Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My Metricon Bordeaux 56 build

Page 50 of 51
vuster
Pizzapocket
Hi Vuster,

House looks amazing.

Did you end up selecting the same render colour as the display home and if so do you remember what it was called ?

Yes, Dulux Candlebark

Thanks for that looks great
vuster
Hi all, it's been awhile since I've posted. We have settled in well. Most of our landscaping is done. Here's a couple recent photos.

congrats on the house it looks amazing. Can I ask where those beautiful front entry doors are from that Metricon put on some of their signature homes? I can't find them anywhere
Vuster your house looks amazing. Do you have any inside pics you want to share

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Vuster your house looks amazing. Do you have any inside pics you want to share

viewtopic.php?t=86597
His house was identical to the display home. Check metricon's website.

absolutely LOVE this house, what roller door is that? it looks amazing.
betterman
vuster
Hi all, it's been awhile since I've posted. We have settled in well. Most of our landscaping is done. Here's a couple recent photos.

congrats on the house it looks amazing. Can I ask where those beautiful front entry doors are from that Metricon put on some of their signature homes? I can't find them anywhere

Hi, they were from Canterbury Doors. Hume - Matisse Amercian Oak 2340X920. Expect to pay over 5K for the pair.
betterman
absolutely LOVE this house, what roller door is that? it looks amazing.

It's not a roller door. It's a tilt door made from Marine ply.
Hi Vuster,
You have a beautiful home. Thanks so much for taking the time to share all the information, its been extremely helpful.
Some quick questions please if you don't mind:
1. Did you replicate the Bordeaux display in Melbourne? As i note there are slight variations in the display home across the states
2. Is the external render 'colourbond evening haze' or 'candlebark'. I've seen both these names being mentioned, so just want to confirm.

Thanks so much again
Hi Alfee,
1) Yes, I replicated most of the Melbourne Bordeaux display.

2) From my colour schedule:
HEBEL & MOULDINGS
*Colour:
DULUX ‘CANDLEBARK

GUTTERING/SOAKER
Evening Haze
FASCIA/BARGE
Evening Haze
DOWNPIPES:
Evening Haze

They are the same colour, just that the colour names are different from Dulux and Colourbond.
vuster

The hedges and ficus plants have grown well:

Hi Mate

That's a beautiful home ,well done

Can i ask what color that is for the exterior.... and the color for the trim around the windows i live in Brisbane and think it would look great on my lowset ?
scott1977
Hi Mate

That's a beautiful home ,well done

Can i ask what color that is for the exterior.... and the color for the trim around the windows i live in Brisbane and think it would look great on my lowset ?

render-dulux candlebark
window trim - Dulux Beige Royal
vuster
My interior designer delivered my cushions today. Half are custom and half are off the shelf. 35 in total. Cost me small fortune for these but will definitely make an impact with all the furniture.

Can you share the interior designer contact details? I am currently looking for one
It looks magnificent!
Ranon
vuster
My interior designer delivered my cushions today. Half are custom and half are off the shelf. 35 in total. Cost me small fortune for these but will definitely make an impact with all the furniture.

Can you share the interior designer contact details? I am currently looking for one

Hi my designer is Tennille joy interiors
0407 889 818
She has a web site and Facebook page. Tell her Vu referred you.
Thanks Vu
vuster
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of building the Metricon Bordeaux in Melbourne and will be sharing my progress photos in this thread for anyone who's interested. I'm happy to help answer any questions to anyone who's considering building this home.

Here's a summary of the build:
* Knock down and rebuild
* Builder:Metricon
* Range:Signature
* Model: Bordeaux 56
* Standard size: 56 square
* Final Size: 60 squares (due to outdoor room extension)
* Options: Matched the display home for the most part
* Swimming pool - Compass Pools

The original home:

Start of the demolition;

Cleared block:

Digging the hole for the lap pool. 12X2.5m

Craning the pool into position:

The "standard" pool cover supplied by the pool company.

Relocating the power pole to make way for my new crossover. Very expensive exercise:

Week 1: Start of construction. The site is being cut:

Retaining walls installed:

Drainage works done:

Pouring the concrete:

Metricon rejected my original pool cover saying that it's not engineered. They said that building works would cease unless this was rectified. The pool company had to redo it with a new cover. 2K extra charge.

Framing has started:

2nd level floor installed:

Master suite:

2nd floor corridor:

Master WIR:

Entry hallway:

Main living area:

Garage. The ceiling is meant to be dropped to 2.7m to match the left side however I asked the supervisor if it was OK to leave the height at 3.15m and he said it should be fine. Variation raised and approved at no cost:

Framing complete:

Extended outdoor room:

Inside the roof:

Sarking installed:

Roof tiles installed:

Temporary down pipes installed:

Weather wrap installed:

I noticed that the window is not sitting at the ground level. I measured it and noticed that the wrong size window has been delivered. Short by 10cm. Notified Metricon and they confirmed the wrong order so a replacement will be organised.

Stacker doors installed:

Zoning system for the heating/cooling system:

House has been plumbed:

Thank you Vuster for sharing your journey with Metricon, quite a lot takes for me.

Unbelievable that I finished 50 pages reads, enjoy your new house, looks awesome!
LFMEL
vuster
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of building the Metricon Bordeaux in Melbourne and will be sharing my progress photos in this thread for anyone who's interested. I'm happy to help answer any questions to anyone who's considering building this home.

Here's a summary of the build:
* Knock down and rebuild
* Builder:Metricon
* Range:Signature
* Model: Bordeaux 56
* Standard size: 56 square
* Final Size: 60 squares (due to outdoor room extension)
* Options: Matched the display home for the most part
* Swimming pool - Compass Pools

The original home:

Start of the demolition;

Cleared block:

Digging the hole for the lap pool. 12X2.5m

Craning the pool into position:

The "standard" pool cover supplied by the pool company.

Relocating the power pole to make way for my new crossover. Very expensive exercise:

Week 1: Start of construction. The site is being cut:

Retaining walls installed:

Drainage works done:

Pouring the concrete:

Metricon rejected my original pool cover saying that it's not engineered. They said that building works would cease unless this was rectified. The pool company had to redo it with a new cover. 2K extra charge.

Framing has started:

2nd level floor installed:

Master suite:

2nd floor corridor:

Master WIR:

Entry hallway:

Main living area:

Garage. The ceiling is meant to be dropped to 2.7m to match the left side however I asked the supervisor if it was OK to leave the height at 3.15m and he said it should be fine. Variation raised and approved at no cost:

Framing complete:

Extended outdoor room:

Inside the roof:

Sarking installed:

Roof tiles installed:

Temporary down pipes installed:

Weather wrap installed:

I noticed that the window is not sitting at the ground level. I measured it and noticed that the wrong size window has been delivered. Short by 10cm. Notified Metricon and they confirmed the wrong order so a replacement will be organised.

Stacker doors installed:

Zoning system for the heating/cooling system:

House has been plumbed:

Thank you Vuster for sharing your journey with Metricon, quite a lot takes for me.

Unbelievable that I finished 50 pages reads, enjoy your new house, looks awesome!

Thanks, glad you found it useful.
I have finally finished my outdoor kitchen. I built this myself, however I got someone to render it since they were already doing my front fence. It fits between the house and the outdoor pillar. Tiles were left over from the house build, and I bought the bench top off cuts and installed myself. About 4K in materials/appliances.

That looks awesome, Vu!
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum