD

Page 23 of 35
House looks fantastic! The fc infills colour look pretty good too, matches the rest of the house exterior.
dulie
House looks fantastic! The fc infills colour look pretty good too, matches the rest of the house exterior.

Thanks D. Yeah we actually chose surfmist at studio M then decided to change to monument at the last variation. I guess we'll have to see it in real before deciding whether to keep it that way.

beac_faith
Another email from SM came through with more photos. It looks like our stairs have been stained, but it looks lighter than what we expected. Not sure if that's the final colour.

Our FC infills are also done but they look like they're in surfmist instead of monument that we've chosen. Although it doesn't look that bad in surfmist. Thoughts?

Cladding up close

And now.. the grand reveal

Surfmist cladding looks great !
I don't mind the surfmist infills, nice contrast against your dark bricks.

Wow Beac. Your home looks gorgeous. Your colour selections for facade blends in well. Surf mist is a good blend with your bricks.
Phenomenal progress.

Wow! Looks amazing. Congrats

Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012
Thank you all for your opinions

This morning we received some more photos from our neighbour. This time the facade is seen under the sunlight. Suddenly the rendered pier looks more chocolate than expected. We were hoping it to be more of a greyish brown. We were quite happy when we first saw it from our SM yesterday (but that was without the sun shining on it). I guess I could learn to live with this chocolate, too late to do anything now but hubby absolutely hates it
what does everyone think?

Your front door colour is beautiful. Did you determine if your stairs will get another coat?
Have you seen the pillar yet (or just a photo?)? It is definitely a chocolate colour. Do you think filters have been used on the photo that may have changed the colour a little?
Easy enough to paint over the render if he really hates it.
Very true with the filter I guess it's better seeing it in person. But your facade looks awesome, hoping the brown is a much darker shade. Gorgeous home

Agree with your hubby, too chocolate brown.
Paint it Monument to add dramatic contrast while still tying in with your scheme.

Agree, monument would look lovely and give you that grey tone you like.
Easy to paint over and not too big an area.
Once the garage door is on, you may change your mind too

JLH222
Agree, monument would look lovely and give you that grey tone you like.
Easy to paint over and not too big an area.
Once the garage door is on, you may change your mind too

Thank you everyone for your input. Kicking myself for wanting to add another colour to the facade and it's gone wrong. We haven't seen the house yet, will be back from our holidays in 4 days. Hopefully it doesn't look that bad in person.

Bubbaganoosh, still waiting to hear back from SM if our stairs will get another coat.

Vantage, thanks for the photoshopped pic
I showed that to hubby and he thinks monument looks way better.

Coming along great Beac. I agree, not too big an area to paint over if you really don't like it. It's so hard to get right with so many different light angles!

Received an email from SM this morning. Our stairs have had two coats and they will be getting a final coat in the next weeks.

The biggest piece of news is.. we have an approximate date for handover. 10/03!!!

beac_faith
Received an email from SM this morning. Our stairs have had two coats and they will be getting a final coat in the next weeks.

The biggest piece of news is.. we have an approximate date for handover. 10/03!!!

That's great news! You have a month to pack and get everything organised.

It's interesting to see your SM emails you... mine is only reachable via mobile. He said for anything via email it goes to the site office and they in-turn route the info to him.
qldben
beac_faith

That's great news! You have a month to pack and get everything organised.

It's interesting to see your SM emails you... mine is only reachable via mobile. He said for anything via email it goes to the site office and they in-turn route the info to him.

Yeah our SM actually emails us through our building support coordinator, who types the email on his behalf
never directly.

Wooweeee! Only 1 month to go!!! 4 months in total, that's gotta be a record for a double story build! Not to mention xmas break was in there too!
dulie
Wooweeee! Only 1 month to go!!! 4 months in total, that's gotta be a record for a double story build! Not to mention xmas break was in there too!

I actually went back to see when Beac's site start was, to exclaim the exact same statement!
I'm gonna try and use this build as a base to compare how mine is fairing, as we had a first week of Dec site start.
Related
31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum